Translating Posts

amarigold

I have a TB that is now somewhere in the Czech Republic but I am unable to translate the post. I have tried numerous online translation sites but none can identify the words. Does anyone have any ideas for translating posts? Thanks!

Last summer, we picked up a TB ("Zeryk") whose goal was to return to its owner in the Czech Republic. (It got there just two cachers after us. :() The owner of the bug, who lives in Prague, posted several notes on the TB page in English, so he might be able to help you out if you email him: jirak.

Hmm...

Tried to check your profile to look at the bug, but it isn't there. Nothing's there. Posting under a different account?

Last Visit Date of Friday, June 29, 2007

Something's broke with that account.

Not necessarily. He could enter the forums without logging into his GC.com account.

Hmm...

Tried to check your profile to look at the bug, but it isn't there. Nothing's there. Posting under a different account?

Last Visit Date of Friday, June 29, 2007

Something's broke with that account.

Not necessarily. He could enter the forums without logging into his GC.com account.

Who posts today about a bug without checking since June? Something or somebody is broke.

Another thing to consider is that just because the location is in the Czech Republic doesn't mean the log is in czech. You might try Slovakian and similar languages to see if it was a tourist from a nearby country....

Dave_W6DPS

My caching account is under Redneck Rebels. I never have understood how or why I have a different name on the forums but I think way back when I started caching I must have registered separately.

I really appreciate everyone's help. I have tried all of the translation sites and then my husband reminded me that a girl who works at a local Jr Food Store here is from the Czech Republic so I went and asked her. She says that it's not Czech or Polish. I have emailed a previous cacher who found the tb and posted in English so maybe he'll be able to translate. I am also going to email n0wae's friend and see if he can help. It's really not that important but I'm just curious what's up with the tb.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Just wanted to thank everyone again for their help. I emailed the cacher who found the tb right before the post I couldn't translate. He emailed back today and told me the post is from a friend who was caching with him and that they are studying French, German, Polish and Czech and so she used words from all of those languages to write her post. That explains why none of the online translaters could figure it out LOL

Thanks again!