Wichita Geocaching Society 2007 Club Coin

4America

Preproduction sale :)

1.5 in Standard coin will be a nickel and a minting of 200, trackable on Geocaching.com. The Limited edition (LE) coin will be gold and limited to a minting of 50. When all 250 coins have been purchased, a custom icon with be purchased.

We are awaiting the final proof form the mint, and will be posted here once we receive it. Delivery should be around 4 weeks, but with proof, etc may push delivery back a little. We will post updates here as we receive them.

wgs-coin2008k.jpg

1.5 in Standard coin will be a nickel and a minting of 200, trackable on Geocaching.com. The Limited edition (LE) coin will be gold and limited to a minting of 50. When all 250 coins have been purchased, a custom icon with be purchased.

We are awaiting the final proof form the mint, and will be posted here once we receive it. Delivery should be around 4 weeks, but with proof, etc may push delivery back a little. We will post updates here as we receive them.

wgs-coin2008k.jpg

Very nice :)

wgs-coin2008k.jpg

thanks it's our first, so everyone else please so easy on us! :)

Very nice :)

LE SOLD OUT!!!!!!!! :anicute:

If you want to get on a waiting list, send me a pm, or email from the coin site listed above.

All LE coins are spoken for... we are still waiting on payment on a few... if we don't receive payment, we'll send a reminder, then work off the waiting list.

We still the the standard coin avail, but it is moving fast!

Thanks for your support

Oh....I likey! Very sentimental to me too. I met my husband in Wichita. On one of our first dates we walked along the Arkansas River and ended up at The Keeper of The Plains statue. Special! :) Order sent.

NEAT!

:o

They just redid the Keeper:

The Keeper of the Plains proudly stands at the confluence of the Big and Little Arkansas rivers with hands raised high. Since the sculpture’s installation as part of the efforts to commemorate the Bicentennial, it has become a symbol for the City of Wichita and a tribute to the Native American tribes who continue to gather at this sacred heartland.

The Keeper also serves as the focal point of an eight-year, $20.6 million restoration and river beautification project completed in May 2007. The 44-foot Cor-Ten steel Keeper of the Plains sculpture now stands elevated on a 35-foot rock promontory surrounded by four quadrants representing the elements of water, fire, air and earth.

Pedestrians can directly access the area from two new, bow-and-arrow-inspired cable-stay bridges that span both the Little and Big Arkansas rivers. Fire drums located on boulders at the foot of the Keeper dramatically light the night. A mist rises up from a pause point that leads down to the water’s edge.

Plantings of sage, bottlebrush, medicinal herbs, prairie grasses, yuccas and cactus further create a sense of place and time. On May 18, 1974 renowned Native American artist Blackbear Bosin donated the Keeper of the Plains statue to the citizens of Wichita.

It was erected at the peninsula point of the two rivers and dedicated May 18, 1974. Senator Bob Dole was on hand for the dedication. The Keeper of the Plains was rededicated on May 18, 2007. The area is free and open to the public year-round

After many issues and delays, the coins due May 2nd. We plan to have all coins shipped no later than May 8th. I’ll get pictures posted in the very neat future. As previously stated please check the website for more information.

http://geo-x.org/Wichita2008/

We have a very small quantity of WGS 2007 Triple Header sets

From the web site:

Coins have shipped to us!!

The 1.5 inch Standard coin will be a minting of 175, The Limited edition (LE) coin will be limited to a minting of 50. A very special 25 coins will be the designer series (DS) and limited to only 25 coins.

When all 250 coins have been purchased, a custom icon with be purchased. All coins will be trackable on Geocaching.com.

Standard Coin $8.50, shipping $2, an additional $0.50 per coin. A small quantity of the limited edition coins are available based on a first come, first served basis, as most of the production was sold to members of the Wichita Geocaching Society.

1 Limited edition, 1 Designer Series and 1 standard coin $35. If we sell out of the Tripple header coin set, you will be contacted with a refund.

WGS 2007 Coin Set (1 LE, 1 DS & 1 Std) $35

Only *** ONE *** triple set left.. still some nickel coins left, order today!

All domestic orders have been sent. I will be in contact for orders outside of the US.

Not sure how to handle these, as the inital offer was for US sales only.

Well, I'm sorry to say that this is another coin that has failed to materialise - ordered and paid for on Jan 11th :D

The last thing I received on this was way back in June, when I was told that the reason my order hadn't been sent as it was an overseas shipment, but I could either pay the shipping or get a refund - I opted to pay the difference in shipping and wrote back.

Since then, nothing :)

Following my email on June 18th, I have emailed three times without reply and also tried via the GC profile page in case my mails were getting rejected.

I didn't post this in the new thread related to this kind of thing as the rules mention not posting if contact has already been made, but wondered if anyone else had not received their coins?

If you are reading this, 4America, can you please get in touch and let me know what's going on please!!