Download Files Corrupted

scobey

Maybe you could try and rename the zip file (just delete the .zip at the end) this worked for us. Somehow the packages were renamed as zip files during the download although they aren't zip files at all.

I have Builder operational now but still can't get Player to download other than as a Zip file using IE, Opera or Firefox.

Maybe you could try and rename the zip file (just delete the .zip at the end) this worked for us. Somehow the packages were renamed as zip files during the download although they aren't zip files at all.

I have Builder operational now but still can't get Player to download other than as a Zip file using IE, Opera or Firefox.

Rename the .zip extension to .msi and try installing it that way. It is most definitely not a zip file so it won't extract.

Sorry. I mistook the problem with the Builder. Rename the player to .CAB and install it directly on the device.

Sorry. I mistook the problem with the Builder. Rename the player to .CAB and install it directly on the device.

It's working now. I saw it mentioned once but it should be a big note that these files do not download correctly with Opera.

Thanks, and it looks like fun!!!!!!!!! We are trying to get enough demand for you to come to Alaska :D

It's working now. I saw it mentioned once but it should be a big note that these files do not download correctly with Opera.

Thanks, and it looks like fun!!!!!!!!! We are trying to get enough demand for you to come to Alaska :D

BTW: Using a IPAQ 2795 and a bluetooth GPS.

Edited by scobey

Thanks, and it looks like fun!!!!!!!!! We are trying to get enough demand for you to come to Alaska :grin:

BTW: Using a IPAQ 2795 and a bluetooth GPS.

Even if we can't physically make it there we can build one for you remotely. We have been successfully doing this for over a year now and will be bringing back some of the ones created during our testing. Thanks!

I saw it mentioned once but it should be a big note that these files do not download correctly with Opera.

A better idea would be to adjust the server to stop sending "Content-Type: application/zip" for files that are not zip-files. "application/octet-stream" should be fine for all binary files.

This is also not only a Opera "problem", Safari is doing the same and adding *.zip to the downloaded files.