One for the young ones.

Woodland Clan

Okay mousekakat got me thinking today about our little wee ones and the joy that they get from the coins and from caching. My little Buglet was thrilled with the coin that the Atwell Family sent to him. I guess everything has just been mingling in my head and I wondered has anyone ever done a coin specific to kids with geokids names on it kinda like UOTrackers Not Another Mailbox/Forums coin series.

I haven't seen any coin yet that captures the joy of caching with babies/toddlers. If anyone has seen one could you let me know.

Thanks.

Okay mousekakat got me thinking today about our little wee ones and the joy that they get from the coins and from caching. My little Buglet was thrilled with the coin that the Atwell Family sent to him. I guess everything has just been mingling in my head and I wondered has anyone ever done a coin specific to kids with geokids names on it kinda like UOTrackers Not Another Mailbox/Forums coin series.

I haven't seen any coin yet that captures the joy of caching with babies/toddlers. If anyone has seen one could you let me know.

Thanks.

I actually had an idea about that, to be honest!

I had thought that the kids who coin collect here could all submit a drawing of what geocaching or geocoin collecting was to them and we could choose a couple of them and have them be the front and back of the coin with a saying along the lines of "discovering the caching world through the eyes of a child" or something like that, but I never got around to it!

I think a kids' coin would be absolutely great, something for them to be proud of, and also for their parents to be proud of, as well!

I really think that a baby/toddler coin would rock, too! One maybe with a parent with their toddler on a backpack on one side, and then a little toddler looking into an ammo can at swag?

GREAT IDEA for a coin, WC!!

Naomi :rolleyes:

Thanks.

I'd be interested in being involved with this if it was a group thing. I was disappointed to not have the funds when the Geoscooters were being made to get mightyzinn some of those with his name. We're considering doing the Landsharkz guitar coin with his name but a geocoin kid coin would be much more appropriate :-)

I really think that a baby/toddler coin would rock, too! One maybe with a parent with their toddler on a backpack on one side, and then a little toddler looking into an ammo can at swag?

How about a coin with a parent impatiently begging their child to keep moving or moaning about how their back hurts from carrying the little one on their shoulders up that last really steep hill?

Oh wait, that's the 'geo-parent coin' thread ;-)

This is Buglet with his second solo find,(well we pointed and he pulled it out).

8c2f14d4-3f4b-4e63-9cd1-fdd5a6ac4f0.jpg

There are so many options on carting a little one. We have used the following a Bjorn, Kelty, Strollers-2 different sizes depending on the terrain and then there is of course taking turns passing him back and forth because we decide that we don't need to get anything extra out. :rolleyes:

Would 10 be too old to be included on this proposed coin? My son Ian AKA: MarbleBoy would be stunned to see his caching name on a coin even tho his full (unofficial) caching name is MarbleBoy the Reluctant Cacher... :)

CF30

If such a coin ended up being a group effort, my $.02 would be to include kids older than toddlers for sure :-)

One of the most passionate coin/icon collectors I know has got to be almost 10!

I had actually proposed this idea to a geocoin company before Christmas and I am waiting for them to get back to me. It would be a joint project between Mousekakat and myself and it would include geocaching kids names, like the what's in your mailbox coin. If they agree to it I will post the details here. :)

Thanks!

I had actually proposed this idea to a geocoin company before Christmas and I am waiting for them to get back to me. It would be a joint project between Mousekakat and myself and it would include geocaching kids names, like the what's in your mailbox coin. If they agree to it I will post the details here. :)

Thanks!

That would be awesome!

Hopefully our Buglet's name will make it on a coin since the idea has been taken.

I am sure if the project is a go there would be no problem having Buglet's name on it. It would work like the what's in your mailbox coin where people would get a chance to post their kid's names to have on it. :) Will let you know once I here back. Thanks!

Okay so the forums coin for the kids looks like its a go but I am still full of ideas. As I am not an artist I pasted something together. The idea is for a stroller coin to coin in 3 colors, blue, pink and green The icon would hopefully be the stroller friendly attribute. Here is a rough idea of the front. 2036_a.jpg

The back of the coin would hopefully have a diaper bag hanging from the stroller spilling over with diapers wipes, sunscreen, bug spray bottles and all the other stuff needed to cache with a young one. Oh and hopefully a teddy bear on the ground..

Not sure if I would make these trackable. Right now I want to see if this is even worth it. I love the idea, but will others.

Anyways would love some input.

Okay so the forums coin for the kids looks like its a go but I am still full of ideas. As I am not an artist I pasted something together. The idea is for a stroller coin to coin in 3 colors, blue, pink and green The icon would hopefully be the stroller friendly attribute. Here is a rough idea of the front.

The back of the coin would hopefully have a diaper bag hanging from the stroller spilling over with diapers wipes, sunscreen, bug spray bottles and all the other stuff needed to cache with a young one. Oh and hopefully a teddy bear on the ground..

Not sure if I would make these trackable. Right now I want to see if this is even worth it. I love the idea, but will others.

Cute concept! Would it be a shaped coin? I like yellow better than green, unless it's a rich, dark green, though! Don't forget the bottles of adult aspirin ;) and swag, too! The little ones love swag!

Naomi :(

Okay so the forums coin for the kids looks like its a go but I am still full of ideas. As I am not an artist I pasted something together. The idea is for a stroller coin to coin in 3 colors, blue, pink and green The icon would hopefully be the stroller friendly attribute. Here is a rough idea of the front.

Cute concept! Would it be a shaped coin? I like yellow better than green, unless it's a rich, dark green, though! Don't forget the bottles of adult aspirin :( and swag, too! The little ones love swag!

Naomi ;)

shaped yes!!!! :D

What about camo instead of green :D

Okay so the forums coin for the kids looks like its a go but I am still full of ideas. As I am not an artist I pasted something together. The idea is for a stroller coin to coin in 3 colors, blue, pink and green The icon would hopefully be the stroller friendly attribute. Here is a rough idea of the front. 2036_a.jpg

I think this is a great idea. I like the shaped coin and the different colors, not so much the camo. What about bright orange - kind of like hunters wear - instead of camo?

I think this is a great idea. I like the shaped coin and the different colors, not so much the camo. What about bright orange - kind of like hunters wear - instead of camo?

Well, that is a great design if you have toddlers or babes-in-arms but definatly NOT for a 10 yr old. I don't think me son would be happy with a stroller coin. I guess we'll have to wait for one for older caching kids.

CF30

Unfortunately, seems a little too young for mightyzinn too... I *wish* he used a stroller though ;-) Do like the design though!

project1testks8.th.jpg

How about something like this. It is supposed to be a toy box with a teddy bear, a ball, a GPS Unit (in this case it's a compass - I couldn't find GPS clip art) and a game controller. The names of the Geokids could go on the front and/or back like the "What's in Your Mailbox" coin. I also thought the toy box could be green, like an ammo can.

The back could also have a saying like, "Seeing the joy of the find through younger eyes." The geocaching logo could also go somewhere if people thought it was necessary.

I am NO artist, but thought a toy box was a pretty universal symbol for kids of all ages. If anyone who has some artistic talent wants to run with this idea, that would be cool. Obviously I used a lot of clip art, and I imagine that would be infringing on some rights of some sort, but it was just to get a sketch of sorts.

Let me know what you think. If it stinks, (either the idea, the sketch or both) let me know that, too. I won't be offended.

project1testks8.th.jpg

How about something like this. It is supposed to be a toy box with a teddy bear, a ball, a GPS Unit (in this case it's a compass - I couldn't find GPS clip art) and a game controller. The names of the Geokids could go on the front and/or back like the "What's in Your Mailbox" coin. I also thought the toy box could be green, like an ammo can.

The back could also have a saying like, "Seeing the joy of the find through younger eyes." The geocaching logo could also go somewhere if people thought it was necessary.

I am NO artist, but thought a toy box was a pretty universal symbol for kids of all ages. If anyone who has some artistic talent wants to run with this idea, that would be cool. Obviously I used a lot of clip art, and I imagine that would be infringing on some rights of some sort, but it was just to get a sketch of sorts.

Let me know what you think. If it stinks, (either the idea, the sketch or both) let me know that, too. I won't be offended.

How bout making the toybox an ammo can??

Naomi :)

I had an idea for some swag related coins last year. Shared it with a coin company but naught came of it. I know my kids would have fun with it. For my kids, to get them to get out the door to go caching, it really is all about the swag they might find. Might do a personal coin for them this year using that tag line.

These were my original ideas that were sent in an email to someone, but it sure is funny to read now all these months later with some of the things that have transpired. :)

This one probably came to full fruition from a cache we did yesterday. The one thing my kids always want to know is it a regular cache and how good is the swag. That often gets them agreeing to go – if we aren’t just doing micros. I was thinking about the swag we usually find and what they always like to take. Could be a fun series of coins - the swag we leave & find. For the kid in all of us and for when the coins are just not in the cache.

Shaped coins; bright colors; come up with some fun sayings for each coin. Maybe even done as micros.

Some swag we have snagged in the past:

Fast Food Toys - coin in the shape of a happy meal box (with of course enough changes not to be a copyright issue)

Super Balls

Hot Wheels Type Cars

Playdough

Crayons - mini packs

Mini Decks of Cards

Bracelets

Lizards / Snakes

Bubbles

Marbles

And since this really is a game of Tupperware and Happy Meal toys has there ever been a Tupperware coin? I thought about the kind we generally find is the flat one that probably holds a sandwich - so another shaped coin. One side is the obvious Tupperware container with geocaching.com written across the cover (like we've found hidden.) Choices of cammoed or non-cammoed versions. Flip side is kids caching in the woods with the line It's All About the Swag." And maybe the tiny little Tupperware hidden in the woods for those kids with a discerning eye to find.

And this was a subsequent email. Nothing ever happened though. Maybe not a coin for adults but I think kids would get a kick out of it.

Was just looking at some pics of ammo cans and perhaps instead of a series of swag coins - one coin. An ammo can, open, filled with said swag below. Or better, still do the series but the final coin in the series is the open ammo can filled with said swag.

This could still be a tongue in cheek idea since many do complain about the swag left behind. :) And it could say, "Geocaching. Where we use $12mio satellites to find Happy Meals toys in the woods."

:D:D:D

'Course now I should do a coin as to what happens to all that swag after they bring it home! :)

project1testks8.th.jpg

How bout making the toybox an ammo can??

Naomi :)

I actually have a cache called Toy Box 2 (the original Toy Box cache was stolen - go figure). It's one of those mondo ammo cans, where the lid comes off, and it has handles on both sides. I think that would look cool for a kids' coin. And kids of all ages love it!

cb2a8953-d956-4f5c-965f-a8f99bb8031f.jpg

We actually are going ahead with this as our personal coin. Happily CinemaBoxers has started working on the design.

We actually are going ahead with this as our personal coin. Happily CinemaBoxers has started working on the design.

I am so glad that you're going through with it! I loved the concept when I saw it and thought it was a great idea and it's going to make a great personal coin! Go for it, can't wait to see it!

*happy*

Naomi :P

Glad to hear that the design will be made. Really liked it but wasn't really a kid coin that fit my kid :-) Look forward to the coin coming out and hope some are available for sale!

Paula has assured us we will be seeing the design soon. Keep your fingers crossed. We have been waiting so patieintly and are eagerly awaiting to see the final results.