Help With Enigma GeoCoin Challenge

Joppalowe

I had an Enigma GeoCoin ( http://www.thecachingplace.com/shop/pc/vie...p;idproduct=254 ) given to me for Christmas. Has anyone completed an Enigma GeoCoin challenge? I downloaded the Enigma Simulator, keyed in all the info from the coin, and I get gibberish when I try and decode the message. Oh, and I was not aware that you only get 5 tries. So I'm at one try left.

Can anyone who has successfully completed the challenge give me a hand?

Thanks,

-J

I had an Enigma GeoCoin ( http://www.thecachingplace.com/shop/pc/vie...p;idproduct=254 ) given to me for Christmas. Has anyone completed an Enigma GeoCoin challenge? I downloaded the Enigma Simulator, keyed in all the info from the coin, and I get gibberish when I try and decode the message. Oh, and I was not aware that you only get 5 tries. So I'm at one try left.

Thanks,

-J

That sounds exactly where I am at as I also got one for Christmas. I didn't know you only get 5 tries though. I was thinking about it the other day and decided if the answer came out in German than I would never know if I had the right answer! LOL

Thanks,

-J

I suggest you read the paragraph "The Message Key" here . When I had read it and repeated it slowly to myself 25 times or so, I finally managed to understand what I had missed.

By the way the message is in English, so no need to worry about that, LadyBee4T :rolleyes:

Thanks,

-J

I suggest you read the paragraph "The Message Key" here . When I had read it and repeated it slowly to myself 25 times or so, I finally managed to understand what I had missed.

By the way the message is in English, so no need to worry about that, LadyBee4T ;)

You ONLY had to read that 25 times? ;):rolleyes::huh:

Thanks,

-J

By the way the message is in English, so no need to worry about that, LadyBee4T :P

You ONLY had to read that 25 times? ;):rolleyes::huh:

Yep, and then some random clicking for a few hours. ;)

First Off - WOW are you all the lucky guys!!!!!

What I would have done to get that coin as a xmas pressy ???

That is the Ultimate coin and if they are still available next month (Doesn't the wonderfull month of december leave any working person a little....short) this is a must buy.

I Just have to have it! - So if you need a favour or 2 maybe 3 doing across here - then send me an offer......??

The competition is one thing but this coin is one of the most creative GeoCoins I have certainly seen.

To all of you - GOOD LUCK - I have read that link 2 or 3 times and it still looks like a nanocache clue to me.

RGZ

Thanks,

-J

We spent about 2 hours on it when we got the coin and that was the part we were missing as well. I'm sure that's where a lot of people get stuck. Just remember, everything you need to know is on the coin!!

First Off - WOW are you all the lucky guys!!!!!

What I would have done to get that coin as a xmas pressy ???

That is the Ultimate coin and if they are still available next month (Doesn't the wonderfull month of december leave any working person a little....short) this is a must buy.

I Just have to have it! - So if you need a favour or 2 maybe 3 doing across here - then send me an offer......??

The competition is one thing but this coin is one of the most creative GeoCoins I have certainly seen.

To all of you - GOOD LUCK - I have read that link 2 or 3 times and it still looks like a nanocache clue to me.

RGZ

It is an awesome coin! I didn't actually get one, but got one for my boyfriend for Christmas! I have my fingers crossed that I will win one of the LEs. I think they are sold out right now.

I bought an Enigma coin for Mr. SEWdaugh as a Christmas present since he loves puzzles. He loved the coin and the puzzle and REALLY loves his LE edition:

49e6de77-b356-4759-88a1-6ff4c54dce57.jpg

Congrats again to Mr. SEWdaugh - since he was the 1st to solve the puzzle, we went ahead and sent him his prize :) - the remaining 7 LE coins will be given away in a drawing from all correct entries on Jan 31st - we moved the drawing to the 31st instead of the original 26th date, this will give those who have just ordered a coin time to receive it and hopefully "Crack the Code" - Good luck :)

I bought an Enigma coin for Mr. SEWdaugh as a Christmas present since he loves puzzles. He loved the coin and the puzzle and REALLY loves his LE edition:

Congrats again to Mr. SEWdaugh - since he was the 1st to solve the puzzle, we went ahead and sent him his prize :) - the remaining 7 LE coins will be given away in a drawing from all correct entries on Jan 31st - we moved the drawing to the 31st instead of the original 26th date, this will give those who have just ordered a coin time to receive it and hopefully "Crack the Code" - Good luck :)

Who cares about them! I want to win my prize with less competition! :)

Yes, I am kidding!

Thanks for the info. We were wondering who was the first to crack it! I know on the page counter, we were like 90 something. (crosses fingers for the drawing!)

Joni, We love your cache and I solved it--I am horrible at puzzles unlike Mr. SEWdaugh.

Now, they're saying on the news that people are leaving Michigan in droves and many are moving to Texas. If I didn't have a HUGE problem with scorpions we'd move there and get this cache!

I really must get more of these coins...they're so much fun.

Joni, We love your cache and I solved it--I am horrible at puzzles unlike Mr. SEWdaugh.

Now, they're saying on the news that people are leaving Michigan in droves and many are moving to Texas. If I didn't have a HUGE problem with scorpions we'd move there and get this cache!

I really must get more of these coins...they're so much fun.

I'm so glad you liked it! I figured anybody who solved the coin puzzle would get my puzzle easily.

I haven't seen a single scorpion since I've lived in Dallas. I used to see them all the time in Del Rio, but my boyfriend says he has seen them.

Thanks for the info. We were wondering who was the first to crack it! I know on the page counter, we were like 90 something. (crosses fingers for the drawing!)

Hummm....not sure if this will make you feel better....or worse :) You guys were the 2nd ones to solve the code....about 6 hours after SEWdaugh - That's all were saying at this point, we will however tell you that so far there are only 39 correct entries so the odds right now are pretty good!!

Have Fun!

Hummm....not sure if this will make you feel better....or worse :) You guys were the 2nd ones to solve the code....about 6 hours after SEWdaugh - That's all were saying at this point, we will however tell you that so far there are only 39 correct entries so the odds right now are pretty good!!

Have Fun!

Yippee! I know I'm in that 39!

Edited by MustangJoni

I had an Enigma GeoCoin ( [url=http://www.thecachingplace.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?

-J

We spent about 2 hours on it when we got the coin and that was the part we were missing as well. I'm sure that's where a lot of people get stuck. Just remember, everything you need to know is on the coin!!

Congratulations to you solving this you two :) I AM lost :) when it comes to puzzles And this is why I haven't found any of your caches :)

Who cares about them! I want to win my prize with less competition! B)

Yes, I am kidding!

Uh-huh.... B)

Naomi :) LOLOL!

Congrats again to Mr. SEWdaugh - since he was the 1st to solve the puzzle, we went ahead and sent him his prize B) - the remaining 7 LE coins will be given away in a drawing from all correct entries on Jan 31st - we moved the drawing to the 31st instead of the original 26th date, this will give those who have just ordered a coin time to receive it and hopefully "Crack the Code" - Good luck B)

Who cares about them! I want to win my prize with less competition! B)

Yes, I am kidding!

Uh-huh.... :)

Naomi :) LOLOL!

Okay, I'm kinda kidding! :)

Congrats again to Mr. SEWdaugh - since he was the 1st to solve the puzzle, we went ahead and sent him his prize :D - the remaining 7 LE coins will be given away in a drawing from all correct entries on Jan 31st - we moved the drawing to the 31st instead of the original 26th date, this will give those who have just ordered a coin time to receive it and hopefully "Crack the Code" - Good luck :(

Hummm....not sure if this will make you feel better....or worse :D You guys were the 2nd ones to solve the code....about 6 hours after SEWdaugh - That's all were saying at this point, we will however tell you that so far there are only 39 correct entries so the odds right now are pretty good!!

Have Fun!

Yea, that doesn't make us feel any better, lol ;) We figured we were in the first hundred, heh, which I guess is still true! Oh well, as always, we enjoy the games and challenges you host over there!

(hey Joni, shall we complain about this thread and get it locked so no one else gets any hints??!) J/K!!

kinda

Finally I get it :anicute:

Great coin, cool contest. Thanks!!

Make that 40 correct entries

WTG!! Now go see if you can get MustangJoni's puzzle figured out! Sad to say, it's stumping us...for now.

I had my first finder today! He put it on his favorite list!

Maybe if we go off topic we can get it locked!

...how about dem Cowboys.... :blink:;)

Edited by MustangJoni

I'm so glad you liked it! I figured anybody who solved the coin puzzle would get my puzzle easily.

I haven't seen a single scorpion since I've lived in Dallas. I used to see them all the time in Del Rio, but my boyfriend says he has seen them.

Hah! I was sitting on the throne nearest the garage at home and one walked under the door....

I managed to CATCH it, but I accidentally suffocated it. :D

Later I called Truly Nolen.....

Woohoo!! I got it! :)

After reading this thread I decided to have a look at my own coin and see if I could figure out the code.

Many thanks to lelle1987 for putting me on the right track as I was stuck for a while like others were.

Took me a couple of hours but I got it in the end, and I used my PDA, rather than my PC! go figure.

Would be great to win one of those LE coins! :)

Finally I get it :D

Great coin, cool contest. Thanks!!

Make that 40 correct entries

WTG!! Now go see if you can get MustangJoni's puzzle figured out! Sad to say, it's stumping us...for now.

I had my first finder today! He put it on his favorite list!

Maybe if we go off topic we can get it locked!

...how about dem Cowboys.... :D:)

Solved your caches puzzle quickly. Now if I could only go to Texas and find it!!

FINALLY! Micke got it after about an hour's work! At first I thought he was going to give up totally, then the light came on!

Lelle!! Tack så himla mycket! Kunde inte har gjort den har utan dig och ledtråden som du gav!!

Man, talk about not being able to see the forest through the trees!

Naomi... grateful to her hubby for his puzzle loving eccentricities :laughing:

I managed to get an Enigma coin in the second minting and finally got a chance to start working on the challenge today. Talk about a feeling of accomplishment when I figured out the message tonight! :) Wow!! What a fun challenge and an awesome geocoin! Now I'm hoping to win one of the LE editions. Glad they decided to extend the deadline until the 31st. :)

I sent her an email too Naomi. Gotta help out a fellow aussie! :lol:

yes thanks both of you - so of course I got the coins today edit oh ha i think the alphabet might work now the plugs were all 'loose ' virtually speaking

yes!!! replugged and it works! gee that was cool to see it coming off on my virtual tickertape :rolleyes:

Edited by forthferalz

Congrats again to Mr. SEWdaugh - since he was the 1st to solve the puzzle, we went ahead and sent him his prize :lol: - the remaining 7 LE coins will be given away in a drawing from all correct entries on Jan 31st - we moved the drawing to the 31st instead of the original 26th date, this will give those who have just ordered a coin time to receive it and hopefully "Crack the Code" - Good luck :)

I'd send them email or something... the original date was the 26th, but they moved it up and I bet they forgot to update that website!!

Congrats on "cracking" it :rolleyes:

Naomi