What software to get for Vista HCx?

So my new Vista HCx should be here today, but I have yet to get any software, which means I can see where Im at, but not in relation to much...

I know I want the city navigator and would also like the topo...but, I have read that once you use the software with one serial number you cant use it again, and have read of older versions that dont do that...

Obviously the City Navigator would be up to date, but are the Topo maps that important? I have seen the Topo 2008 for around $70...

Or better yet, if you were in my shoes, what would you get?

I plan on a 2gb card, so space should be ok...

Thanks in advance for all advice!

I would get the City Navigator maps. You might get a better deal on a package that includes the maps along with the beanbag auto-mount and cigarette-lighter adapter.

Then, check eBay for the older Topo maps. They don't have an Unlock Code, so you can buy those second hand.

Then, if you haven't gotten your Premium Membership yet, sign up for that so you can get Pocket Queries. Then, to handle all that data, the software you might find most useful is GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife). If you have a PDA, you might want to look into getting Cachemate so you can cache "paperless."