Funny Signs

Hobo2

This is not my picture, but I have a picture of this same sign at home. It ended up being the joke of the day. I probably quoted it 30 times, LOL.

1f561f4e-b8b6-4db5-81e9-ed4081478347.jpg

I have a picture of two kids who were with me at the time when we found this - after climbing all over the dam!

Where is this, by the way? I can't remember, but would like to go back there sometime.

I still haven't figured out what the flashing green lights I saw in Vancouver is supposed to mean.

It's a pedestrian activated crossing. The flashing indicates it hasn't been activated yet (the light turns solid when a pedestrian presses the button.)

that's weird lol...in Ontario is called "advanced green light" used for left turns

Edited by t4e

This is not my picture, but I have a picture of this same sign at home. It ended up being the joke of the day. I probably quoted it 30 times, LOL.

I have a picture of two kids who were with me at the time when we found this - after climbing all over the dam!

Where is this, by the way? I can't remember, but would like to go back there sometime.

Austin Dam Memorial Park

Austin, PA

Austin Dam Memorial Park

Austin, PA

Thanks!

my personal favorite, because it's somewhat subtle: probably the shortest high-speed stretch of road ever:

0ac71e58-0b09-4029-976c-14e437979b53.jpg

(you're allowed to go 100 km/h between those two "50" km/h signs)

I think it means you can drive faster if you are on the wrong side of the road.

Or, if you're on the left side of the road you can drive 49 km/h or 51 km/h but not 50 km/h. It must be a Canadian thing. I still haven't figured out what the flashing green lights I saw in Vancouver is supposed to mean.

Flashing green = pedestrian controlled light for crosswalk. It goes to solid green when the button is pressed, then yellow and red.

Signs in mainland Europe have a line through them when you're leaving a speed limit or town...that took me back a few years!

edit - note to self...look at date of post you are replying to..... :rolleyes:

Edited by popokiiti

This is not a funny sign, but it is an interesting sign that I had not seen before. Picture was taken this past summer while in Glacier National Park in British Columbia, Canada.

7a63074b-1e22-4809-913c-8c0741596963.jpg

See they use small calibre stuff as well x2... maybe that was for small slides... I hope that was actually something else and just looks like bullet holes! Maybe the sign was recycled from outside the park.. or IS outside the park.

Doug 7rxc

This is not a funny sign, but it is an interesting sign that I had not seen before. Picture was taken this past summer while in Glacier National Park in British Columbia, Canada.

7a63074b-1e22-4809-913c-8c0741596963.jpg

See they use small calibre stuff as well x2... maybe that was for small slides... I hope that was actually something else and just looks like bullet holes! Maybe the sign was recycled from outside the park.. or IS outside the park.

Doug 7rxc

In case you are interested, the exact location of this sign is the Balu Pass parking area, right off the Trans-Canada highway, not far from Rogers Pass.

Flashing green = pedestrian controlled light for crosswalk. It goes to solid green when the button is pressed, then yellow and red.

Signs in mainland Europe have a line through them when you're leaving a speed limit or town...that took me back a few years!

I will still never forget the first time I came to a stop light in Manitoba, and both the Green and the Red lights came on, at the same time. All the Ontario drivers on the Trans Canada Highway just sat there, me included, waiting for someone to figure out what we were supposed to do. Later figured out it was their version of a left turn advance signal.

... and yes a lot of us Ontario drivers make the mistake of thinking that flashing green light in downtown Vancouver is a left turn advance ....

I will still never forget the first time I came to a stop light in Manitoba, and both the Green and the Red lights came on, at the same time. All the Ontario drivers on the Trans Canada Highway just sat there, me included, waiting for someone to figure out what we were supposed to do. Later figured out it was their version of a left turn advance signal.

... and yes a lot of us Ontario drivers make the mistake of thinking that flashing green light in downtown Vancouver is a left turn advance ....

i will never understand why the same country can't have the same signals lol

what about the right turn on red? if i'm not mistaken Ontario is the only one where is allowed

i will never understand why the same country can't have the same signals lol

what about the right turn on red? if i'm not mistaken Ontario is the only one where is allowed

You can make a right on red in everywhere in Canada, but Quebec only allows it in certain places which makes it confusing. I live in Nova Scotia and we can make a left turn on red in some places(one way road onto another one way road)

-- Found this picture on another forum, sorry can't give credit. BTW, this would be a great sign in any city.

p_bridge.jpg

-- Took this snap while geocaching near Kenora, Ontario. Wonder if Kramer drove around here.

p_duffus.jpg

-- This sign was in our neighbourhood for a year or so. I suppose one could consider it creative English but...

p_alarmed.jpg

Wow, I wonder what happened to alarm that poor property! It must've been quite startled :laughing:

I saw a sign in Wales once that designated a crossing area for the blind. From the bus, it looked like all it was was a sign on a pole, like no braille or anything. If you can't see at all... how do you know that's your special crossing? Spidey senses? :unsure:

In my town we have this big G that's painted on a cliff face (instead of white rocks on a hill). One year during a peak tourist event, someone climbed up to the G and changed it to say "Go Away" :laughing: Everything but the G was removed very quickly :rolleyes:

In Paris, we were at a metro station and there were like 5 of these in a row in a long hallway. These really confused me :huh:

To contribute:

friedhofselbach.jpg

This one is near a cache in my area. It's a bus stop called "Graveyard Selbach". The sign below says "exit only". Quite macabre :laughing:

Also, this one which is not photoshopped, but physically altered (and hasn't been changed for like a year now):

3ec9fc20-0672-441e-a99f-ccc34a683ec9.jpg

"leash sheeps" :anitongue:

We spotted this while looking for some urban geocaches last summer. The weirdo language is Norwegian, and the sign bluntly states "CLOSED because of nice weather". It was a hole-in-the-wall convenience store. Some folk have their priorities in just the right order :D

closed_nice_weather.jpg

Aside from the obvious humor in the "penalties" at the bottom, I'm not sure what this sign in trying to say.

This lot is reserved if you are on the premises, but is not reserved if you are not on the premises?

It's illegal to NOT park here?

It's illegal to NOT park one of the listed vehicles, but the other vehicles are optional?

I'm so confused!!! :laughing:

bf508e8b-2249-4b90-9376-8d3165d006b9.jpg?rnd=0.07561588

I wish I had a picture of this one, but I saw it in front of a Police station in Pittsburgh.

"No Parking Police cars only"

I don't get it. Police cars park in front of police stations?

Like I said i wish I had a picture, the sign made it look like you couldn't park police cars there.