Hobbies?

meralgia

That is, ant Lions, Tiger swallowtails, and wooly Bear caterpillars... (My son and I collect insects, butterflies, and caterpillars while caching.)

Do you combine any hobbies while you're out in the field - perhaps fishing, metal detecting, making gravestone rubbings, etc??

Do you combine any hobbies while you're out in the field - perhaps fishing, metal detecting, making gravestone rubbings, etc??

I'm just getting started in geocaching, so no, not yet.

But, my hope/plan is to combine geocaching with some of my current outdoors activities; rock climbing, fly fishing, and cycling (both road and trail). The cache that my family found yesterday was just a few hundred feet from a river that I fish periodically, and even though I thought I knew the river pretty well, it took the geocaching outing to show me a trail leading down to it that I didn't even know existed.

I'm also already coming up with catchy names for a few caches that I plan to place on or near some of my favorite local climbs.

- Mark

my hope/plan is to combine geocaching with some of my current outdoors activities; rock climbing, fly fishing, and cycling (both road and trail).
Awewome!!! There was a nice mountain biking blurb on TV last night. I was hoping the guy biking the trail would pull out a GPS, but no luck!!

My hobbies are IndyCar races, Los Lonely Boys concerts, and Autograph collecting.

I cache while on trips to do these other activities but other than 2 caches that were at race tracks can't really combine them.

I do leave my login autograph in the logbook.

While speaking of hobbies, anybody else an IndyCar fan? Would love to hear from you.

Or Los Lonely Boys fan? Got a concert in Milwaukee coming up soon-road trip.

While speaking of hobbies, anybody else an IndyCar fan? Would love to hear from you.

I'm quickly becoming an Indy fan. I used to be primarily intersted in watching and participating in various forms of drag racing (only at the track, none of that illegal street racing junk). When I was a kid my father took me and my brother to the Indy 500, so it was always in the back of my mind. Then a couple years ago I got some free tickets to check out the Indy 400 up at Michigan International. Then this past year I went up to a race at Mid-Ohio since it's close to home and I had never been there before. A short time after that first race there I got free tickets to the Indy race there. Seeing racing on a road course really got me interested. Now I've got season tickets to Mid-Ohio this year. :)