Ammo cans again

Berta Nick Zoey

Will you be coming to the CITO event on this coming Saturday? If so, I'd like 10 if not rusty and still has the seal. I realize you can't guarantee this necessarily. But, it's worth the shot :(

The auction for the ammo cans hasnt ended yet. So I dont know whether we are successful bidders or not. Also, I wouldnt have the time to retreive the cans before this weekend. As far as the condition. The last purchase I made, the cans were in almost new condition. Those who bought them last August were telling me that they were in excellant shape.

My wife and I also go camping in Eastern Washington so if theres anyone on the sunny side of the state interested, Let me know. We also plan on doing the Yakima Cache Machine in March.

Ok all, the auctions got too high for me. This is the third auction that Ive bid on in the past couple of months that the price got out of hand. The auction for 691 was at $1540 and I bowed out. The sales tax and 10% fee to the auction site brought it to over 1800 dollars. The next bid incriment was $70 more so after renting the trailer and gas, it would not be worth my time to go through with it. The auction for the 1193 was up to $2750 with addtional fees of over 500 bringing it to over 3200 dollars. once again the profit in it for me would not make it worth the time it takes to do this. If this trend continues on these cans, $3 a piece will not get us any cans.

Im curious as to whether the cans are worth more to the people who want them. If people are only buying 10 or less, then paying $4 a can isnt that big of a deal and thats still alot cheaper than they can be gotten anywhere else. Ive read other threads about people looking for cans and going to surplus stores and finding rusty can, etc. So, for those of you who have shown an interest in cans. Let me know how you feel about paying $4 a can. If I see that that majority of you arent willing to go that high, then I'll only bid so high on future auctions.

Im sorry we werent successful this time or the time before, but we'll keep trying.

After I got home from work and had time I did some number crunching and came up with the following:

1-10 cans $4

11-25 cans $3.50

26 and up $3.25.

That way the people who want huge amounts wouldnt get hit as hard on a larger purchase.

P.S. all the time Im bidding, Im thinking " Yikes, spending 3200 on something that my take me forever to recoup my investment sure is nuts" But hey, we only live once.

Edited by Berta, Nick and Zoey

Something to keep in mind when considering what to plan on selling the ammo cans for next time an opportunity like this comes up... I don't know what the going price is on the coast but we can get them for $4 retail in Spokane. So Peggy and I would go that high if we could hook up somewhere to pick them up, but $4 plus shipping would be cost-prohibitive for us.