Garmin Colorado On YouTube

Based on all of the Triton horror stories here, I'm thinking on waiting for the 400t. The price is quite a shocker though - it's more than double the comparable Triton 500. My question though is regarding the built-in Topo maps. Has anyone heard what scale these maps will be and how they compare to the NG Topo maps? Has Garmin announced if other more granular topo maps will be made available for the Colorado?

It doesn't support 24k maps.

I am looking for a new GPS, and I'm going with the Delorme PN-20 now.

I waited for this to come out fulling expecting it to support 24k maps since all of its major competition is now. To me its just a breaking point, especially at a $500ish price range.

I know garmin has 24k maps for national parks...considering its policies towards caching, thats really a great help to geocachers.

Edited by Elminster7781

No, it's not. But if you don't have any Custom POIs, then on the top of the Where to? screen, you'll see options as far down as to All POIs (that are in the map database). You can then scroll the page further down, to reach food, lodging, transport and all the other categories.

I don't think there's any doubt about that the Colorado will support maps originating from data intended for 1:24000 scale printed maps. I assume what you are referring to above is whether they are included as pre-loaded maps or not?

Edited by apersson850