Seeking sponsors for SPRING FLING '08

Shop99er

41ffec9a-dde9-4e68-ab01-baebd95c89af.jpg

The 4th annual Spring Fling will be May 10, 2008 in Port Orchard, Washington and we need help. We are seeking private people and businesses to become sponsors of this wild and wacky event and we hope we can count on fellow cachers for help.

Why do we need your sponsorship? Because we can't do anything small or simple and Spring Fling is puts a major dent in our checkbook. The sponsor items we get are raffled off during the event day and help to defray the cost of the event and ensure that we have a 5th annual Spring Fling.

Oh come on...events are THAT expensive to put on! Why is yours so costly? Well, back to that 'go big or go home' attitude. We don't just sit around and chat. We have games and food and badges and scavenger hunts and silly hats! Those silly hats don't come cheap you know!

Actually we do have a lot of overhead with Spring Fling. We rent out the Eagles Hall instead of having the event in a park because this is Western Washington. We have a good chance of rain in the spring and we need to get people inside out of the weather if necessary.

In addition to renting the hall we also rent the group camp at Manchester State Park for out of town, out of state and out of country visitors.

Then there's all the supplies we need to make the Kids GPS Game, Adult GPS Game, Frog Flinging game, Chicken Chuckin game and the Shark Hunt…. That being our Shark Master up above…. The list of supplies is nearly endless!

And if that doesn't about rub the numbers flat on the credit card there's also the 10 or 15 pounds of BBQ brisket we buy for everyone, the chocolate for the chocolate fountain and those snazzy laminated badges you all get when you sign up.

So what do you get for your sponsorship? Our heartfelt thanks! If that isn’t enough we put your logo, photo or avatar on the Spring Fling web site’s front page, your name and/or logo on a Spring Fling schedule of events sheet that is handed out to everyone who attends and a little special surprise as our way of thanking you.

If you’re interested in helping out please contact us.

Thanks in advance!

Shop99er & the crew

They do put on the BEST events! There's always something to do, for the kids and the adults. I'd encourage anyone making a trip to the NW, to time it so they can attend the Spring Fling!

And we do have people making the effort to travel to the upper left hand corner on the map! We've been emailing with Alie and Gerrit Jan who are cachers from The Netherlands and it is looking like they will be making a trip over for Spring Fling!

I have to tell you, near or far, if you make the effort to come to one of our events we will go the extra mile to make sure you have a good time!

Sooner than later please.

This year we aren't going to list the sponsors and their donated items on the web site until I have them in hand. Last Spring Fling a few people promised items, I posted that they were sponsors, and they didn't come through for me.

Thanks for asking!

And we do have people making the effort to travel to the upper left hand corner on the map!

Actually, you are half way up the map on the left side :anicute: . Those that follow your directions are likely to end up in Alaska :laughing:

We look forward to coming down from the bottom left of our BIGGER map to joing you :o

Well thank you everyone for such quick respons!

As soon as we have your donation in our grubby little hands we will let you know that it all arrived and will ask you what image you'd like used on your official sponsorship block on our web site....no, the web site isn't completely ready for public viewing yet but it will be soon.... We will show what you have donated and put an image representing you (avatar, something we made up, photo of you, what ever you like) and we will link to your web site from there if you'd like.

Thanks again you guys!

And we do have people making the effort to travel to the upper left hand corner on the map!

Actually, you are half way up the map on the left side :( . Those that follow your directions are likely to end up in Alaska :D

We look forward to coming down from the bottom left of our BIGGER map to joing you ;)

It was Very much a pleasure to meet you last year :D

Just want to clairify something...

"Sponsoring" IS "Donating"

You can donate or sponsor or what ever you want to call it. Bottom line is, if you send us something to raffle off we call you a sponsor and treat you accordingly.

Thank you again for everyone who has contacted me about helping out.

Actually, you are half way up the map on the left side :( . Those that follow your directions are likely to end up in Alaska :D

We look forward to coming down from the bottom left of our BIGGER map to joing you ;)

It was Very much a pleasure to meet you last year :D

Yes it was! We look forward to seeing you guys again!!

They do put on the BEST events! There's always something to do, for the kids and the adults. I'd encourage anyone making a trip to the NW, to time it so they can attend the Spring Fling!

And we do have people making the effort to travel to the upper left hand corner on the map! We've been emailing with Alie and Gerrit Jan who are cachers from The Netherlands and it is looking like they will be making a trip over for Spring Fling!

Yes, it seems we are going to Spring Fling event. Today we got our tickets for Amsterdam to Seattle.

Not only for Alie and me, but our kids are joining us.

According to our navigation system we are travelling more than 20.000 km (Amsterdam-Seattle-Amsterdam). Just to get the Spring Flint event geocoin. Since, we collect geocoins with flowers I truly hope it will be a coin with flowers :unsure: .

Hope to see you all on May 10th.

GeoTeeth

Edited by GeoTeeth

Yes, it seems we are going to Spring Fling event. Today we got our tickets for Amsterdam to Seattle.

Not only for Alie and me, but our kids are joining us.

According to our navigation system we are travelling more than 20.000 km (Amsterdam-Seattle-Amsterdam). Just to get the Spring Flint event geocoin. Since, we collect geocoins with flowers I truly hope it will be a coin with flowers :unsure: .

Hope to see you all on May 10th.

GeoTeeth

Of course there will be a flower design coin! In anticipation of your arrival we've got a little something special for you.

It has been pointed out to us that some donation threads have been shut down because there was some thought that the OP's were looking for donations of money for their various projects.

I wanted to post here, where everyone can read it, that we are only talking about donations of geocoins and the like. NOT dollars, pounds, francs, euros, yen, won, rupees, or any other currency presently in use anywhere on this planet.

Any offers of cash donations will be politely but firmly declined.

And, in the words of Bartles and James, "Thanks for your support".

Thank you for posting that Shop99er -

Note to all: Solicitations for COIN donations are currently allowed in these forums, but general "looking for sponsors" (money, prizes, etc.) are not.

Anybody wishing to look for donations/gifts/money, etc. will need to contact Groundspeak first for approval, and post that they have approval in their opening post.

I now return you to your previous topic.