Greater Toronto GeoBASH 2008 Event Geocoin

res2100

New and improved original post added by moderator at OP's request:

torontogeobash-artwork800.jpg

A special event geocoin has been created. This coin will be customizable. Wouldn't it be neat to have a coin with your name already personalized on it?!

Coin is being produced by Landsharkz, who is also a major sponsor of our event.

This high quality event geocoin is trackable on geocaching.com and comes with it's own icon. Text and tracking # will be on the coin edge so as not to intrude on the coin images.

This coin will also be individually numbered and contains glow in the dark features.

And the most unique thing about this coin is that you will be able to include your own name or message on the coin in the area on the banner marked with "<Your Name Here>". Just let us know what you want on it when you place your order. Maximum 16 characters for customization.

The reverse side of the coin with the CN Tower image is also very unique, as that will be an actual HDR photo on the coin, covered with Epoxy coating.

This Geocoin is available in the following versions:

>>Attendee ($10) - Satin Silver (Black text fill on photo side) - Must have a will attend posted in order to buy.

>>Sponsor ($10) - Shiny Gold (Green text fill) - Only people who donated something for the prize table\event.

>>Regular ($10) - Copper (Blue text fill) - Anyone can buy.

>>LE ($12) - Satin Gold (Red text fill) - Anyone can buy.

(Coin finishes and text fill colour may vary once we get the samples, but we will make sure we choose the best choices).

...100% of the funds raised from the sale of this coin will go directly back into the event to help offset some of the costs.

**You will need to pre-order and pay for these geocoins during the next few weeks in order to get your custom name\message on them. We may have a few extra coins available at the event, but can not guarantee it and they would not contain any custom name then.

To order your geocoins, please email me at res2100@torontogeocaching.com with the quantity of each version you want, along with the customization that you want on each coin.

Thank you for helping to make the Greater Toronto GeoBASH 2008 a huge success and enjoy your coins!

The original first post read as follows:

On the weekend of May 3rd we will be hosting the Greater Toronto GeoBASH 2008 (GC17XTC), which will be the largest event to date in Ontario, Canada. We have lots of exciting, new and unique things planned.

If anyone has any geocoins or other items they would like to donate for the prize table for the event or would like to sponsor the event (we have some things in mind), please let me know. In return we'll of course mention you on the cache page as well as post any logo\link on our official event page and also thank those who donated at the event.

In addition, we'll also be making a customizable event specific geocoin which will include a special version that will only be available to those who donate. There will also be another version available to those who attend. The proceeds from the coin will of course go to help fund the event and everything we have planned.

If you would like to help out, please let me know. We also invite everyone to attend too as I am sure there will be lots of coins to purchase, trade and discover during the event.

e6e6ec96-8ae1-4799-9ff8-322d077fd45c.jpg

Edited by Eartha

torontogeobash-artwork800.jpg

A special event geocoin has been created. This coin will be customizable. Wouldn't it be neat to have a coin with your name already personalized on it?!

Coin is being produced by Landsharkz, who is also a major sponsor of our event.

This high quality event geocoin is trackable on geocaching.com and comes with it's own icon. Text and tracking # will be on the coin edge so as not to intrude on the coin images.

This coin will also be individually numbered and contains glow in the dark features.

And the most unique thing about this coin is that you will be able to include your own name or message on the coin in the area on the banner marked with "<Your Name Here>". Just let us know what you want on it when you place your order. Maximum 16 characters for customization.

The reverse side of the coin with the CN Tower image is also very unique, as that will be an actual HDR photo on the coin, covered with Epoxy coating.

This Geocoin is available in the following versions:

>>Attendee ($10) - Satin Silver (Black text fill on photo side) - Must have a will attend posted in order to buy.

>>Sponsor ($10) - Shiny Gold (Green text fill) - Only people who donated something for the prize table\event.

(Coin finishes and text fill colour may vary once we get the samples, but we will make sure we choose the best choices).

...100% of the funds raised from the sale of this coin will go directly back into the event to help offset some of the costs.

**You will need to pre-order and pay for these geocoins during the next few weeks in order to get your custom name\message on them. We may have a few extra coins available at the event, but can not guarantee it and they would not contain any custom name then.

To order your geocoins, please email me at res2100@torontogeocaching.com with the quantity of each version you want, along with the customization that you want on each coin.

Thank you for helping to make the Greater Toronto GeoBASH 2008 a huge success and enjoy your coins!

Edited by res2100

Hey Ralph :D

I would have sent you something anyway, but I have a question. You are making the sponsors buy a thank you coin? Just a very odd gesture, since they've already donated once.

TMA

No, we are not making any thank you coins...we definitely can't afford to do this, as we are already over committed with our funds. We are making a special version of our event coin that only someone who sponsors or has donated something to our event can purchase. I hope that makes sense.

Is there a minimum order number?

You can order as many coins as you like, even if it's just 1 coin...Any amount will help us out.

Our goal is to make this a fun event for everyone, filled with activities, geocaches, prizes, and several custom items that we are giving to attendees as part of their registration packages.

I would like to make a donation to the cause...surprised to see the admission fees, can you detail what that covers??

Thanks for your donation...email sent.

Also, I am curious as to why you are surprised that there is an event admission fee? Every big event like ours that I have been to over my 5 1/2 years of geocaching has charged an admission fee which in turn is used to cover the costs of the event with things like shelter\picnic area rental, supplies, registration gifts, prizes, etc. In our case the majority of the $5 fee will mainly go towards the registration gifts which include a custom made bag and\or a custom made lanyard, possibly a geocache container (I plan on doing this, just haven't gotten around to finding a source yet) and the following free geocoin (We were thinking of making this a surprise) for everyone which features our event mascot, Chester the Chipmunk:

2301047610_32a170b666_o.jpg

Unlike other events, with our Greater Toronto GeoBASH 2008 you actually get more than your $5 worth in your registration package alone. Additionally, 100% of the proceeds from the sale of the Greater Toronto GeoBASH 2008 coin (See post #15) will help to offset our costs too, which we are hoping will sell really well as we really need the extra funds...if in the end I have to pay a few hundred $ to cover the rest of our expenses out of my pocket, then that is fine too. We want everyone that attends to have fun and go away with a really memorable experience.

As for actual park admission, I can't control that (You could walk in for free along the Bruce Trail from the south) and the $5 optional camping is at cost.

Also, do we need passports to get over there??

I am not sure what the rules for Americans are for entering Canada, but try this link:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

Hope to see you and everyone at the event.

I would like to make a donation to the cause...surprised to see the admission fees, can you detail what that covers??

Thanks for your donation...email sent.

Also, I am curious as to why you are surprised that there is an event admission fee? Every big event like ours that I have been to over my 5 1/2 years of geocaching has charged an admission fee which in turn is used to cover the costs of the event with things like shelter\picnic area rental, supplies, registration gifts, prizes, etc. In our case the majority of the $5 fee will mainly go towards the registration gifts which include a custom made bag and\or a custom made lanyard, possibly a geocache container (I plan on doing this, just haven't gotten around to finding a source yet) and the following free geocoin (We were thinking of making this a surprise) for everyone which features our event mascot, Chester the Chipmunk:

2301047610_32a170b666_o.jpg

Unlike other events, with our Greater Toronto GeoBASH 2008 you actually get more than your $5 worth in your registration package alone. Additionally, 100% of the proceeds from the sale of the Greater Toronto GeoBASH 2008 coin (See post #15) will help to offset our costs too, which we are hoping will sell really well as we really need the extra funds...if in the end I have to pay a few hundred $ to cover the rest of our expenses out of my pocket, then that is fine too. We want everyone that attends to have fun and go away with a really memorable experience.

As for actual park admission, I can't control that (You could walk in for free along the Bruce Trail from the south) and the $5 optional camping is at cost.

I am not sure what the rules for Americans are for entering Canada, but try this link:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

Hope to see you and everyone at the event.

Sorry, you may have been misled by my comment! <_< My surprise wasn't that you are charging a fee, but the fee itself!

Will see what I have!! I hope the event is a HUGE success!

I thought that after Jan 1, passports were needed for entering Canada by car, but after reading through the US Department of State website, I am confused. One place it says all you need is a birth certificate and photo ID until as early as June 2009...on another page, it says as early as summer 2008. Regardless, we just received the last of ours...do you know how many coins I could've bought with the amount that we spent on passports for a family of 4?! Wonder if I can talk the hubby into an ealy May roadtrip.

Edited by DresselDragons

I thought that after Jan 1, passports were needed for entering Canada by car, but after reading through the US Department of State website, I am confused. One place it says all you need is a birth certificate and photo ID until as early as June 2009...on another page, it says as early as summer 2008. Regardless, we just received the last of ours...do you know how many coins I could've bought with the amount that we spent on passports for a family of 4?! Wonder if I can talk the hubby into an ealy May roadtrip.

Yes I think you can talk your hubby into the road trip. ;) Even spend some extra time finding the recommended caches.

Sorry, you may have been misled by my comment! <_< My surprise wasn't that you are charging a fee, but the fee itself!

Will see what I have!! I hope the event is a HUGE success!

Based on other events of this type, we thought $5 was very reasonable for a day of fun and we set that as our limit. The other option was charging only $1, but then we wouldn't be able to make any registration gifts for the attendees. (Oh I picked up the first batch of cache containers yesterday to include with the registration gifts...the lady at the store thought we were crazy.)

I received the samples yesterday and here's some better photos of the coins. If you would like to see the pics of the other versions, let me know and I will send you the link.

...only 250 coins will be made in total. No charge for laser engraving your name\message

LE Satin Gold pictured below:

c81e0704-78b8-45ca-8571-49bb1ab598b0.jpg

4126db0c-c795-4492-989d-e4d106b3bd32.jpg

We still have a number of these geocoins available, including 3 of the special Black Nickel coins which were not publically available before. The available coins are as follows...No longer any restrictions on which you can buy. Oh and the coins are IHE. Tracking # is on the coin edge and comes with it's own icon. 1997.gif

Special ($12) - Black Nickel (White text fill)

Attendee ($10) - Satin Silver (Black text fill)

Sponsor ($10) - Shiny Gold (Green text fill)

LE ($12) - Satin Gold (Red text fill)

Regular (Sold Out) - Copper (Blue text fill)

Anyone that buys a set of 4 coins will get a FREE Chester Chipmunk event coin.

0dc4b26b-6a8a-42d2-a7dd-b45d7ea7b3aa.jpg

723f01ea-ad38-41ca-9613-e3f118cff608.jpg