Doesn't work everywhere

apersson850

I played a little with the cartridge builder, without precisely knowing what I wanted to do.

Anyway, if I try to set a location from an address, I get a format error, as I'm in Sweden, Europe, where addresses aren't looking the same as in the US.

Second, I tried entering a coordinate. But as a Swedish Windows installation uses decimal comma, not point, lat/long data like 56.12345 aren't accepted as being numeric. I have to enter them as 65,12345. But then they don't seem to work in the rest of the application, like when viewing something on the map.

Third, why are the default lat/long values 360°? As you are using N/S and W/E, there's no more than 90° resp. 180°?

Hi,

We haven't done all of the Localization that is needed as you've noticed. The 360 for lat and lon are indicators of invalid lat/lon for play anywhere cartridges. This tells the system that a lat/lon has not been set. So, when you indicate you want to create a play anywhere cartridge, the lat/lon will be set to 360. The address lookup uses the yahoo geocoding. I'll look into that to see if there are options for outside the US.

David.

Hi

I tried to create a cartridge in Japan, and it worked.

In the address fields, I put Country name in state field. Then the map was shown successfully.

But, easier way is put coordinates. I changed the unit of measure in preferences dialogs into Degrees, Minutes.Minutes. It is a typical coordinate format for Geocaching. (But I use point as decimal separator.)

Please try it.