"Made in China" Activation Code?

Team Teague

I have a "Made in China" geocoin that I would like to activate and release, but I can't find where to get the activation code for it. Can any of you kind folks help me?

THANKS!

I thinkyou need to tell us what the coin actually looks like for us to help :rolleyes:

Oh sorry, it is a Chinese Flag on one side in red, and on the back there is a tiny airplane flying over the pacific between China and the US and it has the waypoint for the Geocoin factory on it and says Made in China.

Oakcoins made this coin.

Activation is at: http://www.oakcoins.com/activate/num.html

Yes, go to That website (just click on That link) and enter the 2 things they ask for :rolleyes:

Great, it didn't work, but I emailed their support services!

Thank you,

Stacey

Remember to check the numbers , as they can be tricky:D

Question, was this a coin you purchased or found in a cache? If found in cache, Did you try to maybe "log" it in?

Oakcoins made this coin.

Activation is at: http://www.oakcoins.com/activate/num.html

Yes, go to That website (just click on That link) and enter the 2 things they ask for :rolleyes:

Great, it didn't work, but I emailed their support services!

Thank you,

Stacey

Remember to check the numbers , as they can be tricky:D

Question, was this a coin you purchased or found in a cache? If found in cache, Did you try to maybe "log" it in?

Hi Fairy,

I got it as a gift from another Forum user....we adopted a little girl from China and was looking for one and they sent it. I did try to "log" it to see if it was already activated, and it wasn't... It says on Oakcoins that if someone already tried to get the activation code for the coin, then it won't give you a new one, and I think that maybe that is what has occured. Thanks so much for your help!

Stacey

Hi Fairy,

I got it as a gift from another Forum user....we adopted a little girl from China and was looking for one and they sent it. I did try to "log" it to see if it was already activated, and it wasn't... It says on Oakcoins that if someone already tried to get the activation code for the coin, then it won't give you a new one, and I think that maybe that is what has occured. Thanks so much for your help!

Stacey

Go and ask the "forum user" If they have already retrieved the activation code And if so, Ask them to please send it to you :rolleyes:

The coin code WAS retrievable from Oakcoins.

The problem you are having is that a while ago there were two sections on their site to retrieve the codes from - one for numbered coins (you had to type in the coin's number as well as the coin tracking code) and one for non-numbered coins.

There doesn't seem to be a section for numbered coins now for some reason and your coin is numbered - hence the reason it doesn't recognise it.

I'd have another word with Oakcoins..

Edited by The Klever Boys

if the activation code has already been pulled it helps to include in your email request to support at oakcoins.com a pic of the coin clearly showing the tracking number.

Anyone can request an activation code for a tracking number but a pic is proof of possession and possession of an unactivated coins counts for ownership.