Sprint Treo 700wx palm?, Do you have one, do you use it and how does it work?

I recently had a Sprint treo 700wx palm passed down to me and I was wondering if anyone else uses these for paperless caching, and how well it works, also with the g.p.s. do you use it as one and if so does the compass work.

Any other cool features of this palm I would love to know since I know nothing about it yet and am staring at it in awe!!!!!

-mrbeachroach.

Well . . . first you need to become a Premium Member, for only $30 for an entire year. Then you can get Pocket Queries, which will give you up to 500 caches in a single file that is emailed to you.

Then, you need some software to handle all the data. Most people end up using GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife). From GSAK, you can Export the information in the correct format for your Palm. The program I use on my ancient Palm m500 is Cachemate. I am assuming that great little program will work on the Treo.

I love my 700WX.I would make sure you get unlimited data as it will be the most useful that way.You can log onto geocaching and get full functionality.I get great download speeds on mine.You can use cachemate on it and if you have a bluetooth gps(700wx doesnt have built in)it will give you the compass screen with direction and distance to the cache.I have found quite a few caches with mine since I always have it with me but not always my Garmin so its great for when you have some unexpected time to kill or if you like going after FTF's like me.

I also use Google mobile maps or also live search which I have been using a lot more lately due to more features I like than Google.Both will show you location on the map in high res aerial photos which is nice for some caches.If you have any questions feel free to ask