What is a reviewer note?

I recently tryed to start a cache '"Frankenstein" that has not yet been aproved.

The publisher e-mailed me back stating he would like more information about the area the cache is in.

I think he was worried that it was in a cemitary.

I e-mailed him back letting him know that the cache was near a cemitary 140ft behind it hanging in a tree.

He then posted a reviewr note on the cache page saying: Owner states that the cache is behind the cemitary 140ft hanging on a tree behind a P-O-Pty.

I got a copy of the e-mail because they said im the owner of the listing (Groundspeak said).

What does this mean? Is he consolting other reviewers to see if it sould be denied or approved?

I do not want to keep bugging him but when do I know when it is not aproved for good?

Will they send me a note saying this won't work or will they archive it?

Please help. MRbeachroach.

A reviewer note is a type of log. A website admin can use that log type, and the cache owner can use it.

Reviewer notes automatically archive when a cache is published, so it's the best way to attach information to the cache prior to publication. Once a cache is published, a reviewer note is just like a regular note. It is NOT forwarded to a reviewer and it is not private between the cache owner and reviewer.

Your reviewer copied your email response about the cache to a reviewer note so it would remain with the cache.

If the cache is published, you'll receive an email with the published log. If the reviewer were to archive your cache, you'd receive an explanation of that, either as a reviewer note, or in the archive log, or possibly as an email directly from the reviewer.

The reviewer may be consulting other reviewers or doing some map work on your cache. Geocaching in cemeteries is illegal in Tennessee. So your cache write up and placement will receive extra scrutiny.

A reviewer note is a type of log. A website admin can use that log type, and the cache owner can use it.

Reviewer notes automatically archive when a cache is published, so it's the best way to attach information to the cache prior to publication. Once a cache is published, a reviewer note is just like a regular note. It is NOT forwarded to a reviewer and it is not private between the cache owner and reviewer.

Your reviewer copied your email response about the cache to a reviewer note so it would remain with the cache.

If the cache is published, you'll receive an email with the published log. If the reviewer were to archive your cache, you'd receive an explanation of that, either as a reviewer note, or in the archive log, or possibly as an email directly from the reviewer.

The reviewer may be consulting other reviewers or doing some map work on your cache. Geocaching in cemeteries is illegal in Tennessee. So your cache write up and placement will receive extra scrutiny.

Sigh.... Palmetto is often called in as one of several outside reviewers on my more extreme cache listing submissions for Psycho Urban Caches. I have learned to HATE Plametto's reviewer notes, as they are very short-sighted, very narrow-minded, very negative, totally uncreative and not at all optimistic. Very depressing. Very sad, in fact. The last reviewer note left by Palmetto, for one of my Psycho Urban cache submissions (which was, for some ungodly reason, never published), read as follows:

Reviewer note

After four hours of studying the submitted cache listing page for this cache, along the assorted near-psychotic replies to reviewer questions provided by Vinny, the cache owner, it is my studied opinion that placement of this cache is:

• in violation of numerous state criminal codes, including state homicide statutes
  • in violation of over 49 federal laws regarding felonious criminal behavior
  • in gross and undeniable violation of over 16 international laws in the realms of sovereignty of nations, human rights, deliberate mass extinction of populations (aka genocide; in this case, genocide against all geo-muggles within a 100 mile radius), hazardous waste disposal, disposal of Category I nuclear waste and disposal/dispersal of human body parts.

Thus, I must align myself with the other 14 reviewers on the Extreme Cache Review Committee in voting that this cache must not be published and furthermore, I agree that Vinny must be committed by relevant local authorities for a period of at least 99 years to a maximum-security prison for the criminally insane.

Palmetto

Grrrr!

:D:(:D:rolleyes::D:(

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team