Map Send Topo 3D - Help Needed for Compatability

petepope

Hi all,

I have an expieriment I need to try before I waste my money on software that may or may not work with my Magellan Crossover GPS.

Anyone out there have a Map Send Topo 3d that they could create me a map from and send it to me so that I could see if it will work ?

I think from what I understand that this version of the software asks for a serial number of your GPS where my version of Map Send Topo does not, and this just may be the key.

Please e-mail me at petepope@yahoo.com if you could assist me with this expieriment.

Thanks,

Pete

What you want is a violation of copyright laws.

If you want to see samples of various Magellan maps, I suggest you join the Yahoo Magellan Meridian users group. But even there you will NOT get anyone to give you a map for your GPS. You have to buy your own software for that.

You can sometimes get the old Magellan Topo for $2.99, yes less that three dollars at a specific Salvation Army that I'm not going expound upon.

It is kind of sad that one can't experiment with maps before buying them. It's also sad that one can't experiment with GPS's before buying them. And at Wall-Mart it's sad that almost all their digital cameras on display are dead and one can't experiment with them before buying them.

Edited by trainlove

What you want is a violation of copyright laws.

If you want to see samples of various Magellan maps, I suggest you join the Yahoo Magellan Meridian users group. But even there you will NOT get anyone to give you a map for your GPS. You have to buy your own software for that.

You can sometimes get the old Magellan Topo for $2.99, yes less that three dollars at a specific Salvation Army that I'm not going expound upon.

It is kind of sad that one can't experiment with maps before buying them. It's also sad that one can't experiment with GPS's before buying them. And at Wall-Mart it's sad that almost all their digital cameras on display are dead and one can't experiment with them before buying them.

Had no idea that would be a copyright issue, sorry. I have my full Map Send Topo that I bought and it will not work. MAGELLAN IS NO HELP !. That's why I wanted to do the test before I bought the new topo software only to find out it won't work.....Big Bummer.

You are also right about all of Wal-Marts dead cameras, and heaven help you if you need to find someone that knows anything about the products that you have been reseaching and need just a little help to make a decision.

Pete

Someone I once met at a geocaching event had a similar issue. In his case it was that the maps came on DVD not CD and his computer just didn't recognize the disk.

See if that's the case with your problem.

Edited to add.

I just checked out the Magellan website and wonder if your Crossover can even use MapSend Topo in the first place. I only see some foreign country Topo's and the great BlueNav charts.

http://www.magellangps.com/products/mapsan...model_list=1750

Edited by trainlove

Someone I once met at a geocaching event had a similar issue. In his case it was that the maps came on DVD not CD and his computer just didn't recognize the disk.

See if that's the case with your problem.

Edited to add.

I just checked out the Magellan website and wonder if your Crossover can even use MapSend Topo in the first place. I only see some foreign country Topo's and the great BlueNav charts.

http://www.magellangps.com/products/mapsan...model_list=1750

I believe it would be against copyright law if you provide a large useable map of his area but just providing a smidget for the test especially of an area away from his home region should be okay - anyways - any helpers could just go offline and provide him with the test material. (yes still enfingement but not as bad as bad as borrowing someone elses music CD).

As for using Mapsend CD products with the Crossover - it works with Topo Canada and Direct Route Europe.

Anyone want a sample?