Is there a coin that says....

mousekakat

:laughing::D:PB)

I just thought it would/could be a cute coin if there wasn't one already :D and I'm in a mood to do a little photoshop playing B)

Naomi B)

Naomi, you make me smile SO much! :D:D

I can't remember seeing any coins out there about hiding the body, and I just went through all the coins on coin trader, but I think it could make for a hilarious coin!

I can't wait to see what you come up with for this one B)

Please keep us posted!

...maybe a detective looking through a magnifying glass right at the body in plain site, but not seeing it since it is wrapped like a mummy in camo duck tape.... with a little tag tied to its toe with the "geoG" symbol... Lord knows how often I've stared right at the cache but didn't SEE it for half of eternity.

A little off subject, but there is a cache on the west side of Indy where some kind of crime was committed right where the cache was hidden. I don't think anyone ever figured out what happened there, but the yellow crime scene tape stayed up for awhile.

The funny part is that the CSI team that investigated it found the cache and signed the log. From what I hear the main CSI investigator took up geocaching after that.

A little off subject, .... (snip a bit)...

The funny part is that the CSI team that investigated it found the cache and signed the log. From what I hear the main CSI investigator took up geocaching after that.

That's hilarious.....

Naomi, I love your idea for a coin. I would bet few distributors would turn it down.

A little off subject, .... (snip a bit)...

That's hilarious.....

Naomi, I love your idea for a coin. I would bet few distributors would turn it down.

Great idea!!! I'll take 2 at least!!! :rolleyes:

No, seriously, I am addicted to geocoin collecting already!! There are some awesome coins out there, but I have not seen any involving hiding a body. Go for it.

How 'bout a frog body hidden in a swamp. You would thus be feeding 2 of my addictions (frogs and geocoins) at once. In which case, I would buy 4. Marilyn

I guess I don't see the humor in finding or hiding a dead body.

LadeBear,

It's very tongue in cheek and just dry humor. It has been joked around on other parts of the forum about how Geocachers always know the best places to hide a body because we're always out in the bush and remote places looking for our tupperware and ammo cans!

It's not that ANY of us actually want to hide a body or find one, it just refers to how we're always out in the remote places and can find things that others can't...not to mention hide things that result in a number of frustrating DNF's!

But honestly, it's just silliness and only a joke! I wasn't trying to offend you or anyone!

Naomi :rolleyes:

I guess I don't see the humor in finding or hiding a dead body.

LadeBear,

It's very tongue in cheek and just dry humor. It has been joked around on other parts of the forum about how Geocachers always know the best places to hide a body because we're always out in the bush and remote places looking for our tupperware and ammo cans!

It's not that ANY of us actually want to hide a body or find one, it just refers to how we're always out in the remote places and can find things that others can't...not to mention hide things that result in a number of frustrating DNF's!

But honestly, it's just silliness and only a joke! I wasn't trying to offend you or anyone!

Naomi :D

I think it is funny too. :smile::D:D

We went looking for a cache last summer and found a size able mound of coyote carcasses (ewwwww, gross)

But, we're planning on going back next summer to see if there are any usable skulls to put in the garden :D

I also found a deer vertebrae in the mountains and we sent it out as a TBug (dude, where's my body!)

A funny log we read on a cache in Parley's canyon at a TBug cache (well, there was a dead deer at the turnaround, obviously pushed up there by a snow plow) but, some New Yorkers saw it and thought the poor deer "must have fallen off the mountain" :D

Maybe not funny to some people, but to me hilarious :smile::D

(I have a coyote skull, that we found in the desert on a shelf in my living room, along with some rusty railroad spikes and an old horseshoe....)

We went looking for a cache last summer and found a size able mound of coyote carcasses (ewwwww, gross)

But, we're planning on going back next summer to see if there are any usable skulls to put in the garden :D

I also found a deer vertebrae in the mountains and we sent it out as a TBug (dude, where's my body!)

A funny log we read on a cache in Parley's canyon at a TBug cache (well, there was a dead deer at the turnaround, obviously pushed up there by a snow plow) but, some New Yorkers saw it and thought the poor deer "must have fallen off the mountain" :D

(I have a coyote skull, that we found in the desert on a shelf in my living room, along with some rusty railroad spikes and an old horseshoe....)

Well, I think we now know your new nickname!!

bonecollectorzu1.jpg

Edited by mousekakat

Well, I think we now know your new nickname!!

Bone_collector.jpg

Can't see the picture :D

:D:D:D

I still have tears in my eyes from that one!!!

We found a racoon skull while caching, and even picked up some of the teeth that had fallen out. It now sits on the window sill in my kitchen!

:smile:

I suppose this is sort of related. Some years ago a journalist went missing here. He was never found again and remained on a missing persons list...that is until his remains were found by this cache You can even go back to some of it's logs about the situation.

Not excaly body related, while we were searching for this cache we found a couple bones. Looking at them I wasn't sure if they were Homan or not and hated the thought of stumbling upon a missing person myself. So with the Chief of Police's phone number in my cell I made some calls and waiting while several area investigators were called out, only to be told that they were deer bones and that a local meat shop used to use the area as a dump site. I felt awful calling out so many people, but they actually thanked me saying that they really ought to check areas like those more often because it would be easier to hide someones bones among those already known to be there. So, um I trailed a bit, but I still think it's an interesting coin idea, playfully done of course.

Well, admittedly I didn't draw this one. Micke and I have a friend here in town who is an awesome artist, especially caricature type pictures, and he did the art for this one and it's cute as all getout!!

Here is a little tease, though...

32302232wp0.jpg

15412827rz8.jpg

Looking good, i like caricature. ;)

I have nerdsv2 ordered and i take the black nickel because it likes than more a cartoon figur.

Maybe you make now more coins :huh: so they altleast take 4 days for they are sold out. ;)

I keep an eye on your newest coin. :huh:

I've got the artwork, it's all done and ready to go to the mint to be mocked up.

What I don't have, is someone who is interested in making the coin and I don't have the funds to do it myself...

SO, if you're a coin maker and interested in this one, drop me a line and I'll send the artwork to you to see if you'd be interested in doing it for me!

Naomi :drama: