Problem with caches along a route

Donald, Daisy and Kids

Ive been trying my hardest to upload some caches along a route we have to travel in the morning, it is under 500Miles long, but it just wont upload the KML file I created in google earth.

I tried uploading it with both IE7 and the latest firefox but get the following error on both browsers which just sounds like some weird kind of street jargon to me :laughing: :

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>

</system.web>

</configuration>

How are you all saving the .KML file? Can you walk me through the steps you took to create and upload it?

used google earth, uploaded my track from a previous trip, saved as .kml,

uploaded to site, crashed as above.

also tested by walking our 1km street (logged it), imported to G.E. saved as kml, uploaded, crashed when uploaded to site.

cant explain much more in detail sorry as there isnt much more detail.

There are a number of ways to break the caches along a route upload.

One of the easiest ways to break it is to try to create a route when you are at your max allowable number of PQs - it doesn't tell you that, it just doesn't work and gives an unknown error. (I 'guessed' that that might be the problem, and lo, it worked)

So if you can't create one, check to make sure you have less than 20 saved PQs.

Speaking of which i'd love to save more than 20 PQs :drama:

Speaking of which i'd love to save more than 20 PQs :)

Good news, the limit is now 40 PQs. :)

But I agree, it would be nice to be able to have more. I have a number of route PQs that I end having to delete and recreate to allow for others. My understanding is that deleted PQs remain on the server, so it is not a storage issue (and even if it were...these have to be small.)

Edited by beejay&esskay

Speaking of which i'd love to save more than 20 PQs :D

Good news, the limit is now 40 PQs. :huh:

But I agree, it would be nice to be able to have more. I have a number of route PQs that I end having to delete and recreate to allow for others. My understanding is that deleted PQs remain on the server, so it is not a storage issue (and even if it were...these have to be small.)

What's a PQ?

Speaking of which i'd love to save more than 20 PQs :yikes:

Good news, the limit is now 40 PQs. :yikes:

What's a PQ?

Markwell has a great tutorial about Pocket Queries. :grin: