No 'found credit' for maintenance needed log?

curious4cache

We're new to the sport, trying to see how quickly we can reach first 100 finds. Found 2 caches today that need maintenance (logs are soaked) Our caches found count doesn't seem to increase when we log the find as maintenance needed. Should I delete the entries, log as found, and just email the owners directly?

TIA

Perhaps you could log the find and then e-mail the cache owners of their wet log

Noticed lately that folks are getting out of hand with "need maintenance" and "needs archive" logs.

Really not fair to the CO. Looks like they have crappy caches, when in fact a FINDER's usually responsible for them being wet/broken. Can't count how many times I read, "Man! It was really pouring today! Thanks for the find." - didn't even have an umbrella with them to cover the hide/log.

Perhaps you could log the find and then e-mail the cache owners of their wet log

Noticed lately that folks are getting out of hand with "need maintenance" and "needs archive" logs.

Really not fair to the CO. Looks like they have crappy caches, when in fact a FINDER's usually responsible for them being wet/broken. Can't count how many times I read, "Man! It was really pouring today! Thanks for the find." - didn't even have an umbrella with them to cover the hide/log.

I disagree completely. This is a perfect example of the appropriate use of a "Needs Maintenance" log. Regardless of who's 'fault' it is that the log is wet, the cache owner is responsible for the upkeep of his cache. A wet logbook is absolutely a situation that "Needs Maintenance". This log type was created to simplify the process of alerting cache owners to these situations because it was such a frequent need. Owners are notified of these logs, thus eliminating the need to e-mail them directly. Also, in the case of an abandoned cache, having these logs shown on the cache page documents the attempts to notify the owner of any existing problems.