WTB: Double duty... turn by turn direcitons AND caching

CodeMoney

vista hcx, 60csx, 76csx............It depends which unit you like better, decide that then get a 2gb micro SD and city navigator software for turn by turn

in my opinion the vista finds satelites quicker and locks onto the signals better, but the 60 has a better case layout, I dont really like the 76 because of the buttons above the screen and my thumb does interfere with the screen

its all how it you want it to feel and look

I believe the Legend C, Legend Cx, Legend HCx, Venture Cx also will do this. The Legend C is a discontinued model but can still be found around. I just picked up a Vista C off eBay. It is also a discontinued model, but does what you want it to.

FYI, the "x" in the model means it has a removeable memory card. The Legend C and Vista C have 24MB of memory built into the unit.

If you want voice turn by turn, none of the units mentioned will do that. The Garmin Quest or Quest II give voice prompts, and they can be used for caching. As with all "all-purpose" solutions, no one unit really does it all that well. The units above are great in the field and for caching, but are only so-so (IMHO) in the car. The best car units (Nuvi, Street Pilot) aren't really ruggetd enough (again, IMHO) to be good caching units. I think that the Quest units are a pretty good compromise.

vista hcx, 60csx, 76csx............It depends which unit you like better, decide that then get a 2gb micro SD and city navigator software for turn by turn

in my opinion the vista finds satelites quicker and locks onto the signals better, but the 60 has a better case layout, I dont really like the 76 because of the buttons above the screen and my thumb does interfere with the screen

its all how it you want it to feel and look

I would recommend getting the GarminGPmap60"Cx". notice the "Cx", not "CSx". The reason I would get the CX is because the CSX only adds two features that arent very important, especially not for Geocaching, but it still adds $100 to the price. Your choice, but I would HIGHLY recommend doing your own research and find out differences yourself. In the end, there is not one GPS that is the absolute best, it all comes down to the user...

I believe the Legend C, Legend Cx, Legend HCx, Venture Cx also will do this. The Legend C is a discontinued model but can still be found around. I just picked up a Vista C off eBay. It is also a discontinued model, but does what you want it to.

FYI, the "x" in the model means it has a removeable memory card. The Legend C and Vista C have 24MB of memory built into the unit.

I think that you are incorrect. I'm nearly positive that the X stands for SiRF Star III receiver. I don't think there is a letter for removable cards. Now I'm not positive, but I think that C stands for Color, X for SiRF Star III receiver, and S for Barometric Altimeter. Correct me if I'm wrong.