RAM ?

MaMiFKa

I have a Dell x51v Pocket Pc with Windows Mobile 5.0.

Processor speed is 624 MHz.

It has 64 MB RAM, 256MB ROM and I have a 1 GB SD-Card.

I have just re-installed .NET CF 2.0.

When I start the player, the error says:

Player.exe

OutOfMemoryException ..........

.. etc

I have tried to reinstall the Wherigo player, but it didn't help.

Is this due "only" having 64MB RAM?

I can see that the "Mitac Mio 168" is a supported device and it has overall a lower config - and also has 64MB RAM.

/Flemming

The first thing you can try to do is reset your device, usually by sticking a pin in the hole that does a hard reset. There may be a lot of additional applications running that are taking up memory on it. I hope that helps you.

I have now done a hard reset on my Dell Axim x51v, so it is restored as when I bought it.

Afterwards I have only installed .NET CF 2.0 and the Wherigo player.

And I still gets the same error message when trying to start the player.

So, sadly, I must conclude that the Wherigo player can not run on my PDA :rolleyes:

Just so everyone knows, the conclusion of this problem can be found in the following thread:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=182245

In summary, a new version of the player was released and the fix was included. I have the same model Axim I use for geocaching. I was able to replicate your problem, uninstall the player, and install the updated version. I can now see the cartridge list pane.

One warning though: Pocket PC isn't so great with installing and uninstalling programs. If you're like me, you loaded the new CAB file onto an SD card, inserted it, and went to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one. Do not do that! If you do, the Axim will say it can't fully uninstall the program. This is because it will look for the original installation CAB on your SD card in order to uninstall the application. Be sure to have the original CAB on the card, uninstall the application, then copy the new version over and install that.

Should you not follow the above advice, you'll soon see screens stating that you can't install the player on your PDA. To fix it, hard reset your device, copy the old installation file over to the SD card, install it, uninstall it, then copy the new version over and install it. That should correct any problems. It did for me, at least.