Wherigo Lockup

Googling Hrpty Hrrs

I've had it working on my ATT Tilt (wm6) before. I'm testing it now to get it to work again. I'll let you know.

On of the reasons for the lockup is that it's trying to find the gps on startup. Make sure you have the gps bluetooth paired and ready to go before running the player.

david.

I'm using a At&T 8925 with built in GPS and Windows Mobile 6. Wherigo just locks up every time I try to start it. Never gets past the logo screen.

I thought the idea was cool, though.

I've had it working on my ATT Tilt (wm6) before. I'm testing it now to get it to work again. I'll let you know.

On of the reasons for the lockup is that it's trying to find the gps on startup. Make sure you have the gps bluetooth paired and ready to go before running the player.

david.

I'm using a At&T 8925 with built in GPS and Windows Mobile 6. Wherigo just locks up every time I try to start it. Never gets past the logo screen.

bluetooth paired with what? The GPS is built in.

So far I've had no luck. Have to reset phone everytime I try to turn the program on.

david.

bluetooth paired with what? The GPS is built in.

So far I've had no luck. Have to reset phone everytime I try to turn the program on.

oops, sorry about that. we're looking into wm6

I too have HTC TyTN II with WM6. My unit was hanging, so I started GPSgate first and waited till I had a sat lock before starting the software. I got passed the startup screen and started the tutorial. Unfortunately I lost my sat lock and my unit froze. I have subsequently lost the ability to use my GPS with any software - MM hangs, TT fails to get a signal. So it looks as though I may be heading for a hard reset

I too have HTC TyTN II with WM6. My unit was hanging, so I started GPSgate first and waited till I had a sat lock before starting the software. I got passed the startup screen and started the tutorial. Unfortunately I lost my sat lock and my unit froze. I have subsequently lost the ability to use my GPS with any software - MM hangs, TT fails to get a signal. So it looks as though I may be heading for a hard reset

Thanks Rod, I have a license for GPSgate but haven't needed it to date on my TyTN II. Might give this a try at the weekend after a hard reset. Could probably do with getting rid of some of the junk that's on there anyway. Please post again if you do get it working though.

I don't want ANY part of that. I think I'll wait for Wherigo 2.0

Well, I spoke too soon. I tried using my other GPS programs today and I also have lost the ability to use the GPS completely. I've never had a single problem with any of them, so I have to give Wherigo the credit.

I'll be backing everything up and doing the hard reset tomorrow.

I'd be careful downloading this program.

Well, I spoke too soon. I tried using my other GPS programs today and I also have lost the ability to use the GPS completely. I've never had a single problem with any of them, so I have to give Wherigo the credit.

I'll be backing everything up and doing the hard reset tomorrow.

I'd be careful downloading this program.

Before you go as far as doing a hard reset you should check the running applications first. It is possible through the process of running the earlier version of Wherigo Player that the application still has a hold on the GPS. There shouldn't be anything that can affect GPS on a lower level. David, the lead programmer also has a Tilt and confirmed that the application works on it fine, though turning it to the side doesn't resize the images properly (yet).

Ok, did hard reset. Loaded up minimal software. Started GPSgate got signal. Stood in middle of road and installed player. It started and the GPS signal bars went green briefly and then red. I tried to start the tutorial cartridge but the unit had locked. Now my GPSr in the unit is unusable again (maybe it was having to reboot it that caused the damage)even after soft reset so I guess it is another hard reset for me. Any thoughts?...my hard resets are getting less hard!

One thing I did notice is that QuickGPS doesn't update anymore, even via Activesync. Although it is still up-to-date I wonder if the install/crash messes up this connection....and then the GPS can't find it's location. TT doesn't crash but it doesn't find a location either. It performs as though QuickGPS is out of date....

Edit as spelling is getting harder though.

Edited by rodz

Hi, the current download of the player has a fixed version of a dll that will work on the tilt. The previous install doesn't affect activesync, but, on my device, I did notice that I had to monkey with activesync to get it to reconnect. I've gotten my device to work with both external bluetooth and the internal gps.

David

Edited by davidloew

Had similar lock up problems with the M5. Seems to work ok but after running through a few of the screens, it locks up and has to be soft booted. Serious bug somewhere. The program also tries to pair via blutooth even though the GPS is built in. Looking forward to the fix soon, looks like fun. :anicute:

Hi, the current download of the player has a fixed version of a dll that will work on the tilt. The previous install doesn't affect activesync, but, on my device, I did notice that I had to monkey with activesync to get it to reconnect. I've gotten my device to work with both external bluetooth and the internal gps.

David

Top man! After another hard reset and braving the neighbours strange looks I stood in the road and installed the player. It worked! Excellent. Thanks for the quick update. I'll keep my fingers crossed it continues to do so.

Well, I have a iPAQ 3970 with a SIRF III Bluetooth GPS and GPSGate.

The GPS talks quite happily withTomTom and Memory Map, but Wherigo just doesn't want to know.

I was delighted to see the new GPS settings menu item, and I set up the GPS in that and successfully tested the settings. But why, on exiting the settings screen does Wherigo then try (unsuccessfully) to locate the GPS and then offer me the option of setting it up in the exact same screen as I have already set it up in?

And why, when I OK that screen, does it just spin its wheels till the battery is flat?

Serious bugs here, chaps!

Bob