How to save a cartridge?

res2100

Just playing around with trying to build a cartridge using the Wherigo Builder and I think I entered all the necessary information such as several zones and a number of events, however under the file menu both the Save Cartridge and Save as menu items are disabled. I am eager to try it out, but don't want to lose all the effort that I put into it so far.

I exited the Builder program and restarted it and this time when I entered a name it prompted me to save and everything is enabled, including the 9 buttons on the left (which were all disabled).

After some playing around now, I think I figured out what I did wrong and what may be wrong.

--I launch the Builder program.

--I select File > New Cartridge.

--Enter a name and hit OK. It then puts me in the Cartridge screen.

--I then hit ok on the Cartridge screen (I may have entered some information, not sure) and it prompts me to save the cartridge (I don't remember it prompting me before, but I do know that I did go in to the Preferences at some point and entered a location for the Cartridge and the Images folder, which I think were both blank when I first installed and maybe that is why it didn't prompt me to save and the buttons and the save menu items were disabled.)

--So now after hitting Cancel on the Save A Cartridge screen the Save menu items and the buttons on the left are still disabled, which I assume is correct behaviour, however the Add button below the Zones listbox is enabled now and that is probably where I was continuing to try to create my cartridge. I think that if you don't create and save the new cartridge then the Add button should probably remain disabled.

...hope that helps.

...Also from one programmer\tester to another on the New Zone screen if I hit ok without entering information, the message it displays contains the White X in a Red circle button...I think that icon is usually reserved for serious errors that will shut down the program and instead the yellow warning triangle icon should be displayed in the message box instead.

...Looking forward to having fun with the Builder program and seeing wher I go next. :anicute: