Vantage Point and Crossover 2500T

petepope

Hi,

I was reading about the use of Magellan's Vantage Point software in another post here. I did not think that it would work with the Crossover GPS, however something I read made me think different.

I downloaded the software and I did notice that it also displays a picture of the Crossover on installation and when starting the program. Problem is that I can not get it to see my Crossover on my computer.

Can anyone verify that it will or will not work with the Crossover yet ?

Sorry to ask so many questions of late, but I am new to the Magellans and I want to make sure that I am not doing something wrong.

Thanks for everyone's assistance and patience with me.

Pete

Edited by petepope

Hi Pete,

I can verify that the CrossoverGPS picture is displayed on the splash screen and I can also verify that it does not recognize the CrossoverGPS. Their online documentation says:

"Both eXplorist and Triton series are compatible. Currently, no Vehicle Navigation products are compatible with VantagePoint. Please check back in the future for new product compatibility."

Funny that the installation and splash screen show a CrossoverGPS...

JetSkier

Hi Pete,

I can verify that the CrossoverGPS picture is displayed on the splash screen and I can also verify that it does not recognize the CrossoverGPS. Their online documentation says:

"Both eXplorist and Triton series are compatible. Currently, no Vehicle Navigation products are compatible with VantagePoint. Please check back in the future for new product compatibility."

Funny that the installation and splash screen show a CrossoverGPS...

JetSkier

Hey JetSkier,

Thanks for your reply, you have been so helpful. The world of Megallan is somewhat hard for a old die hard Garmin user to get use to. I really like the product, and as stated before no one GPS is perfect. I do think from what I read I hope I never have to call them to find something out.

Now if Magellan just comes through on the topo and Advantage Point I am going to be a very happy camper with this gps.

Thanks,

Pete