What do you recommend for an underwater cache?

figtreesky

I found an interesting location I want to check out and think might be good for a cache. But I haven't been too imaginative with how my caches are placed, but I hope to change that by placing a cache underwater. What containers would you suggest on using?

Also, I tried the search option, but it wasn't working. sorry

While it obviously needs to be waterproof enough to contain the logbook, it also needs to be heavy enough that it stays sunk, but not so heavy that a cacher can't retrieve it.

I've never looked for an underwater cache yet. I've always imagined that it would be like that old Busch Beer commercial where the six pack was in the river to keep it cool and the guys pull it out to drink. Ahhhh!

You might want to look at likely underwater cache areas, such as Florida and scuba spots, for some ideas. Those cache pages might have gallery photos of the cache containers. some of these are normal waterproof containers that are buoyant but are held down by a rope attached to a weight at the other end. How deep is the spot you are looking to put this cache in?