why canadian benchmark was nt on the website

cloudyboy

While on the subject of benchmarking in other countries... I was in Puerto Rico, which is part of the U.S. I know but is listed as another country on this website, and did some caching. I was in the rain forest, which doesn't have caches, and lo and behold, I was standing over a benchmark. I took a photo of it. I can't seem to find it on this website or on Waymarking either. I skimmed throught the benchmarking FAQ page and saw no mention of benchmarking in other countries or territories for that matter.

majormajor42 -

In Waymarking, the contributors make the database. (There are some online databases that can be used, including those in other countries.) In the case of Puerto Rico, that would count as the U.S., and if you have both a closeup photo and its coordinates, you an log your find in the US Benchmark Waymarking category. Currently there are only 6 countries that have Waymarking categories so far: U.S., Canada, UK/Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Australia. There is also a Europe category of benchmarks that has entries from Austria, Hungary, Denmark, Germany, and Sweden! Other country categories await creation by users. :D The mention of just one benchmark category in other country, Canada, is mentioned in the FAQ here.