GSAK and Mastero and Crossover

renegade9

I have a CrossoverGPS and I like it a lot. I has it's problems, as does every GPS, but overall it works great. The Vehicle Nav mode is excellent (make sure you update the firmware to 2.14) and the Outdoor mode works well for geocaching. Here's a topic that I posted about my experiences with the downfalls and their workarounds.

I don't know anything about the Maestro so I can't comment on that unit.

JetSkier

Does anyone know how to load up the files from GSAK to a Mastero 4250. Also I am looking at buying a Crossover any one have one and how is it.

I just bought a Crossover last Saturday. Nice GPS with other poster's downfalls acknowleged. It does work well with GSAK as I used it recently to input caches from the website.

Hope this helps.

Pete

I have found most of my caches with the crossover. The worst most annoying thing that they have is the you are near your destination. Then it stops tracking. However it does put you right on alot. So just reload and go and reload and go. Gets annoying...but it works well. Compass mode is nice.

Just ordered my PN-20 and it will get here on friday...the crossover will most likely be delegated to car duty/backup for the PN-20.

I have found most of my caches with the crossover. The worst most annoying thing that they have is the you are near your destination. Then it stops tracking. However it does put you right on alot. So just reload and go and reload and go. Gets annoying...but it works well. Compass mode is nice.

Just ordered my PN-20 and it will get here on friday...the crossover will most likely be delegated to car duty/backup for the PN-20.

I would be really interested in hearing your review on the PN-20. I have a Garmin GPSMap 76s and a Garmin Rhino as well. I was thinking about selling them and looking into the PN-20 a little deeper. Please post your views on this unit once you have put it through it's paces.

Thanks

Pete

I just got a 4250 and have used Magellan's POI editor to upload gpx files directly to my 4250. I have not had any real trouble in getting the files up, the only real trouble I had was downloading the software from Magellan's website. I really like my 4250, because the times I've used it for navigating close to a cache, it's put me well within a short jaunt to the GZ. For the actual cache hunt, I currently have a Garmin Vista Cx, a hand me down from my uncle who got me into caching in the first place. I had contemplated getting a Colorado, and my uncle recently got one and has done ok with it, but he also has the DeLorme unit and a Garmin Vista HCx in addition to the Colorado. He lately has used the Colorado for caching, with a Garmin Nuvi 660 for his auto navigation.

Does anyone know how to load up the files from GSAK to a Mastero 4250. Also I am looking at buying a Crossover any one have one and how is it.

I know this thread is kind of old, but I just bought a crossover and would like to trade or sell it as soon as possible. It's less than a week old. I hate it and Magellan.

Their customer service and technical support should you need it, alone should steer anyone away from purchasing their products. The unit itself has nothing wrong with it, but I'm looking for something a bit more technical. Anyone interested email me :

richard3030303030@yahoo.ca