Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer: Cointest

tsunrisebey

Thanks for the well wishes, what a beautiful day to walk/jog/run. There was a huge turn-out; a few thousand people. What an eye-opener and I'm really glad I did it :D My feet are pretty sore, I trained on a dirt road and then ran on asphalt so I didn't take that into consideration when training. The last mile they were feeling kinda numb but I finished B)

Here are some pictures from the Race for the Cure event here in Helena. Figured I'd share my day with you :D Thanks again everyone for the support and the pink tatankas will be taken care of when I come home from GW6 :D

Montana Capitol where the race began on the back side and ended at the front.

RC1.jpg

Race for the Cure finish line

RC2.jpg

The Survivors line up on the steps to have their photo taken. Then the crowd sings 'Wind Beneath my Wings' to them.

RC3.jpg

Front and Back of my shirt. Stinky now :D

RC4.jpg

RC6.jpg

Way to go Steph! I bet you're glad it's over. Now you can eat Nutella to your hearts' content!

A big thank you for putting Aunt Mary-Jean's name on your shirt as well...by a coincidence today at our garage sale a lady came in to look at all my hair products. She said her hair came in different after chemo and that brought me back to the first time Auntie finished chemo and her hair started growing back. Just little things like that remind me.

Anyway, relax and stetch it out...a good footrub/hottub does wonders as well.

WAY TO GO STEPHANIE. We are so glad to hear you reached your goals, starting and finishing thru with the race, raised money for the event and reaching your limit you wanted to raise, and thanks so much for adding the names. It is a remarkable thing you did. Again why we think so much about you. Now relax and have all the Nutella you want Barry says. You are well deserving of it. Have a great Day

Barry and Val

sweetlife

CONGRATS!!!! So happy for you, what a wonderful thing you did and it's nice to remind people about this disease. I have two women at work w/parents fighting......it's heartbreaking...

Thank you for getting yourself out there and making us a part of it with you!

Glad you're getting a well deserved break

xoxoxoxox

:P

I want to share some very good news

My cancer is evil coin was spreading awareness about the netherlands ROPARUN

:) Now the good news, this run has collect 4.318.783 euro :rolleyes::wub:

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTT

Here some information about the race

The Roparun is the longest non-stop relay race in the world: it's not only a unique running event but also has a unique goal:

"Aiming to add life to the days that remain, when no more days can be added to life"

In 1992, the RO(tterdam) PA(ris) RUN was born. And it came about as the result of a bet! In that first year, 13 teams took part and together they managed to raise 100,000 Dutch Guilders (45,000 Euros). The organisation of the event was in the hands of a small group of volunteers. In fact, the intention was for a one-off event, but that was not to be the case.

The first time was such a success that a follow up was inevitable. For the first four years the event remained relatively small, and was organised on a purely voluntary basis. However, as the event grew, there was a need for an office with paid staff - even though everything had to be done low budget. There are currently 250 volunteers working for the Roparun Foundation, with an additional permanent group of 50 volunteers, who are constantly busy dedicating time and energy to the planning and organisation of this event.

Tasks undertaken by the volunteers include:

planning and organisation of the run

maintenance and furnishing of bungalows

organsiation of monthly team meetings for participants

information and motivation of teams for fund raising activities

public relations and provision of information

recruitment of sponsors for the organisation itself

Roparun 2008

Roparun is an abbreviation of Rotterdam - Paris- RUN. The Roparun is the longest non-stop relay race in the world; the route covers approximately 530km. When it began, in 1992, the race started on the Coolsingel in Rotterdam and finished in the airport area Le Bourget in the 'city of lights', Paris. Since 2004 the route has gone in the other direction, starting in Paris and finishing in Rotterdam.

The Roparun 2008 starts 10 and 11 Mai in Paris with the Finish 12 Mai in Rotterdam

The Roparun will continue to start in Paris and finish in Rotterdam. The official timing also takes place on the Coolsingel, after which the entire team can enjoy a warm welcome in Rotterdam followed by an After Party. In 2008 the closing ceremony takes place on Mai 30, where the total amount raised will be announced, and the 3 teams with the highest amount collected will be honoured.

Edited by Geo.Error

Thanks for sharing Geo.Error :)

Just a quick note... I do have the Pink/White Tatankas in hand and will be contacting my official entries for addresses next week sometime so I can get your coin mailed off to you. I currently have a few other coin priorities to take care of first and then I'll be taking care of you all. Thanks again for releasing coins.

tsun

Just a quick note... I do have the Pink/White Tatankas in hand and will be contacting my official entries for addresses next week sometime so I can get your coin mailed off to you. I currently have a few other coin priorities to take care of first and then I'll be taking care of you all. Thanks again for releasing coins.

tsun

Thank You Tsun for doing such a nice thing for a good cause. We enjoyed releasing a couple coins in rememberance of our friends and it is been a pleasure watching where they are traveling to.

so far this is where is ours are and how may they have traveled.

Remembering Barb hasnt moved very far but is still traveling she is went 150.2mi and in a cache called White Fish Falls Cache which is Michigan.

Remembering Sue is traveled alot further and has traveled 3718.5mi and is in a cache called Gray's Landing Cache in Tennessee.

Thanks for the updates again Tsun

Barry and Valarie aka sweetlife

tsun

Thank you for all you do - I am posted in the yahoo group if that will save you a step. Coin still moving but moving is good!

I will be participating in the local Relay for Life - which our own Maine EMSDanel is the Chairman. A cancer survivor he is and I am honored to be part of the Geocaching Maine Team at his event!

Thank you all who support events such as these!

Today I received a really cool log on my coin that is travelling in honor of my cousin, Jenny....

You are receiving this email because you are the owner of this listing.

plantendokter discovered In memory of Jenny Hughey, Find the cure! (Cacher Geocoin) at 7/25/2008

Log Date: 7/25/2008

When we found this coin with the photo of Jennifer, it made us realize that we ourselves have to be glad to be healthy. Hopefully, a cure for breastcancer will be found in the future. We will launch the coin soon in the Netherlands.

Plantendokter.

Visit this log entry at the below address:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?L...3b-54a133989b4c

Just wanted to share :anitongue:

Naomi