Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer: Cointest

tsunrisebey

Tsun, thank you so much for starting this! I enjoy putting travelers out there but this is different. The idea of getting these coins out there for people to see... for people to read the descriptions and remember just how serious cancer is and the effect it can have on our lives and the lives of loved ones... well, I've gained more satisfaction from putting these together than I have from any other travelers I have out there.

I'll tell you what, I knew I'd had a few people in my life touched by cancer -some of them lost to one form or another of the disease. But until I sat down and listed the names, then talked to my mom to jog my memory, I really hadn't realized how many. So, I began choosing coins for these people and putting the information pages together. I'm now in the process of attaching tags and locks so I can drop them off in caches around the country (assuming the weather cooperates wherever I happen to be over the next few weeks)

Okay, sort them out however you like, but here are the coins I'm releasing:

Susan G. Komen Cancer Awareness Poker Chip #1

Susan G. Komen Cancer Awareness Poker Chip #2

Susan G. Komen Cancer Awareness Poker Chip #3

Ms Belcher's Cancer Awareness Venus Geocoin

Rayvee and Jazbo's Cancer Awareness Geocoin

Mike's Cancer Awareness Dolphin Geocoin

Jeanette's Cancer Awareness Elementary Geocoin

Maw's Memorial Cancer Awareness Venus Geocoin

Jeri's Memorial Cancer Awareness Crystal Fairy Geocoin

Lynn's Cancer Awareness Lost Treasures Geocoin

Grandma's Memorial Cancer Awareness Crystal Ball

Gramps' Memorial Cancer Awareness Dreamcatcher

Doris' Cancer Awareness Endless Cheer Geocoin

Willard's Cancer Awareness Quadcacher Geocoin

Thanks again for the great idea and good luck to you and everyone else participating in a race!

-Jesse

I really like the way these TB's pages are set up, and I thoroughly enjoyed Maw's story! Wonderful tributes, Jesse.

OK, here's the deal. I put a Crystal Fairy into circulation for cancer awareness. The coin is dedicated to my girlfriend's lifelong best friend, Jeri, who passed away last summer. After seeing the listing my GF asked if there was any way I could give another of the coins to Jeri's husband. I'd also like to give one to my GF.

So, is there anyone out there who would trade or sell a Crystal Fairy? Antique silver would be my first choice but I'll take anything I can get. They are both still having a difficult time and I'd really like to give them these coins. Take a look at my available coins list... I'd even be willing to part with a select number of my keepers.

Thanks you all,

Jesse

also posted in the topic: Geocoin Trading

UPDATED 1/11/08 :D

*tsunrisebey:

Running the 5k on May 17th in Helena, MT

1. Remembering Sister Annetter: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1168554

2. In honor of the survivors: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1394604

3. Remembering lives lost: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1178939

*sweetlife:

1. Remembering Barb: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=gggt8h

*dorkfish:

1. Running the 5k on May 17th in Helena, MT w/ tsun :D (considered and entry and representing Idaho)

*menace66:

1. Running for Race for the Cure (considered an entry and representing Maine)

*The Moops:

1. Remembering Anna Rose: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1004081

*The Moop Along:

1. Anna Rose Geocoin

*Carnon Hunter:

1. Dedication to cancer survivors and to those fighting it:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1344615

*PLnauta:

1. Remembering those fighting cancer: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1255511

*Thirsty Mick:

1. Cancer Sucks

2. Not-a-Pirhana

*Highland Geofairy:

1. Supporting cancer research and funding: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...ea-f2f205bfad74

*bluecherry:

1. In memory of Uncle John

2. In memory of my Grandfather

*Solan109:

1. Susan G. Komen Awareness Geocoin

*BRoKeN W:

1. Running the Race for the Cure (considered an entry-running in Idaho)

*earthrooster:

1. Susan G. Komen Cancer Awareness Poker Chip #1

2. Susan G. Komen Cancer Awareness Poker Chip #2

3. Susan G. Komen Cancer Awareness Poker Chip #3

Unofficial Entries

Ms Belcher's Cancer Awareness Venus Geocoin

Rayvee and Jazbo's Cancer Awareness Geocoin

Mike's Cancer Awareness Dolphin Geocoin

Jeanette's Cancer Awareness Elementary Geocoin

Maw's Memorial Cancer Awareness Venus Geocoin

Jeri's Memorial Cancer Awareness Crystal Fairy Geocoin

Lynn's Cancer Awareness Lost Treasures Geocoin

Grandma's Memorial Cancer Awareness Crystal Ball

Gramps' Memorial Cancer Awareness Dreamcatcher

Doris' Cancer Awareness Endless Cheer Geocoin

Willard's Cancer Awareness Quadcacher Geocoin

*damenace/BooBoo: Official 3 Enteries;

DorkFish's Race For A Cure Geocoin

Tsun's Race For A Cure Geocoin

Susan G Komen Cancer Awareness Maze Geocoin

Damenace/BooBoo Unofficial Enteries:

Susan G Komen Cancer Awareness CCCooperAgency Geocoin

Susan G Komen Cancer Awareness Moun10Girl Geocoin

Susan G Komen Cancer Awareness GeoRendezvous Geocoin

Susan G Komen Cancer Awareness Idaho Geocoinfest Geocoin

Susan G Komen Cancer Awareness Oregon Geocoinfest Geocoin

Susan G Komen Cancer Awareness Lifejacket Geocoin

*BluPrizm Unofficial Entry:

Breast Cancer Awareness Geocoin

I'll periodically update this page or bump it and I hope to see more coin releases! Thanks for the great entries everyone! ~tsun :D

Got my Breast Cancer travelers ready, only they are kindageneric for now. Havent had much time to research and I dont know anyone who has had this disease so for now my coins are activated and ready for release...Only i really would like to provide a tag for travel so will be drillin holes and attaching some kind of tag...probably hand written and laminated with packing tape :D

Heres my entries:

Seahorses and Breast Cancer dont mix...Untill now!!!

Breast Cancer Awareness Rainforest jewel

Touch yourself...The racing Breast cancer awareness Gecko

Sorry it took me a bit, but with pirating the coffee shops internet as my only source...it takes me a bit sometimes! :)

Will be editing these happy travelers to better accomodate the cause as soon as things settle a bit...Yeah right~As if! :huh:

We have two coins in rememberance in two people Barb and Sue, hope they travel farand wide to help raise awareness of cancer around the world. This is a honor for us to keep good friends in rememberance of the Cancer that takes away the people that mean most to us in our lives. They will be released soon. Good luck to everyone that is taking part in this mission.

Barry and Val

sweetlife

Mountain, WI.

It is a pleasure to support you running this race. I am not a runner so wish you the very best.

It is also an honor to enter this cointest. Today, I rummaged through my coin box, selected a very special coin, activated it and this will be my entry. My coin page is http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1304070 As you can see - the coin has been drilled so both pieces could be hooked together. I am going to dip this coin into the cache which inspired it's name and next Saturday release it into the wild at the Celebrate 2007 - "It Might Be About The Numbers!" event in Maine hosted by Kaching Karen. Thank you for the cointest, good luck to all!

Hi,

So i have been thinking about this and here is my first entry.

TBIMG6Z David's Standard.

It is a silver Hogwild Travel Coin attached to a Scottish Flag Keyring.

It is released in memory of my Uncle who passed in 2006 after a 9 year battle with a seires of brain tumours. He was 2 weeks short of his 38th Birthday.

I have 2 more coins 2 release but they are rather odd and i'm not sure how to link them in to the cancer theme so bear with me.

Thanks a Million,

Ljay

It is a pleasure to support you running this race. I am not a runner so wish you the very best.

It is also an honor to enter this cointest. Today, I rummaged through my coin box, selected a very special coin, activated it and this will be my entry. My coin page is http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1304070 As you can see - the coin has been drilled so both pieces could be hooked together. I am going to dip this coin into the cache which inspired it's name and next Saturday release it into the wild at the Celebrate 2007 - "It Might Be About The Numbers!" event in Maine hosted by Kaching Karen. Thank you for the cointest, good luck to all!

I enjoyed reading about this. Thanks.

How's training going? With weather being so cold and me not able to get to the gym, I'm going to invest in a treadmill soon so I can start training! Woo!

I've been forced indoors :) but going well over all. Are you still giving my proposal some thought :ph34r: I think it'd be fun!

Yep, still giving it some thought :) Just trying to convince my sister to tag along.

I've been pretty busy lately and not much time to spend on the threads here, so will try to get this updated soon.

For those of you interested in a 1-of-a-kind geocoin, check out ebay. I can't list the auction here because it's nontrackable but if you type in Earth Turtle, you'll see what just went up to benefit the Susan G. Komen Foundation Affiliate in Hawaii. Montana doesn't have an affiliate office so I chose Hawaii to recieve the funds because the turtle (Honu) is a very important symbol to 'Natives' there :wacko: If you can afford it, please bid generously, thank you.

:rolleyes: tsun

I hope that your training is on pace .... I have 2 coins that I have activated, but not launched yet. I will send the links once I get my 3rd one activated. I have a particular coin that I want to "start" with this cointest and more importantly this cause.

I hope that all is well with everyone participating in the run and the race.

PSU Fan

Change of Plans

After some thought and with so much going on around April/May and some upcoming plans, I need to change a rule. Sorry in advance for any inconvience.

New deadline to release coins or write your intention to run the race is now: February 22nd, 2008, 5:00 pm Montana time. So if you were planning to enter, you have just under a full week. I know this is very soon but there is a reason for it.

*** For those of you who sent me an email with your coin entries but don't see them posted here on the thread, can you resend them to me or post them here... thanks!

Training is going, lol. Slow but moving along. Thanks to those who write me and ask :blink:

tsun

Change of Plans

After some thought and with so much going on around April/May and some upcoming plans, I need to change a rule. Sorry in advance for any inconvience.

New deadline to release coins or write your intention to run the race is now: February 22nd, 2008, 5:00 pm Montana time. So if you were planning to enter, you have just under a full week. I know this is very soon but there is a reason for it.

*** For those of you who sent me an email with your coin entries but don't see them posted here on the thread, can you resend them to me or post them here... thanks!

Training is going, lol. Slow but moving along. Thanks to those who write me and ask :D

tsun

EEK, I Gotta get my butt in gear :blink:

Hello tsunrisebey

i want to ask if i may joy this cointest when i send a coin at the Netherlands.

Is it alright if i named this coin after a dutch cancer race the roparun. www.roparun.nl

Must i placed the coin 22 febr in a cache or is it allright when i have then the coinpage ready en have the page mentioned by you.

Please answer my guestions snell so i can starded with the page. :D

greetings Geo.Error

Hello tsunrisebey

Is it alright if i named this coin after a dutch cancer race the roparun. www.roparun.nl

Must i placed the coin 22 febr in a cache or is it allright when i have then the coinpage ready en have the page mentioned by you.

greetings Geo.Error

Yes, anyone is welcome to enter this cointest. ;)

tsun

Hello tsunrisebey

greetings Geo.Error

Yes, anyone is welcome to enter this cointest. :D

tsun

Must i place the coin on 22 febr in a cache or it mentioned the coin by you with link enough??

Thanks, it is allright when i take the durch cancer run roparun ;)

Hello tsunrisebey

Please answer my guestions snell so i can starded with the page. ;)

greetings Geo.Error

Yes, anyone is welcome to enter this cointest. :unsure:

tsun

Must i place the coin on 22 febr in a cache or it mentioned the coin by you with link enough??

Thanks, it is allright when i take the durch cancer run roparun :)

The coin only needs to be activated between the start of this cointest and February 22nd. It does not have to be placed in a cache right away. They do need to be placed in caches before the Race day. I hope that explains it a little bit better :lol:

Thanks Tsunrisebey for the quick answer.

The page is ready(see above) and now we making the sheet and find a brand new cache, so the Geo.Error Cancer is Evil coin can spread his message on the cachers.

It is fine that we have sometime to release him, i believe if you release a coin calm, he gets a good journey. :rolleyes:

Thanks for doing this. :D

Btw I hope i can motivite your running. :ph34r:

Steph, you know I'm pulling for you on this and I feel this is a VERY good cause...I just haven't been able to pick a coin or three yet for travel!! I will, I promise!!

Now, how's the legs and the rest of the body feeling? Need a sugar buzz to pick you up?? :rolleyes::D:ph34r:

I'm very much proud of ALL who are joining in the run or participating in other ways, GREAT JOB ALL!!! While my body wouldn't allow me to run (bad on way too many joints in this beaten up old body), I am with all of you in spirit!! Just be careful and don't overdo it!!

For Tsunrisebey :)

Anything is possible ,if you think it is worthwhile.

If you're willing to go the distance, to go the extra mile.

With derermination and effort, you can often achieve more.

Because you don't always get what you wish, but what you work for.

Dreams can become challenging, but no matter what the cost.

Strive to complete the task before you, and you'll never end up lost.

So bring with your goals, and leave your doubts behind.

Whether you think you can or can't, you certain wil find.

You'll be right either way__ so never quit, and this is why:

You'll never become a failure, until you fail to try. :unsure:

WE BELIEVE IN YOU :laughing:

Writer: Melissa Underwood

Edited by Geo.Error

For Tsunrisebey :laughing:

Anything is possible ,if you think it is worthwhile.

If you're willing to go the distance, to go the extra mile.

With derermination and effort, you can often achieve more.

Because you don't always get what you wish, but what you work for.

Dreams can become challenging, but no matter what the cost.

Strive to complete the task before you, and you'll never end up lost.

So bring with your goals, and leave your doubts behind.

Whether you think you can or can't, you certain wil find.

You'll be right either way__ so never quit, and this is why:

You'll never become a failure, until you fail to try. :)

WE BELIEVE IN YOU :unsure:

Writer: Melissa Underwood

:) Thank you Geo.Error

To All: Last day to activate a coin and post the link to your coin page here or send it via email to me and I'll update this thread late this weekend for all cointest entries. Anything activated after today will not be a valid cointest entry but it will be appreciated none-the-less :D

tsun

Hello everyone,

This Coin of us will go along with this mission.

Geo.Error Cancer is Evil coin

We hope to reach everyone to inform them of this goal. :P

In the description of the coin we say that this is a race coin in the hope that this coin will travel faster. :o

The Geo.Error cancer is Evil is place in a cache, we hope he will spread his word fast , so people now what Roparun is and then they maybe donate this good cause. :o

Thanks for this great idea Tsunrisebey, It feels good to do something for a good cause. :)

It makes me happy. :)

jennyae7.jpg

This is tagged and ready to go. I'll be releasing it most likely tomorrow when we go to a larger city that has some caches available that aren't under snow and slush!

In the memory of my cousin, Jenny, gone way too soon and left too many who loved her behind!

Naomi :o

Thanks for the submission, that counts as a 'unofficial' entry due to being activated in Sept. 07 but thanks much for sharing :o

Couple more hours and then this entries close.

jennyae7.jpg

This is tagged and ready to go. I'll be releasing it most likely tomorrow when we go to a larger city that has some caches available that aren't under snow and slush!

In the memory of my cousin, Jenny, gone way too soon and left too many who loved her behind!

Naomi :o

Thanks for the submission, that counts as a 'unofficial' entry due to being activated in Sept. 07 but thanks much for sharing :o

Couple more hours and then this entries close.

Ohhh bugger! That's what I get for activating my coins when I get them even though I hold on to them!

It's ok, though... Jenny deserves it!

Naomi :P

COINTEST CLOSED! Thanks to all that decided to participate, I have a little surprise for you :wub:

tsun

Hey i love :wub: suprises.

Is the suprise that you have run 5 miles and you have made it and you still can breath. :wub:

Good for you.

I have seen on the website that you may also walk the 5 miles, that was also alright for me. :wub:

Do not injure your self much that is not healthy and i means that you than can not cache and that is not good because caching is good for your mind. :wub:

Btw i am going regular post here and every time i post means that is motivition for your train to run (or Walk ;) )

I am going be your coach :wub: and i hope you like me as your coach. :blink:

greetings

Motivation Quotes. :D

Do a little more each day than you think you possible can :D

There's a difference between interest and commitment.

When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it is convenient.

When you're committed to something you accept no excuses; only results. :(

If you can still think, you are not dead

And if you're not dead,

You can keep going. :P

Have a nice sunday :P

I know it's too late for the cointest, but if you don't mind, I still would like to post this coin here. I was waiting on coins that still haven't arrived, but decided to go ahead and release my pathtag sherpa to help promote your run and the Race for the Cure. I attached my sister's photo (good idea, mousekakat!) and included "discovery tags" to encourage people logging the coin and tag to find more info.

89fefeb6-a1a2-4f18-bd7f-2dfdfae1f2e6.jpg

Coke's "Race for the Cure" Sherpa #TB1MGJ1

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1124156

Edited by bflylady

I know it's too late for the contest, but if you don't mind, I still would like to post this coin here. I was waiting on coins that still haven't arrived, but decided to go ahead and release my pathtag sherpa to help promote your run and the Race for the Cure. I attached my sister's photo (good idea, mousekakat!) and included "discovery tags" to encourage people logging the coin and tag to find more info.

Another great memorial! So many touched by the disease. Race for the Cure or your local Relay for Life - please remember to support these efforts, Just like diabetes awareness - all these illnesses and diseases are worthy of our support.

Cache on, cache proud, cache strong and believe!

I know it's too late for the contest, but if you don't mind, I still would like to post this coin here. I was waiting on coins that still haven't arrived, but decided to go ahead and release my pathtag sherpa to help promote your run and the Race for the Cure. I attached my sister's photo (good idea, mousekakat!) and included "discovery tags" to encourage people logging the coin and tag to find more info.

A lovely woman and a wonderful tribute, all topped off with a really nice set of coins!

I think the photos make the coins really, really speak... they give the disease a face and a name...

I hope that they find the cure!

Tsun, I am personally gonna send you some nutella all the way from Sweden and some other goodies.... as soon as you're done training ;)

Naomi :laughing:

Hard to believe, but I had some Nutella with my breakfast! I think Tsun should train WITH Nutella; it's gotta be good for you, right? Mmmmaybe not if it tastes that good.

Yeah, that's what I thought when I saw your post, mousekakat; pictures put a face with the disease. It will soon be 1 year since Coke died and I'm so glad for her presence in our lives, but we sure do miss her.

Edited by bflylady

Boy I just got my coins off on the 2nd! I bought a laminator and then spent like 4 hours trying to shrink down that darn info sheet...Well I finally got it and drilled labled and have officially dropped my 3 racers! :D ... Sure wanted them released sooner, but thought it was important to have these labled unlike the rest of my coins I have sent traveling that have either came up missing or are being held hostage :)

I even found a Breast cancer bracelet that I attached to my RFJ v2 in a cache!

I hope they travel well!

Sorry I havent been around T-Sun! ~~~~More to come :D

I'm sorry to report that my coin "Remembering Anna Rose" has been reported missing. It was a Compass Rose Coin that I drilled 8 holes in and attached a large laminated card to, clearly stating the mission. It had travelled 1888.9 miles west. I have changed the name to "STOLEN COIN" in the hope that the person holding it will re-release it.

I have had a number of other coins and TBs go missing, but this one really bothers me.