MISSION: Birthday Mission 2008

~tasia~

Just wondering ~ about putting another MISSION together....

Birthdays 2009. In 4 or 6 sub-mission group.... or maybe just do the first two months, and hand it over to someone to do the next two etc....

But don't want to tread on the toes of anyone who is already considering this......

I seem to have a knack for missions (It's the accountablity of the accountant training....... plus the marketing, plus the theming etc that is part & parcel of me!)

There are others out there too, though who do an excellent job....

Any takers?

Edited by Butterfly_lady

I (Mrs usyoopers) was hoping a package would have arrived while we were gone on vacation...my birthday was 2 weeks ago and no presents for me :)

It is now over 3 months since my birthday....looks like no mission is coming for me. :)

THERE IS A MISSION COMING FOR YOU, AS I HAVE STATED IN THE E-MAILS I HAVE SENT YOU. IT IS ALL PACKED UP AGAIN, AND WILL BE SENT OUT, AGAIN, TOMORROW AFTERNOON. I WILL E-MAIL YOU THE TRACKING NUMBER TOMORROW NIGHT.

Baby Puzzle

E-Mail Sent: Yes (sorry forgot the date)

Name Received: Yes (sorry forgot the date)

Mission Received: Yes, Thank you FairyHoney

Mission Sent: Tomorrow, but it is going overseas, will take awhile to get there.

BABY ZANDER LOVED HIS VERY PACKED BOX FROM FAIRYHONEY!

He got:

3 coins, (blue piggy bank, a vote coin and a astrological sign coin)

a bag of Hershey's kisses

3 books

a Ty Rainbow Bear (as we call it)

a Ty Stuffed Little Man (again, thats what we call it)

a Thomas the Tank Video

a spoon and fork.

I am not the best at posting photos, so if you can't see these, feel free to go to :

http://community.webshots.com/album/563939...security=lXcivS

2663386060100694593YybnQJ_th.jpg

2276435010100694593nzqYSN_th.jpg

2171509840100694593SrPOfn_th.jpg

2191512080100694593ovvpKP_th.jpg

2304714510100694593ceHnvW_th.jpg

Birthdays 2009. In 4 or 6 sub-mission group.... or maybe just do the first two months, and hand it over to someone to do the next two etc....

But don't want to tread on the toes of anyone who is already considering this......

I seem to have a knack for missions (It's the accountablity of the accountant training....... plus the marketing, plus the theming etc that is part & parcel of me!)

Any takers?

Bump~ anyone interested in running a Birthday Mission in 2009.

Or shall I go ahead with my idea?

Any takers?

Sure, Go For It :rolleyes:

Any takers?

Maybe you should email ~tasia~ before you "go ahead"...since this was originally her mission/idea...just to make sure she was not already planning a b-day mission for 2009. :rolleyes:

I (Mrs usyoopers) was hoping a package would have arrived while we were gone on vacation...my birthday was 2 weeks ago and no presents for me :D

It is now over 3 months since my birthday....looks like no mission is coming for me. :D

THERE IS A MISSION COMING FOR YOU, AS I HAVE STATED IN THE E-MAILS I HAVE SENT YOU. IT IS ALL PACKED UP AGAIN, AND WILL BE SENT OUT, AGAIN, TOMORROW AFTERNOON. I WILL E-MAIL YOU THE TRACKING NUMBER TOMORROW NIGHT.

Just wondering if this made it out in the mail??? :D

I (Mrs usyoopers) was hoping a package would have arrived while we were gone on vacation...my birthday was 2 weeks ago and no presents for me :D

It is now over 3 months since my birthday....looks like no mission is coming for me. :D

Just wondering if this made it out in the mail??? :rolleyes:

...still no reply, guess its still not coming. :D

Well, to the 2 people I still owe missions to, you know who you are, NO THEY HAVE NOT GONE OUT! After my husband's hours were cut, we cut back on a lot of things, then I sent one of the missions out, TWICE (as I wrote the zip wrong BOTH times) then I sent it out a third time and it never made it. I have it ALMOST ready to go. The second is nowhere near going out....and now that I have LOST my job, it will be a wait. I know this SUCKS for the 2 of you who are waiting, but paying my bills HAVE to come first. When I signed up for these in JANUARY, things were GREAT, so it is not like I signed up without having the means to fulfill them. I have sent about 6 other missions this year, ON TIME. I am VERY sorry. When I have sent them out, I will let you know.

Well, to the 2 people I still owe missions to, you know who you are, NO THEY HAVE NOT GONE OUT! After my husband's hours were cut, we cut back on a lot of things, then I sent one of the missions out, TWICE (as I wrote the zip wrong BOTH times) then I sent it out a third time and it never made it. I have it ALMOST ready to go. The second is nowhere near going out....and now that I have LOST my job, it will be a wait. I know this SUCKS for the 2 of you who are waiting, but paying my bills HAVE to come first. When I signed up for these in JANUARY, things were GREAT, so it is not like I signed up without having the means to fulfill them. I have sent about 6 other missions this year, ON TIME. I am VERY sorry. When I have sent them out, I will let you know.

PM sent to you.

grodan Karin

Hang in there, Puzzlefam! The economy is rough all over and bad things happen to good people, sadly enough!

A lot of us never even got our missions or anyone saying that they were responsible for not sending them or why, at least you're trying to do the right thing!

Things will get better soon!

Merry Christmas,

Naomi

Brenda is anxiously awaiting her b-day mission.

She is still waiting...her b-day was a month ago. :shocked:

Puzzlefarm,

Drop me an note via GC profile, we can help with DD birthday mission.

PM sent to you.

grodan Karin

Waiting will soon be over.

Merry Christmas!

grodan Karin

The other birthday mission of puzzlefam will be send on monday.

( I ran out of intercontinental stamps, so i'll be buying some new ones :ph34r: )

The trading went well and the mailmen were working at high speed.

From this point a belated happy birthday for the receiver and I hope for the puzzlefam a better turn in their life in 2009!

Brenda is anxiously awaiting her b-day mission.

She is still waiting...her b-day was a month ago. :D

Puzzlefarm,

Drop me an note via GC profile, we can help with DD birthday mission.

Brenda opened her b-day box…she was thrilled with everything...a bunch of beanies, a nerds coin, and some geoswag and pins. She collects the nerds coins, so that was an excellent one to send her. Her favorite gift was the Ty inchworm. When she was little, my dad had the small version of the worm that he kept in his computer room. Each time we would visit, she would try to borrow it from him. She would take it home; I would make her return it…this cycle went on and on. When he passed away a couple of years ago, the little inchworm came to live with us permanently. This much bigger version has already claimed its place on her bed. I don’t think that you could’ve sent a more perfect gift to her. Thanks Finding Irish 4…you REALLY made her day!

Brenda opened her b-day box…she was thrilled with everything ........

I don’t think that you could’ve sent a more perfect gift to her.

Thanks Finding Irish 4…you REALLY made her day!

I must bow out, the credit goes to Queenie-Boo-Bay and Fredhead.

The items were theirs, they organized, they wrapped, and they packed.

I just drove to the Post Office.

We are happy to hear Brenda liked the package. :D

My long waited for Birthday Mission arrived today!! grodin & fiabus went out of their way to make sure I had a very nice late Birthday!! Thanks so very much for your generosity and kindness!! :laughing:

So, I went to the post office expecting nothing but bills and here was this very full mailer. I very quickly opened it up and found it full of little wrapped packages. Somehow I stopped myself...I must wait and take pictures.....

Look at all the packages!...

b3c11642-7a31-4fe0-9030-7c4585d1e824.jpg

That done, I tore into all them little packages...An angel necklace with Augusts Birthstone, 2 packages of really cool candles, Lindt truffles, a magnet with daisy's painted on it, And goodness....the coins!- A grodin & fiabus cat (that is really cute) and their pathtag too!, a Kansas Sunshine, a Las Vegas Benchmark coin (we have cached in Las Vegas a couple of times so that one is very special to us) and an Appalachian Trail coin (the other yooper has always wanted to hike part of that, now he really wants to get there!) Going into our gallery and printing off pictures for the card finished the package- that was really cool!

Here are the goodies-

6a56c1de-2894-4ada-bcb7-a11ad48727eb.jpg

Thanks so much Karin, you made my Birthday complete! :laughing::wub::wub:

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO grodan & fiabus for fulfilling my mission to usyoopers. That was VERY sweet of you to do for me as well for usyoopers.

To usyoopers: I am VERY SORRY you had to wait SO long. When we signed up for these missions, life was good. Now its a bit stressful, but moving towards good again. I still plan on sending you an "extra" mission as soon as we can! Thank you for understanding!

Update:

Jesse (Little Mr Puzzle) received his mission from Switzerland. He loved the knife, chocolate, coins and the post card which he had framed and is on his wall.

He sent his mission out 2 weeks ago and have not heard if it made it there.

That's great!!! It seem to have taken lots of time to arrive! But most important to me is that Jesse liked all the stuff :laughing:

I am still waiting for my mission but I refuse giving up hope.

:D TA DA . . . It came 23 JAN 09 - just waited for the pics :)

Small bump again.

I have send a mission sometime ago now. I have send 2 packages on the same day to the US and the other has been received 2 weeks ago.

Any receiving news????

Before:

afterChristmas002.jpg

After:

afterChristmas004.jpg

THANK YOU Millieballon for stepping in . Even though my birthday was October 14, I Never gave up .

:D:D:laughing:

( Did I saw - THANK YOU ! ! !

Lucky me! Wonderful incoming mission.

At the end of 2008, I volunteered to exchange a last minute mission with CraftHouse Cachers in the UK.

Three girls in December, and I received a package for last weekend! (Note - this is NOT the 2009 Birthday Mission.)

The girls individually made a card each, and I also received three lovely butterflies, three birthday parcels....

3254234681_497a99e9ab.jpg

The chocolate did not last ...... mmmmmmmmmm

3254234689_bfa442833b.jpg

3254234695_1dbf39b2b2.jpg

I can't edit the photos at the moment due to computer problems.... working on hubby's computer and he has the wrong editor loaded.... so I'll take a risk on that #

THANK YOU for such a WONDERFUL mission!

Edited by Butterfly_lady