MISSION: Birthday Mission 2008

~tasia~

ugh!

I need to frequent the forums more often. I was going to do this a few weeks ago, and then I started my 2nd job around the same time so I had to work the entire weekend. I promise that all of the mission names will be sent out by Sunday night, and the people whose birthdays are going to be late, I will be sending out a little extra something for you.

I will try to get as many people paired up tonight as possible, so we can get the missions started!

Unfortunately, I did not receive my mission until now. Did anybody receive his or her mission?

Edited by die_anita
ugh!

I need to frequent the forums more often. I was going to do this a few weeks ago, and then I started my 2nd job around the same time so I had to work the entire weekend. I promise that all of the mission names will be sent out by Sunday night, and the people whose birthdays are going to be late, I will be sending out a little extra something for you.

I will try to get as many people paired up tonight as possible, so we can get the missions started!

Let's NOT, please, forget ALL of those who have YET to receive anything from the last quarter... :o:blink::D

CF30

ugh!

Let's NOT, please, forget ALL of those who have YET to receive anything from the last quarter... :o:blink::D

CF30

2nd that!

The other yooper hasn't gotten his mission yet.

I haven't got my person's name/mission for the last birthday quarter yet either. Maybe tasia hasn't managed to get them sorted out yet (with her new job etc), it must take a lot of time and organising....I keep worring just in case (unbeknown to me) my spam filter has gobbled up the email. :huh:

Ali

I haven't got my person's name/mission for the last birthday quarter yet either. Maybe tasia hasn't managed to get them sorted out yet (with her new job etc), it must take a lot of time and organising....I keep worring just in case (unbeknown to me) my spam filter has gobbled up the email. :laughing:

Ali

I'm so sorry, I had everyone matched up and the info ready to send on my husband's computer. Well his motherboard fried and I've lost all my information. I've worked every day since then, and we leave tomorrow when I get out of work to go to the CoinFest.

I don't know what I should do. Do you mind getting them late if I can do it when we get back from vacation? Do I need to have someone else handle the last quarter?

This second job thing sucks, but with the economy, we've got to do what we need to to get by.

1. Participating - yes

2. Received Name - yes

3. Mission Sent - yes

4. Birthday Arrived - yes, and well before my birthday, too!

I have been away from my house for more than a month now working on my research, but am now back and can update my mission information! Thanks to Butterfly_lady for making my birthday AND my return to civilization very special and fun!

2944687612_ed9e5a8403.jpg2944687700_16e9dc36b2.jpg2944687818_406027f4c7.jpg2944687914_3f8ec1fe61.jpg

I haven't got my person's name/mission for the last birthday quarter yet either. Maybe tasia hasn't managed to get them sorted out yet (with her new job etc), it must take a lot of time and organising....I keep worring just in case (unbeknown to me) my spam filter has gobbled up the email. :laughing:

Ali

I'm so sorry, I had everyone matched up and the info ready to send on my husband's computer. Well his motherboard fried and I've lost all my information. I've worked every day since then, and we leave tomorrow when I get out of work to go to the CoinFest.

I don't know what I should do. Do you mind getting them late if I can do it when we get back from vacation? Do I need to have someone else handle the last quarter?

This second job thing sucks, but with the economy, we've got to do what we need to to get by.

Well, I understand u have a lot to do, but I´d really appreciate if u would answer on PMs or something... As it looks like, there are quite a few people from the 3rd quarter who did not receive anything and there still is no word as to who should have sent those...

I have been waiting weeks for an answer...

Well, I understand u have a lot to do, but I´d really appreciate if u would answer on PMs or something... As it looks like, there are quite a few people from the 3rd quarter who did not receive anything and there still is no word as to who should have sent those...

I've attempted to contact Tasia through email multiple times. She responded in September that she would check on the status of the birthday mission that we are missing from Q3. I sent another email to follow up a few weeks ago as no response had been received.

While I realize that computer problems happen and life often intrudes into our fun times I've hit my limit. I feel embittered and frustrated by the lack of communication and the lack of follow through by the person responsible for the mission.

Tasia, thank you for trying to do something fun for the community but it looks like this one has just jumped the tracks.

To the cacher in New Zealand who had the mission for DBSO Monkey (From JULY)...know that your lack of honor in completing the mission has made for a very sad monkey.

With the other Monkey's birthday just over two weeks away with no names for Q4 yet we are going to withdraw from participating any further.

Best of luck to those who remain...

OK, I'm on sick leave at work until Nov 23, so I'm going to jump in since Tasia is temporily AWOL.

Give me the weekend to work on things and get information in, and I'll get folks matched up for the last quarter.

Send me the normal info, age, b-day, address, caching name, etc, and I'll get you matched up and get the info out, and I'll watch this one through the end like I did with the sunshine mission that I did.

If you are amongst those who didn't receive a mission through the year, please send me an email also stating as such and if you are wanting to give it another shot here this quarter. For those who didn't get a mission earlier in the year I will match you up with someone else who didn't get a mission because you both know what it's like to miss out, so I figure that you both will be very good about sending your missions out to each other ASAP.

For those of you with a guilty conscience, now's your time to get a mission together and send it anonymously to your original recipient, if you want... nothing says you have to reveal who ya are :(

Please send the needed information to me at geocoin.missions@gmail.com and I'll get started on it. I'd like all the information asap, by Sunday night, latest!

Again, though, please be sure that you specifically state that you are a 4th quarter mission or a missing mission. Do so in your subject line, please!

Naomi

OK, I'm on sick leave at work until Nov 23, so I'm going to jump in since Tasia is temporily AWOL.

Give me the weekend to work on things and get information in, and I'll get folks matched up for the last quarter.

Send me the normal info, age, b-day, address, caching name, etc, and I'll get you matched up and get the info out, and I'll watch this one through the end like I did with the sunshine mission that I did.

If you are amongst those who didn't receive a mission through the year, please send me an email also stating as such and if you are wanting to give it another shot here this quarter. For those who didn't get a mission earlier in the year I will match you up with someone else who didn't get a mission because you both know what it's like to miss out, so I figure that you both will be very good about sending your missions out to each other ASAP.

For those of you with a guilty conscience, now's your time to get a mission together and send it anonymously to your original recipient, if you want... nothing says you have to reveal who ya are ;)

Please send the needed information to me at geocoin.missions@gmail.com and I'll get started on it. I'd like all the information asap, by Sunday night, latest!

Again, though, please be sure that you specifically state that you are a 4th quarter mission or a missing mission. Do so in your subject line, please!

Naomi

Thx for jumping in, seems to be necessary on ths one... Too bad we do not get the information on who did not send their missions :)

As for me, I am not interested in sending anotherone, as I already sent one and did not receive a thing in return, not even a notice... But thx for the offer of pairing up missing missions...

I'm sorry to hear so many are still missing their b'day missions :anicute:

I remember how dissapointing it was when I didn't get one of mine in another mission.

A cacher, well actually 2 sent me replacement coins and now I feel it's my turn to pay it forward.

Someone will receive one of my and elle´s princesscake coins :D0fae71c0-15c8-4510-88e3-204564d2427c.jpg

Edit:spelling

Edited by Solan109

I'm sorry to hear so many are still missing their b'day missions :anicute:

I remember how dissapointing it was when I didn't get one of mine in another mission.

A cacher, well actually 2 sent me replacement coins and now I feel it's my turn to pay it forward.

Someone will receive one of my and elle´s princesscake coins :D0fae71c0-15c8-4510-88e3-204564d2427c.jpg

Edit:spelling

That is so nice of you Solan!

Is there anyone else that wants to jump in on a replacement b-day mission? The email to send to is in my post above!

Naomi B)

I haven't got my person's name/mission for the last birthday quarter yet either. Maybe tasia hasn't managed to get them sorted out yet (with her new job etc), it must take a lot of time and organising....I keep worring just in case (unbeknown to me) my spam filter has gobbled up the email. :anicute:

Ali

i have contacted the person assigned several times, and have been told that it was on its way, i don't know what else to do, other than to send you a package myself

i just got back from vacation from the CoinFest, and thanks for stepping in Naomi

i have tomorrow off as a vacation day, and I will be spending the entire day catching up with the last 3 quarters making sure who has and had not received a package. As for the 4th, Naomi has that one covered.

Ali

i have contacted the person assigned several times, and have been told that it was on its way, i don't know what else to do, other than to send you a package myself

i just got back from vacation from the CoinFest, and thanks for stepping in Naomi

i have tomorrow off as a vacation day, and I will be spending the entire day catching up with the last 3 quarters making sure who has and had not received a package. As for the 4th, Naomi has that one covered.

Thx, for letting me know, that is all I expected...

Tasia wasn't able to get the 4th quarter names out due to life just getting a bit too busy, so I stepped in and offered to match names.

If there's anyone out there that still wants to join the 4th mission, please send me the needed information here: geocoin.missions@gmail.com and I'll get ya matched up :grin:. You HAVE to send me the info, though, I don't know who had sent their info in to tasia before!

Naomi

Today, although as of this date I have yet to receive my mission or even hear from whoever it is that was assigned to me, I DID receive a lovely, extra special, never-to-leave-my-collection Princesscake Coin from Solan109:

coins490cr.jpgcoins491cr.jpg

Thank you so very much, Solan109! :) You have thoroughly made my day!!! I love the coin & the letter you sent with it. You can bet that when given the chance I will "Pay-It-Forward" too. :santa: Cheers, & Happy Birthday to everyone!

CF30

Just looked back and I see I am too late for this coming quarter. If anyone would like to swap gifts with one of my three girls I'd be very grateful!

I'll happily take part :blink:

I know it's early, but I've got a busy few weeks ahead of me with work and didn't want to risk forgetting or missing a deadline, so I've posted at the same time as the Christmas missions. Both parcels posted today (8th Nov).

i sent out my birthday mission priority mail last week, it should have taken 2 days, three days at the most, but i still haven't heard if it arrived or not.

rsg

Sorry it took so long to post. My son and I came down with a nasty virus last week. Today I was finally coherent enough to enjoy opening the package.

An what a package it was! The Tranquility and PA coins I have been looking for a long time. :D and the other coin, well pictures don't do it justice, very nice.

Maybe if I had all those good chocolate anti-oxidants sooner, I wouldn't have been so sick :D

Thank you so very much RSG!! and LL says thanks for spidey!