MISSION: Birthday Mission 2008

~tasia~

LITTLE MISS PUZZLE (Half Birthday) :D

1. Participating - email sent

2. Received Name: 06/20/2008

3. Mission Sent: 09/03/2008

4. Birthday Arrived 09/07/2008

Little Miss Puzzle is at her dad's until Wednesday, so she will open her pretty heavy box then. We will post photos as well. Just wanted you to know she got it.

I hope her mission made it...haven't seen any posts!

Caitlyn and I never received our joint b-day mission, either, it was from back in May.

Micke received a wonderful one from Steinwälzer that totally made his day.

Hanna's b-day is coming up in December. I hope she fares better than Catie-bug and me!

I haven't heard if my July b-day person, the wife of a cacher, received hers or not.

Naomi :rolleyes:

Mrs. usyoopers

participating- email sent 1-2-08

received name- got it!! 6-22

mission sent- Heading out today 9-15...travel safe!

Birthday arrived-

The other yooper

participating- email sent 1-2-08

received name-

mission sent-

Birthday arrived-

Long wait for us too, Aug. & Oct....so faaar off!....closer now!

1. Participating - email sent - my birthday isn't till Sept. so will have to wait for the rest

2. Received Name - June 20

3. Mission Sent - July 2 (It may not arrive in time but it is mailed, I am little preoccupied with CA fires)

4. Birthday Arrived - No Package yet.

Well I was gone on vacation for my birthday hoping when I arrived home I would have a package, but no package yet for me. It's only a week late. I will keep hoping.

:rolleyes:

CF30's Mission

1. Participating - YES!!! :huh: 01/01/2008

2. Received Name - YES!!! :P 06/20/2008. Now I get to decide what to send them..... :huh:

3. Mission Sent - Yes. :D 08/29/08

4. Birthday Arrived - No. :D After almost a month with no word, no package & no follow up I suspect that it is not coming. I'm thinking of skipping the second mission I signed up for for December & just moving on to the Halloween Mission. Rather disappointed here... :rolleyes:

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Have birthday names been sent out of November yet? Never can keep this all straight. Have not recieved our new recipent for our November birthday yet.

Not yet. I will have those out by the end of the week. I haven't been on the forums for a couple of weeks or so and had forgotten I was going to send out missions on the 15th of this month. Keep sending requests to join up until the 19th.

I have been trying to keep track of who has sent theirs out, but I'm going to go through my entire records and see who has not sent and rec'd their package this weekend.

OK, I am not sure if I received my mission... :)

My birthday was about 2 weeks ago, and I got a strange package about 3 months (!) ago, which cointained a Geocoin Secret Agent coin :laughing::ph34r: and two non-trackable coins from my seeking list, all wrapped in a plain piece of paper on which was written "Happy Birthday" on it, nothing else, the mailer contained nothing more, and the mailer itself had no information who might have been the sender. At that time I had my "Geocacher Birthday", I celebrated one year of geocaching (I even held a cointest for that) so I thought this might have been for that special "Birthday". I posted about it in the Geocoin Secret Agent thread.

I haven't received any other Birthday package until now, so now I start to think that this package might have been my Birthday Mission :D

No matter if this was my Birthday mission or not, thanks again for that little package with some great coins inside!

Life has been extremely trying for us recently. As anyone who has been around for a while knows, we (well, *I*) do a lot of posting in the forums, but I haven't had much time for it, recently. Be that as it may, I finally got our Mission taken care of. I had plenty of time to do it, and (as is my wont) I procrastinated until Life got in the way :)

I do have a concern. In looking over some of the recent posts, I'm seeing some incredible packages being sent and received, with stuff worth far more than two geocoins. I found myself in a really nasty spot; should I try to do the same, even though that is *not* what we signed up for (and for which we aren't quite as able to afford as we were a year ago), or should I just send what the "original contract" called for, and maybe add a personal GC, and hope that the recipients understand? I had to go with the latter option, and I hope it is OK. As nice as it is to send (and receive!) extra stuff, it can put a burden on the rest of us that we might not be able to handle. I can see adding a bag of candy, perhaps, but spending twenty bucks on other stuff, plus the postage, might be raising the bar for the rest of us higher than we can jump. I post this just so folks can get a different perspective on things.

Life has been extremely trying for us recently. As anyone who has been around for a while knows, we (well, *I*) do a lot of posting in the forums, but I haven't had much time for it, recently. Be that as it may, I finally got our Mission taken care of. I had plenty of time to do it, and (as is my wont) I procrastinated until Life got in the way :laughing:

I do have a concern. In looking over some of the recent posts, I'm seeing some incredible packages being sent and received, with stuff worth far more than two geocoins. I found myself in a really nasty spot; should I try to do the same, even though that is *not* what we signed up for (and for which we aren't quite as able to afford as we were a year ago), or should I just send what the "original contract" called for, and maybe add a personal GC, and hope that the recipients understand? I had to go with the latter option, and I hope it is OK. As nice as it is to send (and receive!) extra stuff, it can put a burden on the rest of us that we might not be able to handle. I can see adding a bag of candy, perhaps, but spending twenty bucks on other stuff, plus the postage, might be raising the bar for the rest of us higher than we can jump. I post this just so folks can get a different perspective on things.

For me it would me more important that what you send is looking like a birthday package. Add a birthday card, wrap each coin in gift paper, and you have a nice birthday mission.

Maybe you can find something inexpensive to add, a sticker, something from the dollar store (I don't have much money too and went there too and found lots of cheap stuff there that is great for that purpose, like emergency blankets, little flashlights, fridge magnets, stickers) and for 2 or 3 bucks extra you can make a really great birthday mission.

You really don't need to spend 20 bucks, I guess nobody is expecting such a mission. Use your imagination, and if you do a little bit more than just putting 2 coins in a plain, empty mailer I guess everything is welcome!

I've been the recipient of missions that someone barely put any effort in to and over the top missions, and whereas the over the top missions are really cool and the barely effort missions kind of almost hurt your feelings, the nicest missions I received were missions where someone at least demonstrated that they had taken 20 minutes to "get to know" me a little bit before just dropping a random coin into the bubble mailer and into the mail!

A mission doesn't have to cost an arm, leg, and firstborn to send. A little consideration goes a long way, though, like Steinwälzer said! Wrap the coins, toss in a bit of confetti, a cute card, and a couple of cute little local things like magnets, candy, postcards, etc, and you're good to go!

Now, having said that... Degai, you're welcome to send me another mission any time you want! She went WAY over and beyond with her reverse souvenir mission to me and it was THE most incredible mission I've ever received, hehehe!

Don't let some of the huge missions here put ya off, though. Some folks just really like and have the ability to go over the top. Others like me barely can afford to participate, but give it our best shots anyway, because we enjoy sharing with others. Do the best you can. Put a little heart into it and take a few minutes to try to get to 'know' the person you're sending to a little bit - either by looking at their profile and what kind of caches they like to hit and what coins they already own, or by going to their trading list, or even by reading some of their forum posts. You can learn a lot about a person from doing those little things!

Good luck and enjoy!

Naomi :o

I've been the recipient of missions that someone barely put any effort in to and over the top missions, and whereas the over the top missions are really cool and the barely effort missions kind of almost hurt your feelings, the nicest missions I received were missions where someone at least demonstrated that they had taken 20 minutes to "get to know" me a little bit before just dropping a random coin into the bubble mailer and into the mail!....................

Naomi :)

:o

As an older member of the forums, I would like to respond that with age, sometimes comes experience and maybe a little wisdom.

With age, you know that NOT everyone is the same.

For some, it may be their first mission, and they have not understood the "unspoken & unwritten rules" that others assume.

For some, it may be that they have been sick, had an accident, or some other problem. And they have wanted to still complete the mission - hence the minimum geocoins with no fuss.

There is also mental illness, life's hetic pace, geocaching addiction, and other pressures.

And then there is the reverse.

A pictorial record on the forums of the OTT missions. Which sets up expectations and standards beyond the original intent.

If your feelings are hurt because you got exactly what the mission stated ie. "Two geocoins", then the hurt feelings are yours. The problem is yours, because you have set your expectations high.

Enough said - Let's get on enjoying what life gifts us, and take pleasure in the simple things.

Sweet! I got my mission package ;)

Unfortunately for me, I'm not home and won't be until October 27th :D

But someone at home opened it for me :mad::o Great coins and gifts, usyoopers! Thanks so much. I got a coin from my seeking list and another I'd wanted but not listed yet. How cool is that?! :D

I can't wait to get home and try the bear droppings... :):mad:

I've been the recipient of missions that someone barely put any effort in to and over the top missions, and whereas the over the top missions are really cool and the barely effort missions kind of almost hurt your feelings, the nicest missions I received were missions where someone at least demonstrated that they had taken 20 minutes to "get to know" me a little bit before just dropping a random coin into the bubble mailer and into the mail!

A mission doesn't have to cost an arm, leg, and firstborn to send. A little consideration goes a long way, though, like Steinwälzer said! Wrap the coins, toss in a bit of confetti, a cute card, and a couple of cute little local things like magnets, candy, postcards, etc, and you're good to go!

Now, having said that... Degai, you're welcome to send me another mission any time you want! She went WAY over and beyond with her reverse souvenir mission to me and it was THE most incredible mission I've ever received, hehehe!

Don't let some of the huge missions here put ya off, though. Some folks just really like and have the ability to go over the top. Others like me barely can afford to participate, but give it our best shots anyway, because we enjoy sharing with others. Do the best you can. Put a little heart into it and take a few minutes to try to get to 'know' the person you're sending to a little bit - either by looking at their profile and what kind of caches they like to hit and what coins they already own, or by going to their trading list, or even by reading some of their forum posts. You can learn a lot about a person from doing those little things!

Good luck and enjoy!

Naomi :o

I love putting together missions to send out! What I don't love is sending out more than one mission to the same person for the same mission because they never recieve the first package... or the second... You have to draw the line somewhere. I've sent missions with the minimum number of coins and packages with quite a bit more. Normally they have quite a bit more. I look at seeking lists and forum posts. I check out the persons' profile. I've made trades to get coins for a person's seeking list. I've bought coins for missions. After putting forth the effort to put together a good package, I don't know if it is more disappointing for me or the person who was supposed to be getting a package! Even worse, putting forth so much effort only to get your own package and it is the minimum number AND coins you already have and have listed on your keepers list! That is hurtful. It is as if some coins were just flung in a mailer and sent out.

:o

As an older member of the forums, I would like to respond that with age, sometimes comes experience and maybe a little wisdom.

With age, you know that NOT everyone is the same.

For some, it may be their first mission, and they have not understood the "unspoken & unwritten rules" that others assume.

For some, it may be that they have been sick, had an accident, or some other problem. And they have wanted to still complete the mission - hence the minimum geocoins with no fuss.

There is also mental illness, life's hetic pace, geocaching addiction, and other pressures.

And then there is the reverse.

A pictorial record on the forums of the OTT missions. Which sets up expectations and standards beyond the original intent.

If your feelings are hurt because you got exactly what the mission stated ie. "Two geocoins", then the hurt feelings are yours. The problem is yours, because you have set your expectations high.

Enough said - Let's get on enjoying what life gifts us, and take pleasure in the simple things.

I love putting together missions to send out! What I don't love is sending out more than one mission to the same person for the same mission because they never recieve the first package... or the second... You have to draw the line somewhere. I've sent missions with the minimum number of coins and packages with quite a bit more. Normally they have quite a bit more. I look at seeking lists and forum posts. I check out the persons' profile. I've made trades to get coins for a person's seeking list. I've bought coins for missions. After putting forth the effort to put together a good package, I don't know if it is more disappointing for me or the person who was supposed to be getting a package! Even worse, putting forth so much effort only to get your own package and it is the minimum number AND coins you already have and have listed on your keepers list! That is hurtful. It is as if some coins were just flung in a mailer and sent out.

I hope that neither of you thought I was complaining.

I was just pointing out experiences, not complaining!

Zazth, I can completely understand where you're coming from with sending out multiples and both coming up missing. Have you contacted the recipient to verify the address or let them know what it was that happened?

I guess since two people quoted my last post that it must have come across wrong. My apologies if anyone thought I was complaining, I really wasn't!

Personally, receiving the package is nice, but I really just enjoy hearing from other folks :)

Naomi

DBSO Monkey's birthday mission hasn't been received either. Tasia was going to try to get an update but we haven't heard anything. I too have a feeling that the package wasn't shipped and likely won't be. It's a shame that some people sign up and then don't follow through on their end of the deal. I'm currently debating on if I should drop our second mission for Q4 and just moving on to something else. :ph34r:

DBSO Monkey's birthday mission hasn't been received either. Tasia was going to try to get an update but we haven't heard anything. I too have a feeling that the package wasn't shipped and likely won't be. It's a shame that some people sign up and then don't follow through on their end of the deal. I'm currently debating on if I should drop our second mission for Q4 and just moving on to something else. :unsure:

Ditto. see my post #422... :ph34r:

CF30

DBSO Monkey's birthday mission hasn't been received either. Tasia was going to try to get an update but we haven't heard anything. I too have a feeling that the package wasn't shipped and likely won't be. It's a shame that some people sign up and then don't follow through on their end of the deal. I'm currently debating on if I should drop our second mission for Q4 and just moving on to something else. :unsure:

Ditto. see my post #422... :ph34r:

CF30

probably won´t sign up for any other missions anymore either...

Ah, thanks to Butterfly Lady and Kernow Cachers, I will be in touch!

Opened my gift today and really felt undeserving! I had lots of little boxes of sweeties, some yummy looking chocolate and some lollies. A dragon ornament and pendant, little car, teddy, other little bits and bobs and some really lovely coins: obviously carefully picked for me I received a dragon one and a lovely butterfly that opens up. Also a geogem, I don't think there's been one of those round these parts before so I'm sure local cachers will like to see that. The coins are really lovely and I am sorely tempted to keep hld of them, but I promised myself I would let them travelk so I will.

I also received a tiny little Dutch shoe, Lorca NL's sig item - very spooky because today, for the first time in my whole life, I actually saw a person walking around in a pair of those wooden shoes!

Thankyou very much for my lovely present, I've had a great day and your gift to me was the icing on the cake Lorca!

Your welcom and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU :P

Completely forgot to update things :)

1. Participating - YES

2. Received Name - YES

3. Mission Sent - YES, although later than I should have, but I'm hoping it got there in time for the Unbirthday Party.

4. Birthday Arrived - Yes it did, and nothing has come yet, but I'm not worried about it. I mention this only because ~tasia~ probably wants to know. If nothing comes, I won't be upset, as I had fun trying to find good coins to send off :D

BTW: I appreciated all the comments to my post a while back about "Great Expectations". Some good stuff in there: thanks, folks!

chaosmanor

1. Participating - email sent - my birthday isn't till Sept. so will have to wait for the rest

2. Received Name - June 20

3. Mission Sent - July 2 (It may not arrive in time but it is mailed, I am little preoccupied with CA fires)

4. Birthday Arrived - Birthday arrived Sept 7

My birthday was 3 weeks ago and still no package. Yes, I am disappointed, seems everyone forgot my birthday my other half, my son and mission person. Hey does this mean I am not a year older. :):D

Have birthday names been sent out of November yet? Never can keep this all straight. Have not recieved our new recipent for our November birthday yet.

Not yet. I will have those out by the end of the week. I haven't been on the forums for a couple of weeks or so and had forgotten I was going to send out missions on the 15th of this month. Keep sending requests to join up until the 19th.

I have been trying to keep track of who has sent theirs out, but I'm going to go through my entire records and see who has not sent and rec'd their package this weekend.

Any update on who did ad did not receive their package? Or more important who did not send it out?

1. Participating - Yes (email sent for last quarter of the year).

2. Received Name -

3. Mission Sent -

4. Birthday Arrived -

It just dawned on me this morning that I haven't received a name (or at least I don't think I have) for the last quarter........does anybody know if they've been sent out yet? Thought I'd better check and make sure, just in case I've accidentally binned the email from tasia :D:)

Birthday mission 1 grodan

1. Participating - Yes email sent but birthday is in september

2. Received Name - yes june 18

3. Mission Sent - yes july 13, it should arrive in time I hope it did

4. Birthday Arrived - yes sept 1

I received a nice envelope with a very nice homemade card and alot of goodies. Two loggable tags :laughing: an earbitten bunny, MWGB personal, a MWGBparrot, a geoswag anniversary, a attendedcointhing, a St.Patricksleaf and a holiday leaf. Have to look up some of those coins when activating them, have never seen two of those.

All very nice. Thank you so much Sweetlife I would have waited until sept 19 but I didn´t thought of the birthdaymission. So I was curious on the content and had to get it open.

Birthday mission 2 fiabus

1. Participating - Yes email sent but unbirthday is in september

2. Received Name - yes, june 20

3. Mission Sent - yes, august 27 , received

4. Birthday Arrived - yes, sept 30.

A package came with three lovely coins. Actually all three were wanted ones, I didn´t have a geojellie2 before! We will drop the geotag in a cache as soon as possible.

Thank you for taking time and seek our list and finding great coins to send!!

Thank you very much chaosmanor!!

Our missions have both been received. The ones we sent out has also been received.

Thank you for holding this mission tasia.

grodan Karin

Edited by grodan & fiabus

It just dawned on me this morning that I haven't received a name (or at least I don't think I have) for the last quarter........does anybody know if they've been sent out yet? Thought I'd better check and make sure, just in case I've accidentally binned the email from tasia :laughing::laughing:

I put in for two missions for the fourth quarter (one for me and one for my son) have not received a mission name for either.... :D

It just dawned on me this morning that I haven't received a name (or at least I don't think I have) for the last quarter........does anybody know if they've been sent out yet? Thought I'd better check and make sure, just in case I've accidentally binned the email from tasia :laughing::laughing:

I put in for two missions for the fourth quarter (one for me and one for my son) have not received a mission name for either.... :D

The other yooper has his birthday in this last quarter, we haven't gotten a mission name yet either :(

It just dawned on me this morning that I haven't received a name (or at least I don't think I have) for the last quarter........does anybody know if they've been sent out yet? Thought I'd better check and make sure, just in case I've accidentally binned the email from tasia :D<_<

The other yooper has his birthday in this last quarter, we haven't gotten a mission name yet either :laughing:

I signed up too for the last quarter and didn't receive a name until today :laughing:

We are actually waiting for 3 names for the last quarter! Maybe we were kicked out for sending out our last one SO late. :D In my defense, I DID e-mail the person and let them know of my failure to write a zip code correctly (TWICE!)! (UGH!) :)

Edited by puzzlefam

ugh!

I need to frequent the forums more often. I was going to do this a few weeks ago, and then I started my 2nd job around the same time so I had to work the entire weekend. I promise that all of the mission names will be sent out by Sunday night, and the people whose birthdays are going to be late, I will be sending out a little extra something for you.

I will try to get as many people paired up tonight as possible, so we can get the missions started!

ugh!

I need to frequent the forums more often. I was going to do this a few weeks ago, and then I started my 2nd job around the same time so I had to work the entire weekend. I promise that all of the mission names will be sent out by Sunday night, and the people whose birthdays are going to be late, I will be sending out a little extra something for you.

I will try to get as many people paired up tonight as possible, so we can get the missions started!

Well, Welcome back AND CONGRATULATIONS on your new job :santa: .

( I hope my e-mail got to you with my info :rolleyes: )

ugh!

No worries! We know these are not easy to run, especially with so many people in it! THANKS FOR DOING IT!