3. Mission Sent -

4. Birthday Arrived -

Birthday mission 2 fiabus

1. Participating - Yes email sent but unbirthday is in september

2. Received Name - yes, june 20

3. Mission Sent -

4. Birthday Arrived -

This seems fun. Long time to wait.

Now I got two names. Than you tasia for hosting this.

grodan karin

I'm thinking about doing this again next year, only this time, using the date that you started geocaching as your 'birthday'.

We'd do it every 4 months (Jan - April, May - August, and Sept - Dec). Also taking people that have missed their deadline in the next time slot (if they don't mind getting their package later), for the people that find the forums after their deadline has passed.

What does everyone think?

I'm thinking about doing this again next year, only this time, using the date that you started geocaching as your 'birthday'.s What does everyone think?

Sounds like fun! But I started caching in the same month that my birthday is in so no big change for me! LOL :angry:

CF30

So did I... i wonder how many others have started in the same month as their Bday?

I'm thinking about doing this again next year, only this time, using the date that you started geocaching as your 'birthday'.s What does everyone think?

Sounds like fun! But I started caching in the same month that my birthday is in so no big change for me! LOL :angry:

CF30

So did I... i wonder how many others have started in the same month as their Bday?

Hmmm, the thing about doing the month you started caching..would it be one date per team? We are a family of five and signed up for 7 missions with this. (Each of our birthdays the the two older kids' half birthdays) Five missions in one month would get pricey. We would still sign up (this was fun) but I thought I would give some feedback.

THANKS!

Edited by puzzlefam

to my mystery person, thank you very much for my pressie...

The postage was bought on stamps.com so i can't even tell you what state they were from!

I got a groovy looking wild light Frog, Muggle Stones, a small Bison tube (not sure what i am meant to do with that, someone said MICRO???)

i also got a Black Glitter Jangor Kitty and a cachedragons personal.

thank you very much.

there was also an "I Found It" button but i can't wear it cos i'd be lying (See Inept Coin Post)

Thanks for the lovely Gift and

HAPPY Birthday to me!!!

98789a31-3a13-4975-b6fe-9aa85251f75c.jpg

Today is my birthday, and after a long day I can home to a large box in my mailbox!!!

Yeah!!

First I opened the card :laughing: A musical card with a polar bear. Very cool!

Next i pulled out another package, It was a tie-dyed Groovy Caching Shirt. Thank You!

In with the shirt were some snacks :D YUM!!!

Next out of the box was a water bottle. Very nice!

Then a padded envelope. Inside there was a velvet pouch, containing.....A Pocket Decoder!!!! and an extra different insert!

If that wasn't enough there was still another box inside

In that box was a bunch more little wrapped packages!!

A Message in a bottle coin

An Idaho Spud GeoJellie (V3)

A Cache-Aid Coin (AE i think)

A Pirate Sword Coin and extra sword

A Mr. Stone Face Tiki !!!

And.......

A LoriDarlin V2 coin

THANK YOU THANK YOU

You went so above and beyond I don't know what to say. You are awesome!!

I will try to take some pictures, but it is almost 1am already, so they will have to wait till tomorrow. But i really wanted to get on tonight and post a thank you.

THANK YOU THANK YOU

Today is my birthday, and after a long day I can home to a large box in my mailbox!!!

Yeah!!

First I opened the card :laughing: A musical card with a polar bear. Very cool!

Next i pulled out another package, It was a tie-dyed Groovy Caching Shirt. Thank You!

In with the shirt were some snacks :D YUM!!!

Next out of the box was a water bottle. Very nice!

Then a padded envelope. Inside there was a velvet pouch, containing.....A Pocket Decoder!!!! and an extra different insert!

If that wasn't enough there was still another box inside

In that box was a bunch more little wrapped packages!!

A Message in a bottle coin

An Idaho Spud GeoJellie (V3)

A Cache-Aid Coin (AE i think)

A Pirate Sword Coin and extra sword

A Mr. Stone Face Tiki !!!

And.......

A LoriDarlin V2 coin

THANK YOU THANK YOU

You went so above and beyond I don't know what to say. You are awesome!!

I will try to take some pictures, but it is almost 1am already, so they will have to wait till tomorrow. But i really wanted to get on tonight and post a thank you.

THANK YOU THANK YOU

Lori, you outdid yourself again girl. I am so glad to see you helped makes someone birthday be even more special. Happy Birthday Dave and many more to come!

Valarie and Barry of sweetlife

LITTLE MISS PUZZLE (Half Birthday) ;)

1. Participating - email sent

2. Received Name: June 20

3. Mission Sent:

4. Birthday Arrived:June 30 (I THINK)

Well a package arrived today for Little Miss Puzzle. She is at her dad's until Wednesday, so it'll have to sit until then. The thing is, her half birthday isn't until September, so I wasn't sure if it was from this mission or not. It doesn't say who its from. BUMMER! It came from NY, NY. We would love to know who sent it to thank them and also to make sure it was from this mission!

THANKS! Will put photos on line when shes open it. I won't be able to post them here on the forum, (I have no idea how to do that. HELP!) I will put them on our webshots page, and post the link.

2. Received Name - Yes, today - am looking forward to this - Working on this to get it in the mail in time for the birthday - hum, no trading list so I am working through friends........

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

I'm thinking about doing this again next year, only this time, using the date that you started geocaching as your 'birthday'.

We'd do it every 4 months (Jan - April, May - August, and Sept - Dec). Also taking people that have missed their deadline in the next time slot (if they don't mind getting their package later), for the people that find the forums after their deadline has passed.

That is a neat concept. Are you going to go by the date one joined GC.com or the first cache found?

I joined the web site in November 2005 but didn't find my first cache until January of 2006. I was learning and waiting for a GPSr for Christmas. Neither of these months is my birthday.

I will wait to see if this is a go before I decide and also how you are handling the "starting date".

Thanks for doing the mission - these are not easy I am sure.

1. Participating E-mail sent 05-14-08

2. Received Name A short while ago ;)

3. Mission Sent 07/02/2008 a few days early, but better early than late someone in the states keep watching your mailbox B)

4. Birthday Arrived - Hard to wait, but still some time to go....

B) Well my son's half birthday came and went (June 14th) The whole reason we did real birthday AND half birthdays for my kids was because he was upset about having to wait until December for his birthday. My daughter received her birthday mission in March, and her half birthday mission (which wasn't even due until September. Still DYING to know who sent it!). PLEASE OH PLEASE, if you have my son (Little Mr Puzzle) for this mission, do what you signed up to do, or at least contact us to let us know what happened. We understand stuff happens that gets in the way of our commitments. Its just hard to explain that to a kid without having an explanation! ;)

I promise this is my last post (rant) about this.

Edited by puzzlefam

Sounds good to me. I'll be sending my mission in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to getting the package together :angry::D

:D Well my son's half birthday came and went (June 14th) The whole reason we did real birthday AND half birthdays for my kids was because he was upset about having to wait until December for his birthday. My daughter received her birthday mission in March, and her half birthday mission (which wasn't even due until September. Still DYING to know who sent it!). PLEASE OH PLEASE, if you have my son (Little Mr Puzzle) for this mission, do what you signed up to do, or at least contact us to let us know what happened. We understand stuff happens that gets in the way of our commitments. Its just hard to explain that to a kid without having an explanation! :D

There is some mix-up going on with the birthday mission. I've sent an email to ~tasia to try to get some clarity. You see, we were given the September mission for your daughter for her 13.5 birthday...but that package has not been shipped. As a matter of fact it's not even complete and it is sitting in our dining room! :huh:

Something is amiss in the land of birthday missions, hopefully ~tasia will be able to track down any problems and get this straightened out. :)

WooHoo! I received a shoebox in the mail today and had to sign for it, hmmm....I think it may be my birthday mission, am I right?? Whoever with this name of Stefan is the person who sent it is from Germany. I have not opened yet as I am going to wait till my Birthday on the 15th to open it. 8 days to go. I have lots of patience. Only thing tho, then the mail carrier handed me the package it sounds like something in there is broken. OOH I hope not, but I will see in time. I wanted to write a note here and thank You whoever you are and let you know that the package was received here in Wisconsin.

Valarie of sweetlife :D

Oh,the corgi coin is really neat. I'm not in on the mission, but I still like looking at all the great photos. It's fun to check out what others send/receive and I learn a lot by looking up the coins I haven't seen before. Thanks for posting everyone :(

The corgi coin is the Partners in Caching - Carwyn coin

2. Received Name - Yes, today - am looking forward to this - Working on this to get it in the mail in time for the birthday - hum, no trading list so I am working through friends........

3. Mission Sent - ahhh, I am nearly ready to go.....have to get the customs slip ready.......and pack securely......I hope this will hold some surprises! There is a helper who knows who they are! :( I thank you!

4. Birthday Arrived

Well, my b-day was May 22 and still no package :(

I know I was late with Toojin's, but at least I let her know I was around and waiting for her!

Whoever had me, thanks for making my day :)

Naomi :D

I rec'd email back about your mission, they said that they sent it awhile back (must have gotten lost somewhere between US and Sweden). They are in the process of getting another package to you, so hopefully you will get it soon!

I want to apologize for my rant earlier. Apparently my son's mission WAS sent. but it never made it here! I should not have jumped to conclusions! SORRY TO WHOEVER SENT IT! I will surprise him this weekend with something! (He is at the Grand Canyon with his stepmom)

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes, but not in time to get package sent for birthday

3. Mission Sent - Putting together now- Editing to say Mission Sent - Yes :ph34r::D

4. Received very nice note today from recipient. Hope everyone else is successful with their missions, too. :P:D

:( Well my son's half birthday came and went (June 14th) The whole reason we did real birthday AND half birthdays for my kids was because he was upset about having to wait until December for his birthday. My daughter received her birthday mission in March, and her half birthday mission (which wasn't even due until September. Still DYING to know who sent it!). PLEASE OH PLEASE, if you have my son (Little Mr Puzzle) for this mission, do what you signed up to do, or at least contact us to let us know what happened. We understand stuff happens that gets in the way of our commitments. Its just hard to explain that to a kid without having an explanation! :sad:

There is some mix-up going on with the birthday mission. I've sent an email to ~tasia to try to get some clarity. You see, we were given the September mission for your daughter for her 13.5 birthday...but that package has not been shipped. As a matter of fact it's not even complete and it is sitting in our dining room! :)

Something is amiss in the land of birthday missions, hopefully ~tasia will be able to track down any problems and get this straightened out. :D

Ok thats just weird! Its not from her other mission, either! The person who sent it knew she has a travelbug out there trying to collect coins from other countries. (I'm guessing they knew) They sent her a BUNCH of coins from other countries as well as some old ones from the U.S. Don't know who sent it or how they got our address! CREEPY, YET COOL ALL AT THE SAME TIME! :)

My poor son. Its a good thing he is VERY laid back. His sister gets an extra mission! I am going to get him something special this weekend. Think I'll get an Ammo Can and fill'r up! :D

2. Received Name - Yes, today - am looking forward to this

3. Mission Sent - birthday_06.gif Oh yeah, got this baby all packaged up and shipped today. Just couldn't wait - I was soooo excited!

It's going early cause it has a long ride to reach the birthday person and I don't want it to be late........Wonder if they can hold off 'til their birthday to open it - September _??? :anitongue:

4. Birthday Arrived

I think we received ours today :D.

There was a package to Caitlyn and I and it had 2 cool buffalo coin signature items, a really neat buffalo geocoin, some maps for their area, a Black Beauty book that Caitlyn is sharing with Hanna :blink:, a neat horse sticker and coloring book, and a really great board book for Caitlyn that she hasn't put down yet! Hanna is reading Black Beauty right now, too :(

Thank you for the great coins and for figuring out how much Caitlyn (and her sister) love horses!

Naomi :(

WooHoo! I received a shoebox in the mail today and had to sign for it, hmmm....I think it may be my birthday mission, am I right?? Whoever with this name of Stefan is the person who sent it is from Germany. I have not opened yet as I am going to wait till my Birthday on the 15th to open it. 8 days to go. I have lots of patience. Only thing tho, then the mail carrier handed me the package it sounds like something in there is broken. OOH I hope not, but I will see in time. I wanted to write a note here and thank You whoever you are and let you know that the package was received here in Wisconsin.

Well, happy birthday :D

Was your mission broken?

Well, happy birthday :D

Was your mission broken?

Well I found out today who sent me the birthday mission after having to do some researching for names. I waitted to open the box until my birthday. There was broken ceramic everywhere in the box, melted wax from candles, least I got to keep the couple of coins and the tupperware stuff. Thank You much Stefan. Now I know who it is from since there wasnt even a birthday card in there.

I had a nice birthday anyways, and that is all that matters. The birthday wishes from family and friends made it all the better. Stefan least you tried and it is the thought that counts.

Just wanted to post that my mission was received.

Valarie of sweetlife

Edited by sweetlife