MISSION: Birthday Mission 2008

~tasia~

1. Participating -> email sent 27th of februari

2. Received Name -> 25th of March

3. Mission Sent -> Not yet, I still have to wait 3 weeks or so

4. Birthday Arrived -> Recieved yesterday, a week early. In the envelope i found: 2 coins (blue piggybank and a Tadpole glow ( :P ), a DNFpin. a wooden coin, a cachers "badge" and a geocachingbracelet.

Thanks!!

Mission sent -> yesterday!

Mission completed.

Do we get a birthday mission 2009?

ooohhhhh my gooodnessss.....my HUGE box arrived today :blink::laughing::laughing: I saw the mail lady lugging something up the steps and dashed away....I thought to myself "what the heck is that??" so I went outside to investigate what would not fit in the mailbox at the end of our property...boy it is a BIG honkin box decorated with birthday stuff and birthday greetings and a note that says do not open until my birthday!!! well shucks....ok!!!! :D:D:D so here it sits beside my computer for me to daze at and keep me sane while I get ready for GW6. It is my saving grace right now and keeps me focused hehehe Even though I am obeying orders happily....I couldn't help but notice my mystery person went broke at the post office...it cost them a whopping $16.80 to mail it!!! I went and weighed it and it weighs THREE POUNDS!!! holy canoly!!!!

oohhhh just a few more days....the clock is ticking!!! thank you already and I haven't even opened it yet!!

<_<

ps I haven't sent my mission person theirs because theirs is not till next month....so that gives me some more time to try and spoil them...as it seems mine has spoiled me....oh the excitement is building on what the heck is in my HUGE box and I want my mystery person to feel this way too lol

Stay tuned :D:D:D

PS - Being the sleuth that I am...i compared Rooksie's birthday box (Happy Birthday Rooksie!!) to my box...but it appears the writing is different. Hers is in capital letters and mine is not....so maybe not the same person??

Its amazing what a little kid I feel like when I'm going to be too old soon lol :D

unbirthday missions for us!

Mrs. usyoopers

1- participating- email sent 1-6

2- received name- Got it! 1-10

3- mission sent- 3-5...Package going in the mail today for an end of the month Birthday (thats a hint!)

4- Birthday arrived- Yayyyy! My (un) Birthday happened!

A very nice envelope from fam.bergum arrived today. I received their personal coin in nickel (very nice!) and (what a great surprise!! a copper Sepp&Berta Biercoin!!!!, several pins....I will be "The Party Animal!" Thanks very much for my (un) Birthday surprise!!

The other yooper

1- participating- email sent 1-6

2- received name- Got it!! 3-25

3- mission sent-..........going out in the mail today 5-21

4- Birthday arrived- Got it today....4-14

WOW!!!! Can you believe it??!!?? (I can't!) the other yooper got his unbirthday mission from The Highland Geofairy!! ....how cool is that!! The very beautiful #39 coin, those are beautiful words to live by! If that wasn't already enough of a surprise there was also the beautiful gold lilypad coin. Thank you so very much Highland Geofairy for making our unbirthday celebration so special!! :D

It's birthdaytastic round here today with the oldest boy CHC turning six. He had a huge parcel from Bluecherry and Agentsac that took ten minutes to finish opening. I will try to post a picture in a few hours when I can get Jonah to stand still long enough. Thank you so much, it is really kind when people go to so much trouble.

Ness.

I'm so glad that he liked his gift and I hope he is feeling better.

Today I got a GREEN package.

Its my BIRTHDAY Mission !!

Ya-hoo!!! Cool thing is that it arrived on the 21st and my birthday is the 21st.

April's 21st, but isn't it cool that it got here on the 21st!!

And I've gotten anonymous messages all along that helped me know that

my now-not-secret Birthday person was thinking of me.

Life is good!!

I love the little flax angel !! I have to hide it from the cats Immediately !!!

And I must plant the seeds of the beautiful flower soon!

82c6268a-0a89-4bf3-99a3-f7763eca90d3.jpg

So everybody please notice, I took the above picture before diving face first into the chocolate!

And I even took a picture of the handy dandy instructions on how to open the chocolate.

An excellent thing to include especially for people like me who need a 5 year old to open child-proof packages!

c6282dd1-5432-4adb-bd98-aa154c2450f5.jpg

So I had received a message that someone wouldn't trade with me because they had been asked not to

and that I should quit trying to trade for the Rose Window coins.

And I got a message to quit bidding on the lighthouse coin.

And here is why !! Aren't they beautiful?

And such a pretty necklace with a Cacher Tag on it.... I have a special mission for this one!

afa44e12-be54-48e5-9c9d-5b72a51228a5.jpg

I was in tears tonight when I opened my package. Its my secret birthday missions fault!!! :) I am soooo overwhelmed by their generosity I am quite speechless and extremely humble. I have been trying for a half an hour or more to upload to photobucket but its not recognizing my information so i have contacted them. I will keep working on this issue but am not going to say what i received until i can show pictures. I just wanted my special mission friend to know how much they have made my birthday and to thank them from the bottom of my heart. You are just the BEST. Thank you, thank you. I'm sorry my pictures aren't working yet, but thank you more than I can say. Please stay tuned :)

I'm back!! ok, now that I've had a day to recover from the shock of everything my most wonderful mission person sent me...I am ready to speak!!!

Dear Birthday Mission person, thank you for going above and beyond the call of duty to help a fellow geocoiner celebrate her birthday!! My day yesterday was fabulous and you played a big part in it!! Even though I am 29 and holding i felt like a little kid opening all my gifts yesterday and the family got caught up in the moment too!!

And without further stalling....and what everyone waits for....drum roll please....we all love pictures....

Birthdaymission2008-1.jpg

The grand sum of how spoiled rotten my birthday mission person made me!!! I love everything!!

BirthdayMission2008-2.jpg

The ultra cool coins that made my eye balls pop out and instantly reduced me to tears!!! I LOVE THESE COINS!!! My kids don't understand the concept of crying when you are HAPPY!!! They'll learn...just wait till they get girlfriends!!!

BirthdayMission2008-3.jpg

BIG RON super muggle....do you see the gleam in his eye?? trust me its there!! and that was so funny that you sent him that coin. He said "ahhh NOW i like coins!!!"

How did you know that another thing i collect is boyds bears?!! And the name of these "FREEDOM" and "LIBERTY" were the pups names from our momma doggie. Isn't that funny?!!!! Very special!! :) and the stuffed little bear is just too sweet!!

Thank you again for all that you did for me!!!! ;):unsure:

ps I must mention that the pecan brittle was to die for and my whole family has been enjoying it!!!

Edited by LoriDarlin

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

I waited until first thing this morning to open my birthday mission box. This will impress anyone who has seen me around presents!

IMG_1261.jpg

I got Party Poppers, a Wisconsin pin, an age appropriate necklace, a handmade RickBlick & Chick Guided Tour Vehicle (239), AND......

IMG_1283.jpg

Sig Items and Geocoins!!!! OMG, I love these : A Northwoods Keepers wooden plaque, a SadowskiFamily geo-chip (70), Poniatowski Wisconsin Club Member coin, a beautiful Fundamental and Venlis geocoin, a Geocaching - The World is Our Playing Field geocoin (dunno an official name), and last and greatest a Signal Japan geocoin!

All the sig items are just AWESOME and I love these geocoins!!! I am so impressed with everything.

Thank you SO MUCH RickBlick & Chick for the great birthday gifts!!!!!!

I wore the necklace all day and I took a picture of my GeoPup wearing it this evening.

IMG_1309.jpg

Edited by TokyoBlossom

I got my birthday present today all the way from the netherlands. I want to say thank You very much. I enjoyed everything and will try to get pictures up this weekend. However, until then I will just say what I recieved. I got a B-Day card of course, a patch, toy alligator, Rainforest Jewel coin, California micro bear, and a caching seasons coin, ink pen. There was also a very cute magnet on the card. Once Again Thank You

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - YES, March 24

3. Mission Sent - YES, May 20

4. Birthday Arrived - YES, May 03

I hope the recipient of the Birthday Mission I sent received it safely. It was delivered on the 22nd per USPS but he has not been online, thinking he may have gone out of town.

You're very welcome Rooksie, but I don't know how you figured out it was us! LOL

To all those that received packages prior to your birthday and waited to open, I commend you all. With that said, my birthday package arrived yesterday (over a week early) and is already open. As we were driving all day and arrived home 3:30 this morning, very tired and with no will power left to stop us, and nothing on the package saying to wait, I broke down within 10 minutes and opened it.

Balloons, pins, noise maker, a great B'day card and of course geocoins. 4 of them!! All trackable!!

Judging from the postmark and posts in this forum, I think I know who and I'm very grateful, especially for the fantastic 'Geocaching Element' geocoin. Wish I could post pics, but I haven't replaced Tammy's camera yet. Thank yoo, thank yoo, thank yoo neighbors to the north!!

Will this mission continue next year.....

As a February caterpillar, I missed out on this one, but would love to participate, even contributing in months before Feb.

I may continue this again next year, as people join the forums at different times. I may stretch it out to 4 months instead of every 3, and match people up just 3 times.

On a side note, I will be emailing missions on June 16th for Bdays in July, August and September. So if you have a birthday in those months but haven't signed up yet, please sent an email by the 15th so I have a little time to organize the names & addresses.

Still looking for Caitlyn and my shared mission to arrive, BUT, I've got a feeling I know who sent it and I'm fairly sure it's on the way.... If the person who sent it is the one who sent me the 2 great e-cards that made me laugh so much, then I know it's on the way.

If that's not you and you sent it a while back, I still haven't gotten it!

Naomi :)

Two of us monkeys are in...

Birthday Mission One (DBSO Monkey)

1. Participating - Yes, email sent 6/7/08

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

Birthday Mission Two (Big Eared Monkey)

1. Participating - Yes, email sent 6/7/08

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

Birthday mission 1

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - yes

3. Mission Sent - yes

4. Birthday Arrived - yes

Birthday mission 2

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - yes

3. Mission Sent - yes

4. Birthday Arrived - no

Today is my birthday and I received mission #1 just in time ;)

It´s a great B´day present, thank you.

* I like coins,especially with animals on

*I need a new cache box for my new mystery cache

*I drink tea, this will be a new one for me

* Marmaite ;) Haven´t tried it since I used to hang out with the Australians in London

*New recipes to try out

*A soft toy (keyring)

* A pen with a brittish flag

*Teatowel

*Viewcards

*Mustard

THANK YOU :o

7b81c76b-fe31-4307-ba79-301a6b07cbaf.jpg

Edited by Solan109

MR PUZZLE :o

1. Participating - email sent

2. Received Name:

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

MRS PUZZLE :D

2. Received Name: March 24

3. Mission Sent: April 11

4. Birthday Arrived: June 11

LITTLE MISS PUZZLE (Real Birthday) :D

2. Received Name: January 9

3. Mission Sent: Febuary 7

4. Birthday Arrived February 11

LITTLE MR PUZZLE (Half Birthday Mission) :D

2. Received Name: March 24

3. Mission Sent April 11th

4. Birthday Arrived

BABY PUZZLE :D

2. Received Name:

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

THANKS WOODLAND CLAN! IT WAS A JOY TO GET MY PACKAGE TODAY! I WILL POST PHOTOS LATER! WE HAVE A GREAT PLAN FOR THE KANSAS COIN! GOING TO TRY TO GET IT TO VISIT YOU!

Mrs Puzzle

PengoBeky's Birthday mission arrived 2 weeks ago. Sorry for being soooo slow for posting in the forums. Here are pictures of her Bitrthday mission. She is turning 6. Thanks soooo much Wolf Pack for spoiling her!!

BirthdayMission001.jpg

BirthdayMission002.jpg

(Blair is holding the dog...LOL He's not flying through the air.)

BirthdayMission003.jpg

BirthdayMission004.jpg

BirthdayMission005.jpg

BirthdayMission006.jpg

PengoBeky's Birthday mission arrived 2 weeks ago. Sorry for being soooo slow for posting in the forums. Here are pictures of her Bitrthday mission. She is turning 6. Thanks soooo much Wolf Pack for spoiling her!!

BirthdayMission001.jpg

BirthdayMission002.jpg

(Blair is holding the dog...LOL He's not flying through the air.)

BirthdayMission003.jpg

BirthdayMission004.jpg

BirthdayMission005.jpg

BirthdayMission006.jpg

Thank you for the pic's Chantal...I am glad little PengoBeky like everything :blink:

The girls had fun doing this one

I got the greatest Birthday mission in the mail the other day (and just at the right time too, perked my mood up :) )

I was going craaazy last week getting ready to fly to florida to help my mom (who's been there for 6 months) drive back up to new york over the weekend. My flight was Thursday evening and for some reason I thought it would be practical to go home after work and get my stuff... of course there was traffic, so I burst through the doors way late in a frantic frustrated rush and see a big box sitting in front of my boyfriend who was to drive me to the airport.

"oooooooh" my mood improved immediately.. I looked at the return address and saw my neighbor dhenningers name :laughing: and promptly tore into the box! FRESH HOMEMADE BROWNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt a little guilty (toward my poor waistline) about scarfing three of them in about 30 seconds but I just couldn't help myself.. yummmmmmmmmy!

and I got one of his adorable personal coins- i love it! PolskiKrol (my bf) says "where's that benchmark?! we gotta go find it!" ooooh and a Signal GPS adventure maze coin that I really wanted :) and a couple of those cute GW bears :) (that I was sad I couldn't get made up with my own name since I didn't attend) yay! ohh and some ferraro roche candy!

oh, I've been spoiled, THANKS DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):DB)

Also, I haven't mailed mine out (I've been sooo busy the past couple weeks) yet, I'm so sorry mission person :)

But I have all the pieces together and just need to wrap it all up in a box and get myself to the post office... which I'll try to do at lunch tomorrow. The good news is b/c I waited so long, I was able to get some souvenirs from my trip to send along :laughing:

Birthday mission 1 grodan

1. Participating - Yes email sent but birthday is in september

2. Received Name - yes june 18

3. Mission Sent -

4. Birthday Arrived -

Birthday mission 2 fiabus

1. Participating - Yes email sent but unbirthday is in september

2. Received Name - NO??

3. Mission Sent -

4. Birthday Arrived -

This seems fun. Long time to wait.

grodan

Did only get one name, strange?

grodan karin

Question: If ones birthday is in, say, August for example, and one posted in this thread that one is interested in participating way back when the thread started, does one need to send a reminder that one is still interested in participating as their Birthday nears? :P

CF30

Nope, I'm emailing your mission in a few minutes. I was up until about midnight last night, and stopped about halfway thru the list to go to sleep. (i know, i know, priorities :D )