MISSION: Birthday Mission 2008

~tasia~

unbirthday missions for us!

Mrs. usyoopers

1- participating- email sent 1-6

2- received name- Got it! 1-10

3- mission sent- 3-5...Package going in the mail today for an end of the month Birthday (thats a hint!)

4- Birthday arrived- Yayyyy! My (un) Birthday happened!

A very nice envelope from fam.bergum arrived today. I received their personal coin in nickel (very nice!) and (what a great surprise!! a copper Sepp&Berta Biercoin!!!!, several pins....I will be "The Party Animal!" Thanks very much for my (un) Birthday surprise!!

The other yooper

2- received name-

3- mission sent-

4- Birthday arrived-

My wife - PSU Grad

1. Participating - email sent 1/6/08

2. Received Name - 1/9/08

3. Mission Sent - Done

4. Birthday Arrived - February 2008

Thank you again,Cache Maine, for making the start of my Birthday a Great One!!!!

Me - PSU Fan

1. Participating - email sent 1/6/08

2. Received Name - 1/9/08

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived -Yes, and the greatest thing about the missions is the "unknown". Not knowing what coins you will receive, then opening the package and seeing coins that you never even knew existed...way cool!!! After staring at the box for over a week and having PSU Grad taunt me with "Don't you wish you could open it now? Oh..to bad it's not your Birthday yet!!!!" ... It finally came and the box did not have a chance. I tore open the box to find a mission filled with confetti, balloons, candy, a star shaped personal item, and heartfelt birthday card....and 2 COINS!!! As I ate some chocolate I checked out my new coins, the Wright Brothers Benchmark and the South Pole Benchmark Geocoins. 2 really cool coins. My Birthday Mission sender kept their identity a secret, so THANK YOU for making my Birthday a very Happy One!!! Thank you for the coins and thank you for the extra goodies. .... (a now older) PSU Fan

IMG_49261.jpg

Edited by PSU Fan

1. Email Sent ------------ Jan. 6th

2. Name Received - yes

3. Mission Sent -

4. Birthday Received --- OH OH OH very very excited :D .. can't wait to open this, got it today,but my Birthday not till 23rd (Easter)...hmmmm wonder if I will be able to hold out (probably not lol).

Edited by CrossRoadNomads

I will be checking on the status of all quarter one missions tonight. Anyone who hasn't rec'd their mission package, please let me know either here or through an email.

I will also be assigning missions tonight and tomorrow, so if you haven't done so and your bday is between April 1st and June 30th, please send me an email to be included!

Nice to see some creative packages being sent out :D

Just a generic reply to say: I am really sorry my mission person! I sent my 3 missions out together, and forgot to sign the customs declaration form (the local post office people didnt notice either).

So my three packages have come back to me, and I'll have to repost on Monday. That will mean you'll be getting your packages late :D Sorry! :D

My b-day mission arrived...I opened the box to find an organizer - the perfect gift to keep track of all things GCF. Then, I had to dig through all the pockets to find the coins...man, this thing has a lot of pockets! It was like looking for a cache digging through the pockets for coins and goodies. LOL! TFT BDay gifts!

7a1b4fb6-3718-426a-aa24-fd5cefd12ed5.jpg

Our internet has been out again (it will work for about 5 mins then nothing for 2 hours), we think the cable running from the street to the house is bad and needs to be replaced.

Hopefully they will get this fixed SOON, because both gmail and gc.com forums are blocked at work, so I still haven't been able to match up missions.

Please watch you inbox for emails sometime this weekend (or sooner hopefully).

Piglet's Mission

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Sent - Yes

4. Birthday Arrived - Yes!!!

w00ty! :( Piglet received his mission! He was utterly grossed out by the card (with a massive smile on his face - boys are good like that), and keeps going back to look at it, and shows me at every opportunity...he's already blown up and accidently popped half the balloons!

But I kept the coins! Only fair seeing as though I sent the coins for his mission....good grief what is wrong with me??? Cant even share coins with my son....ah well...thems the breaks :D

Got a When Pigs Fly, Trick or Treat and a Prince.

Thanks usyoopers!!!! :D

PS Camera is dead, so no photo's just yet

I didnt post my birthday mission!!!!! Thought I had posted that it arrived, but I didnt!!!! Sorry bout that!

I recieved my Birthday mission way back at the end of Feburary!...Well one of them and it was from Traderdell!!! Got a crazy Black nickle which cache type coin in a cool case and a geo-dog. Along with that came some pretty cool Geocaching buttons and a patch. Thanks Traderdell, yet another succesfull mission from Ya! :D

I never did recieve my 2nd birthday mission :( although my 2 missions sent were happily recieved! :D

Happy Birthday to all...Happy birthday to all...Happy birthday dear everyone, Happy Birthday to all!- and many more! :D

1. Participating - email sent 1/5/2007

2. Received Name - 1/9/2008

3. Mission Sent - Confirmed delivery on 2/2 to his home in the U.S., but he's serving in Iraq

4. Birthday Arrived - YES YES YES! Got it today but haven't opened the four wrapped gifts inside. Perfect timing as we are preparing for my 50th bday party tonight. I'll open them then. Or maybe one a day until my real birthday Tuesday! I'll post pix later, I AM SO EXCITED!!

Our internet has been out again (it will work for about 5 mins then nothing for 2 hours), we think the cable running from the street to the house is bad and needs to be replaced.

Hopefully they will get this fixed SOON, because both gmail and gc.com forums are blocked at work, so I still haven't been able to match up missions.

Please watch you inbox for emails sometime this weekend (or sooner hopefully).

1. Email Sent ------------ Jan. 6th

2. Name Received - yes

3. Mission Sent -

4. Birthday Received --- OH OH OH very very excited :unsure: .. can't wait to open this, got it today,but my Birthday not till 23rd (Easter)...hmmmm wonder if I will be able to hold out (probably not lol).

happy-birthday.gif

We hope you had a good one!!!

3. Mission Sent - Confirmed delivery on 2/2 to his home in the U.S., but he's serving in Iraq

4. Birthday Arrived - OMG! I AM SO HAPPY! I have never had a wish list and only wanted one coin, Lady Luck. I now have her and so much more. (I'll try to refrain from the exclamation points :blink:. I was going to open one coin gift a day but my sister is here from Seattle and told me to open them all now. No more prodding needed. Got 4 cool coins, we'll be taking Lady Luck with us to Vegas to celebrate my real 50th bday on Tuesday! THANKS PSU FAN?!

Papa Wolf

1. Participating - Yes Feb 12th

2. Received Name - YES March 25th

3. Mission Sent -

4. Birthday Arrived -

Cub#1

3. Mission Sent -

4. Birthday Arrived -

Cub#3

3. Mission Sent -

4. Birthday Arrived -

Edited by The-Wolf-Pack

All missions for birthdays from April 1st - June 30th have been emailed! :anibad:

Please let me know if you didn't get an email.

I got my 2 missions but unfortunately 1 is definitely out of my time range since it takes 10 days just for my package to get to it's destination. It's a pity since I would like for my birthday person to get it in time for his/her birthday and not 3 weeks late. I´ll contact you whoever you are in a few days to let you know your present will be late - unless you´ll be assigned someone else who lives in your country or nearby so you can get a present in time.

My second mission is also short in time but I can make it if I use the coins I have at home, unfortunately non from my birthday persons wanted list and I sure hope he/she doesn´t already have the coins I've got at home or this mission will be late too. If that's the case I'll contact you too to let you know your present will be late

and I don´t like that, birthday presents are supposed to arrive in time!!!

4. Birthday Arrived - OMG! I AM SO HAPPY! I have never had a wish list and only wanted one coin, Lady Luck. I now have her and so much more. (I'll try to refrain from the exclamation points :anibad:. I was going to open one coin gift a day but my sister is here from Seattle and told me to open them all now. No more prodding needed. Got 4 cool coins, we'll be taking Lady Luck with us to Vegas to celebrate my real 50th bday on Tuesday! THANKS PSU FAN?!

Happy 50th Birthday!!!!

I hope that you have a great day today and that "Luck" is on your side today in Vegas.

Kind regards,

PSU Fan

My son's mission has been received, but the recipient's collection details are all on a subscription site I don't have access to. Can anyone help him with this? Perhaps someone with access to Geocoincollection.com could copy the person's seeking list for him?

Ness.

Yes, I will do that when I get home tonight.

My son's mission has been received, but the recipient's collection details are all on a subscription site I don't have access to. Can anyone help him with this? Perhaps someone with access to Geocoincollection.com could copy the person's seeking list for him?

Ness.

Email sent

unbirthday missions for us!

Mrs. usyoopers

2- received name- Got it! 1-10

3- mission sent- 3-5...Package going in the mail today for an end of the month Birthday (thats a hint!)

4- Birthday arrived- Yayyyy! My (un) Birthday happened!

A very nice envelope from fam.bergum arrived today. I received their personal coin in nickel (very nice!) and (what a great surprise!! a copper Sepp&Berta Biercoin!!!!, several pins....I will be "The Party Animal!" Thanks very much for my (un) Birthday surprise!!

The other yooper

2- received name- Got it!! 3-25

3- mission sent-

4- Birthday arrived-

1. Participating - email sent :done

2. Received Name - Got it this week, doing research and getting some supplies

3. Mission Sent - will be done mid april

4. Birthday Arrived - I am a June Baby

looking forward to sending someone a birthday present