MISSION: Birthday Mission 2008

~tasia~

Easter is as early as possible this year. And in Germany this leads to the "problem" that the holiday "Christi Himmelfahrt" which is dependent on Easter (40 days after Easter if I remember right) falls this year on the 1st May, which is another holiday in Germany. This means that we "loose" one holiday this year because we have two holidays on one date... :rolleyes:

Same here, except that they removed Kristi Himmelfärdsdag (doncha love how similar those holiday names are, hehe) from a holiday when they decided to make National Day, June 6, a state holiday, so no loss here, yay! Första Maj, May 1st, is a red day, or a national holiday here, too.

Naomi... still getting used to all the strange holidays after 8 years of living here, lol!

...and still haven't got the hang of it. :( Kristi himmelsfärd is still a holiday, the holiday that was replaced with 6/6 was Annandag pingst.

Easter is as early as possible this year. And in Germany this leads to the "problem" that the holiday "Christi Himmelfahrt" which is dependent on Easter (40 days after Easter if I remember right) falls this year on the 1st May, which is another holiday in Germany. This means that we "loose" one holiday this year because we have two holidays on one date... :(

Same here, except that they removed Kristi Himmelfärdsdag (doncha love how similar those holiday names are, hehe) from a holiday when they decided to make National Day, June 6, a state holiday, so no loss here, yay! Första Maj, May 1st, is a red day, or a national holiday here, too.

Naomi... still getting used to all the strange holidays after 8 years of living here, lol!

...and still haven't got the hang of it. :( Kristi himmelsfärd is still a holiday, the holiday that was replaced with 6/6 was Annandag pingst.

ARGH, blame my Swede, he told me wrong, lol! At least I spelled it right :rolleyes: I think he's just distracted watching the Swedish team play Dallas in Hockey right now :D... The Swedish team being the Redwings, hehehe!

Naomi :D

Can we PLEASE request that we are allowed one (1) Unbirthday? Since some of ours are SO far off :( It could be right smack in the middle. Say, for an October, an unbirthday in April? :rolleyes:

You could do it as a half b-day...that's what I do to celebrate my students' b-days that fall over the summer (when they are not in school).

Mom

1. Participating email - yup

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

Brenda

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

Heather

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

Can we PLEASE request that we are allowed one (1) Unbirthday? Since some of ours are SO far off :( It could be right smack in the middle. Say, for an October, an unbirthday in April? :rolleyes:

Upon review :

Yes, everyone will be allowed one unbirthday. Please let me know that it is your 'unbirthday' in the email. Pick whatever day you wish.

If you do not want to participate in the unbirthday you do not have to.

If you've sent me an email with your real birthday info already, you may send me another email with your 'unbirthday' choice.

Just make sure that you are following the timelines for the unbirthdays as well. For the first quarter, all requests must be rec'd by Jan 7th. I will be emailing out your missions (both birthdays and unbirthdays for Jan, Feb, and March) on Jan 8th. In the email, I will state that it is either their birthday or their unbirthday choice.

Can we PLEASE request that we are allowed one (1) Unbirthday? Since some of ours are SO far off :sad: It could be right smack in the middle. Say, for an October, an unbirthday in April? :anicute:

Upon review :

Yes, everyone will be allowed one unbirthday. Please let me know that it is your 'unbirthday' in the email. Pick whatever day you wish.

If you do not want to participate in the unbirthday you do not have to.

If you've sent me an email with your real birthday info already, you may send me another email with your 'unbirthday' choice.

Just make sure that you are following the timelines for the unbirthdays as well. For the first quarter, all requests must be rec'd by Jan 7th. I will be emailing out your missions (both birthdays and unbirthdays for Jan, Feb, and March) on Jan 8th. In the email, I will state that it is either their birthday or their unbirthday choice.

THANK YOU :drama:! If you were here, I'd give you a BIG HUG. I'm into those :ph34r:

Edited by fairyhoney

We would like to be added and take part in this Birthday Mission

Barry/sweetlife Birthday is in April

Val/sweetlife Birthday is in July

Please add us both to the list and send us a reminder when the months come closer.

This will be a fun mission.

Barry and Val

sweetlife

Mountain, WI.

This will be a year-round mission! The goal is to send your package so it makes it in time for your mission's birthday.

To participate :

You must be willing to send 2 geocoins (unactivated if trackable) to one participant.

You must be a registered user in these forums with some history of posting.

How to become a participant :

- Email the following information to birthdaymission2008@gmail.com:

Geocaching Name

Birthdate (you may include your age you are turning if you like)

Real Name

Address

Are you willing to mail outside your country?

Do you have a seeking list? If so, where. If not, are there any coins you'd like to own?

- Please do not ask me to assign you a certain individual, the missions will be assigned at random.

Important dates :

I will be accepting emails until January 7th for birthdays between January 1st and March 31st.

On January 8th, I will send you an email with your mission.

I will be accepting emails until March 15th for birthdays between April 1st and June 30th.

On March 16th, I will send you an email with your mission.

I will be accepting emails until June 15th for birthdays between July 1st and September 30th.

On June 16th, I will send you an email with your mission.

I will be accepting emails until September 15th for birthdays between October 1st and December 31st.

On September 16th, I will send you an email with your mission.

It may be a little confusing at first, but I separated these into quarters to make it a little easier than trying to arrange all the birthday missions at once. If your birthday is say, May 24th, you will be participating in the second quarter's mission. Feel free to send an email at ANY time though, up to your quarter's deadline, so if your birthday is November 13th and you don't want to forget about signing up, you can go ahead and send an email now if you'd like.

*if you move please let me know, so I can update your info* (i don't see that happening a whole lot, but just in case)

Posting in the forums :

To make sure everyone receives a package please post to report your progress :

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at the address above!

Have fun with your mission, and I hope everyone enjoys this!

edit to add :

Everyone in the family can participate if they like! We all like getting birthday presents. :)

I'm In !!

1. Participating: email sent 1/03/08

2. Received Name: 1/09/08

3. Mission Sent:

4. Birthday Arrived:

How the Heck do you edit your original post??

you can only edit up to 24 hours ago... if your original post was longer than that ago, you have to start a new post

Menace66

1. Participating - email sent

2. Received Name: January 9

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

The Mrs.

3. Mission Sent: Sent package today priority mail as the persons birthday was January 2. Happy Belated birthday. It is on its way.

4. Birthday Arrived

The edit button is gone so I will just reply.

MR PUZZLE ;)

2. Received Name:

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

MRS PUZZLE :huh:

2. Received Name:

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

LITTLE MISS PUZZLE :ph34r:

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

LITTLE MR PUZZLE :D

2. Received Name:

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

BABY PUZZLE ;)

2. Received Name:

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

Thank you, 007BigD!

I received my birthday package and immediately recognized the return address. I knew it would have some great surprises but since it was a birthday surprise I had to wait to the proper date to open it.

There were so many goodies insided -- a smurf with a birthday cake, cache containers and swag, reflective tacks, lots more goodies and pins and coins! Don't know where to begin, but somebody's been peeking at my seeking list. Thanks, Dave, the coins are awesome -- a black THX4TC jeep, an '07 Colorado, and a silver Earth Turtle! Also, a dorkfish mini fish and a Castleman star pin and Northern Right Whale pin! Thanks, too, for the Lake county diamonds that you collected and the Confederate note -- very cool. I noticed that you've been adding a Garbage Pail Kid card in your recent packages -- and the Jerry Atric gave me a good laugh! :huh:

Thanks, again, Dave, for the awesome birthday package! Hope to see you and Sweetpea soon!

d88e11c1-e5f4-4b4f-934c-0fcf9606abcc.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RIVERCITY!!!:unsure::unsure::lol: ...Glad you liked your Birtday mission!!! I didnt think it would get there in time as it was the 9th when I got my mission statement and actually managed to have everything needed for a riteous birthday at hand!!! Mailed it out on the 10th and hoped for the best.

Hope your Birthday was all that you ever hoped it would be!!! PS...I collected those Garbage pail Kids as a kid and just loved em. They are from 1986...Just figured that Jerry Atric was appropriate! :)

Mrs Cheesy Pig :laughing:

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived!! I received my mission, and couldn't wait til my birthday, so I opened it and found.... a Nickel Gone to the Dogs, a Birthday Card with Poppies on it, a Flanders Poppy coin and Pin!! I love Poppies!! Photo added....Thanks so much Don :laughing::P

ad50f508-9ec7-42ce-bc4c-3e8903154b23.jpg

Piglet :P

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

Mr Cheesy Pig :D

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

Edited by Cheesy pigs

Birthday.jpg

What a great birthday box! Thanks so much to BigD! I loved all my treasures....how did you know that I love diamonds?!?!?! Thanks for everything! Love the penny, and the coins.....and the keyring...and everything!

Who doesnt love diamonds??? :rolleyes: These are just lake County Diamonds, but they do etch glass! They are a Silica rather than a carbon, but water clear. I gathered them myself...it helps to add water to enhance the display.

Glad you liked your Mission :) ...Sorry it got to you a few days late! :)

Was the smurf still holding the Geotoids??? :lol: ...It fit into his hands perfectly!

Who doesnt love diamonds??? :D These are just lake County Diamonds, but they do etch glass! They are a Silica rather than a carbon, but water clear. I gathered them myself...it helps to add water to enhance the display.

Glad you liked your Mission :) ...Sorry it got to you a few days late! :laughing:

Was the smurf still holding the Geotoids??? :) ...It fit into his hands perfectly!

No, he wasn't....looks like he got bounced around a little! Thanks again!