MISSION: Birthday Mission 2008

~tasia~

This will be a year-round mission! The goal is to send your package so it makes it in time for your mission's birthday.

To participate :

You must be willing to send 2 geocoins (unactivated if trackable) to one participant.

You must be a registered user in these forums with some history of posting.

How to become a participant :

- Email the following information to birthdaymission2008@gmail.com:

Geocaching Name

Birthdate (you may include your age you are turning if you like)

Real Name

Address

Are you willing to mail outside your country?

Do you have a seeking list? If so, where. If not, are there any coins you'd like to own?

- Please do not ask me to assign you a certain individual, the missions will be assigned at random.

Important dates :

I will be accepting emails until January 7th for birthdays between January 1st and March 31st.

On January 8th, I will send you an email with your mission.

I will be accepting emails until March 15th for birthdays between April 1st and June 30th.

On March 16th, I will send you an email with your mission.

I will be accepting emails until June 15th for birthdays between July 1st and September 30th.

On June 16th, I will send you an email with your mission.

I will be accepting emails until September 15th for birthdays between October 1st and December 31st.

On September 16th, I will send you an email with your mission.

It may be a little confusing at first, but I separated these into quarters to make it a little easier than trying to arrange all the birthday missions at once. If your birthday is say, May 24th, you will be participating in the second quarter's mission. Feel free to send an email at ANY time though, up to your quarter's deadline, so if your birthday is November 13th and you don't want to forget about signing up, you can go ahead and send an email now if you'd like.

*if you move please let me know, so I can update your info* (i don't see that happening a whole lot, but just in case)

Posting in the forums :

To make sure everyone receives a package please post to report your progress :

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at the address above!

Have fun with your mission, and I hope everyone enjoys this!

edit to add :

Everyone in the family can participate if they like! We all like getting birthday presents. :(

Edited by ~tasia~

Papa Wood

1. Participating - email sent Jan 1st

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

Mama Wood

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

Buglet Wood

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

Thanks for making my birthday something to look forward to this year :( .

Moozer:

1. Participating - email sent 1/1/08

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

Mr.Moo:

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

Non-Caching but coin-loving spouse:

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

Thanks!

Ooh!!! Fun, fun, FUN!!! <_< E-mail sent!

CF30's Mission

1. Participating - YES!!! :( 01/01/2008

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived - It's gonna be a loooooooooooong time before this one comes..... :rolleyes: Months!!! LOL :(

Strider's Mission

1. Participating - YES!!! :D 01/01/2008

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived - It's gonna be even loooooooooooonger for this one..... :rolleyes: December!!! ROFL :laughing:

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Let me start out by saying that between Hanna, Micke, and I, we activate all the coins we receive unless there is a special reason not to. Check our profile to see what we have :lol:

Mousekakat and Baby Mousekakat (just one mission, we can share :) )

1. Participating - email sent Jan 2, 2008

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

I like pretty coins first, fun coins next. Coins that have to do with nature, faith and animals are high on my list, as well as "classic" beauty. Caitlyn shares my appreciation of pretties and she likes shiny, colorful things, like I do :D. We both absolutely LOVE cats :unsure:

Mr. Mousekakat

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

Micke likes military, faith, POW/MIA, WWII, history, and puzzle coins. His current fave, which is on the way to us, is the ENIGMA coin.

Mini-Mousekakat

2. Received Name

3. Mission Sent

4. Birthday Arrived

Little Miss Hanna loves cats, dogs, horses, bugs and other animals. She's a very typical little girl in that sense! She likes fun, pretty things like that :D

LOL Damenace, too funny.....I was thinking the same thing. I'd like to participate and will send an email.....will be waiting a long time till my b-day comes again tho, just had one in Dec, lol!

And That is why I suggested an unbirthday but nobody pays attention

Well, let's get started on a Valentine's mission!!

and Easter is in March, and then Memorial Day in May, and 4th of July... etc... lots to keep us busy!

If no one wants to host the Valentine's mission, I'll do that one too.

LOL Damenace, too funny.....I was thinking the same thing. I'd like to participate and will send an email.....will be waiting a long time till my b-day comes again tho, just had one in Dec, lol!

And That is why I suggested an unbirthday but nobody pays attention

Well, let's get started on a Valentine's mission!!

and Easter is in March, and then Memorial Day in May, and 4th of July... etc... lots to keep us busy!

If no one wants to host the Valentine's mission, I'll do that one too.

Seriously about Easter :rolleyes: in March! WOW!

Easter is as early as possible this year. And in Germany this leads to the "problem" that the holiday "Christi Himmelfahrt" which is dependent on Easter (40 days after Easter if I rembember right) falls this year on the 1st May, which is another holiday in Germany. This means that we "loose" one holiday this year because we have two holidays on one date... :rolleyes:

Easter is as early as possible this year. And in Germany this leads to the "problem" that the holiday "Christi Himmelfahrt" which is dependent on Easter (40 days after Easter if I remember right) falls this year on the 1st May, which is another holiday in Germany. This means that we "loose" one holiday this year because we have two holidays on one date... :rolleyes:

Same here, except that they removed Kristi Himmelfärdsdag (doncha love how similar those holiday names are, hehe) from a holiday when they decided to make National Day, June 6, a state holiday, so no loss here, yay! Första Maj, May 1st, is a red day, or a national holiday here, too.

Naomi... still getting used to all the strange holidays after 8 years of living here, lol!