(Legend HCx+OS Vista)+Palm Zire 72 = Frustration

McDragons

Since Christmas, when I got my new GPSr, I've been trying to figure out this paperles caching. My GPSr works fine with my Vista OS, and my Palm Zire 72 worked fine with my Vista. Problem is trying to get Cachemate installed so I can go paperless. I've installed and uninstalled Palm software, Cachemate, many times only to hit another roadblock.

Is there anyone who has this setup and has been able to get everything to work? If you're not using Cachemate, what are you using. By the way, I forgot to mention that I also use GSAK, and usually just upload and download to GPSr...this works fine. I just wanted to have more information with me, that I thought I could download to my Palm. Help please?

I don't actually think I'm getting far enough to say the problem is with Cachemate. I cannot get the QuickInstall on my original Zire72 software to work, and I cannot get the beta version Palm provides as a "fix" for Vista to install correctly. It won't open, gets hung up and freezes.

If you are going paerless and you have a Ipod I highly suggest you go back to the GSAK website and download the Ipod modification to it. it is in the section on the toolbar that says Macro. then all you need to do is attach your ipod to the computer enable it for disk use. After you do that go to the GSAK program and export all the caches information to your ipod.

I have about 1,000 cache information on my ipod and it still hasen't taken up a quarter of my total ipod space!

Edited by 4jedis