Worst Ideas for a TB

BlueDeuce

Forget the right thing to do, what's the best worst thing to release as a Travel bug?

I'd even be interested in hearing about TBs you have actually come across.

---

That does remind me of the guy who (seriously) released a fake hand grenade as a TB.

I'm thinking about releasing some burnout light bulb Tbs. Standard GE household bulbs of course.

Forget the right thing to do, what's the best worst thing to release as a Travel bug?

The tag with nothing attached. I've seen it about 5 times. A classic newbie blunder. :(

And to make it even worse, they could not name it, and just go with the default "Travel Bug Dog Tag". Seen that twice, I believe :laughing:

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

The tag with nothing attached. I've seen it about 5 times. A classic newbie blunder. :unsure:

And to make it even worse, they could not name it, and just go with the default "Travel Bug Dog Tag". Seen that twice, I believe :D

I got one of these this weekend. Nothing attached and no name, "Travel Bug Dog Tag". It had been sitting there for three months, so I thought I would help it along. :lol:

My camoed pink flamingo made it to two or three caches in Maine, and a few events before it disappeared at an event in New Hampshire.

I believe I am about to get revenge for you, Harry. We are going to release a pair of pink flamingo lawn ornaments on Sunday. Their mission is to travel to FRONT YARD caches. Also in the instructions is an invitation to add more flamingos to the flock at will. [insert maniacal laughter here]

Let the fun begin!

I'd even be interested in hearing about TBs you have actually come across.

---

That does remind me of the guy who (seriously) released a fake hand grenade as a TB.

I'm thinking about releasing some burnout light bulb Tbs. Standard GE household bulbs of course.

Anything that gets moldy and stinky, kind of like old geocachers. :D

My camoed pink flamingo made it to two or three caches in Maine, and a few events before it disappeared at an event in New Hampshire.

I believe I am about to get revenge for you, Harry. We are going to release a pair of pink flamingo lawn ornaments on Sunday. Their mission is to travel to FRONT YARD caches. Also in the instructions is an invitation to add more flamingos to the flock at will. [insert maniacal laughter here]

Let the fun begin!

If it makes it to the Houston area, I bet it gets some friends to travel with it. Flamingos are how our group recognize each other at big events. Everyone has a set for their camp.

Here's my camp:

c096444c-b49b-4df6-beca-214ff618ffd2.jpg

I believe Cherokeecachers started the custom, but it's all over S.E. Tx. now...

e525541b-1920-45d3-834a-5ae1b67c3bc5.jpg

81749150-20a4-4d2b-a232-55dd79029e66.jpg

I can't believe cachers who release those cute figurines made out of resin. My son came across a broken one. He got in touch with the owner who proceeded to send a replica of the same figurine (unbelievable).

Well, we came across it again and guess what . . . It was broke again.

Ceramic is bad, also!

Anything too large to easily fit into a medium sized cache.

I'll move bugs that easily fit into my hand ( as in wrap my hand around it), but I won't move bugs with some big toy attached, as they are too hard to find caches for.