What do "Friends" do for me?

Hick@Heart

Some of the suggested used for the My Friends un-feature have been:

1. As a way for caching teams to consolidate information and plan caching trips to caches that all of that party have not visited before. Check the forum postings about violations of the Terms Of Use...

2. As just another way to numbers grub, if a number of how many friends you have is made available somewhere on the web site, perhaps in that stats box.

3. I can't think of anything else, but then again I do not work for Groundspeak.

I thought I'd read somewhere about the possibility to "watch" your friends, so when they log a find you'd get an email, similar to the way you watch a cache. Whether or not that feature is actually on the list is unknown to me.

Sounds to me like something I would not want. I get enough spam already and lots of emails from 'My Friends' who do 45 caches a day on a Saturday and 45 more on Sunday each and every week would make me take that person off my friends list.

I thought I'd read somewhere about the possibility to "watch" your friends, so when they log a find you'd get an email, similar to the way you watch a cache. Whether or not that feature is actually on the list is unknown to me.

Sounds to me like something I would not want. I get enough spam already and lots of emails from 'My Friends' who do 45 caches a day on a Saturday and 45 more on Sunday each and every week would make me take that person off my friends list.

I'd imagine that any "watch" feature that might be implemented would be optional. Lots of people wouldn't want to watch others, and some wouldn't want to be watched. Others wouldn't care either way.

I'd imagine that any "watch" feature that might be implemented would be optional. Lots of people wouldn't want to watch others, and some wouldn't want to be watched. Others wouldn't care either way.

Of course it would be optional.

But I'm thinking that absolutely nobody would opt in to getting 100 or 200 more emails a day depending on your friends and so on.

Of course it would be optional.

But I'm thinking that absolutely nobody would opt in to getting 100 or 200 more emails a day depending on your friends and so on.

They could do a 'daily digest' with a summary of each friends activity. If you have a 100 find a day friend, maybe you wouldn't want their summary...

I think it'd be neat to be able to see their 'other' logs, like DNF's and trackables. They could just have a summary list like there is on everyone's "My Account" page, but for your friends' accounts instead.