Changing cache type

BikerKats

I know that new virtual caches are not allowed, but is it possible to change a twice-muggled regular cache into a virtual?

Our Swakeleys Cache was a regular cache hidden in a nice location from which there is an impressive view of Swakeleys House, a privately-owned Jacobean house, mentioned in Pepys' diary, which is open to the public three times a year.

The original cache stayed in place for 10 months until it disappeared; we replaced it but the replacement cache disappeared very quickly after being placed. We are reluctant to replace it again and have had another regular cache muggled from the park nearby.

We think this is a nice location and the house itself is worth a visit, so it would be a shame IMO if we archived it.

Is there any way of retaining the location without placing a physical cache?

Jenny

I know that new virtual caches are not allowed, but is it possible to change a twice-muggled regular cache into a virtual?

Our Swakeleys Cache was a regular cache hidden in a nice location from which there is an impressive view of Swakeleys House, a privately-owned Jacobean house, mentioned in Pepys' diary, which is open to the public three times a year.

The original cache stayed in place for 10 months until it disappeared; we replaced it but the replacement cache disappeared very quickly after being placed. We are reluctant to replace it again and have had another regular cache muggled from the park nearby.

We think this is a nice location and the house itself is worth a visit, so it would be a shame IMO if we archived it.

Is there any way of retaining the location without placing a physical cache?

Jenny

Short answer only on this one I'm afraid.....No! B)

edit to say: I'd second KandG's advice about making it a short multi. Sounds like someone is now watching the original spot :)

Edited by dino-irl