Cacher of the Month: The End

adambro

With the New Year comes an opportunity to step back and review where I am and where I want to be. I have a number of demands on my time and I've come to the conclusion that these have, especially in recent months, prevent me from looking after Cacher of the Month as well as I'd like. Therefore, I am afraid I must make December 2007 the last month for which I will accept results for CotM. This comes exactly two years after I took the baton from Deego who had similar time issues.

Whilst I've worked to minimise the time it takes to organise and to improve the website, it still requires regular attention. I'm now at the point where to reduce this much further would require a significant lump of time to continue the development of the website.

Whilst disappointed, I feel happy that my work has seen CotM continued from December 2005 when it might have otherwise finished. Average participation has increased to just over the 100 mark per month from around an average of 80 when I took over.

I will ensure that any issues raised are resolved for December and any other months.

Like Deego, I would be happy to discuss helping someone take this over but they have to be no doubts that with typically over 100 entries a month this is no simple undertaking. I can provide a copy of the results database but of course would not be happy to release the names/email addresses etc of users so any new site would require users to re-register such details. However, saying that, I'm open to ideas and so won't rule too much out at this stage but am concious that I've been entrusted with somewhat private details which I'll be careful.

Many thanks for the two years you've put into this! I'm not exactly a numbers cacher, with just 250 finds in 5 years, lol, but I've submitted my results when I've had any, and I've enjoyed seeing how others have been doing. Perhaps someone will be able to take this over and continue it - I'd love to be able to offer myself, but I quite definitely don't have the time, I'm afraid.

even though i was never able to work out how to put all my caches on the site to join in the game,i do appreciate as with all things like this it must take up alot of time,so thank you for your efforts in keeping alot of cachers happy.you never know somebody out there might take it over.WTF perhaps hehe.jeff=bones1.

I am currently considering what options are available to continue with the site. I've had offers of help and this may make the continuation more feasible. I'm concious that having to restart the site again would be very undesirable. I will continue work on the site for the time being as I work on reducing the time it costs me to maintain. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to devise a solution that will keep the site going whilst addressing the concerns I have.

Edited by adambro

I am currently considering what options are available to continue with the site. I've had offers of help and this may make the continuation more feasible. I'm concious that having to restart the site again would be very undesirable. I will continue work on the site for the time being as I work on reducing the time it costs me to maintain. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to devise a solution that will keep the site going whilst addressing the concerns I have.

Good luck - that is very welcome news. I am sorry I was not able to offer to help but glad some have. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking I'll be able to continue for the time being now having considered the options available to me.

I've upgraded my web hosting to facilitate improving the website with a view to reducing the time required. This change will make it possible to accept some of the offers of help which I've received.

I'm thinking I'll be able to continue for the time being now having considered the options available to me.

I've upgraded my web hosting to facilitate improving the website with a view to reducing the time required. This change will make it possible to accept some of the offers of help which I've received.

Good news Adam. Keep us posted with developments etc...

Thanks for all your efforts over the last two years - good to hear you may be able to continue - keep us posted