Rainbow Bridge Geocoin

dorkfish

Hi all <_<

I've very excited to announce my newest coin, the Rainbow Bridge Geocoin. This is a very special coin for me and I hope that others will enjoy it also. Here are some specs:

- $12.50 each plus shipping

- 2 1/2 inches in diameter

- 5mm thick

- rainbow drawings circling the edge of the coin

- front side is 3D

- backside is of a photo

- cut through pawprint at top of coin

- 300 coins minted in antique copper, antique bronze, antique gold & antique silver (my version)

- each coin comes inside of a black velour pouch

- also included is a laminated card with the Rainbow Bridge poem in its entirety

- these coins are trackable and have their own icon

Here are some photos:

2364ab37-d4d9-45a6-838a-6e2e90848fbd.jpg

antique bronze frontside

6a3d078f-1ec9-4765-8234-8be9a6acacfb.jpg

2773f48c-efdf-4e6c-8434-afc587471340.jpg

1efd5113-d99f-4616-824a-6ccc2208c031.jpg

You can fnd more information about these coins by clicking on the following links:

Antique Copper Version

Antique Bronze Version

Antique Gold Version

Thanks everyone & Happy New Year!

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

We lost 3 of our Yorkies this year. It is been very hard. When we seen this coin, it really hit us hard. Knowing how it feels when you have a family pets that you treat as if they were your own kids. We miss our dogs so very much, so this coin is dedicated to our babies: Amarus, Egan and Abby. We miss yous! <_< We have them all in our back yard with all names on crosses and a yorkie Flag hang high to show how much they mean to us even tho they are in doggie heaven. Was honored to get one of the minting rejects and had to order another. They are huge coins.

Thanks Karma

Barry and Val

sweetlife

Mountain, WI.

Hello Karma

I can not wait to have the coin in my hand <_<

How many : antique bronze

antique copper

antique gold

Where minted and purshase.?

How many antique silver where minted?

I will let the coin travel but first i enyoy a little while of the coin.

I put the coin on my sideboard, so i can see it all day long. :P

Thanks for making this coin.

Edited by Geo.Error

Does the Rainbow Bridge poem bring tears to anybody else's eyes as it always does mine.

This coin came out wonderfully! With a very special meaning. I just wish I didn't have so many dogs waiting for me at the Bridge.

Yes, of course, I'm sentimental anyways :) We've had several dogs (and cats) but there's 1 very special dog waiting for our family.

Thank you everyone for your compliments :) I have received so many emails from people telling me about their loved pets who have gone to the Rainbow Bridge. I have enjoyed reading all of the stories & it makes me feel good knowing that this coin is touching people so deeply.

In regards to copyright issues. I read the Rainbow Bridge poem about 12 years ago and it has been a part of my life since that time. I have always seen it signed as author unknown. If I had used any poems/saying created by someone I would have definately referenced their name on the coin.

As far as numbers of each version:

75 Antique Copper

100 Antique Bronze

112 Antique Gold

13 Antique Silver

I will be minting more antique copper coins & probably one other metal (none of the ones previously minted). These will be available on my site in mid to late March. I may mint more antique copper coins throughout the year if I receive enough emails from people seeking the coin.

Jamie with the Mad Hatters Neverland helped to make my vision a reality on this coin. I believe it took us about 3 months to get the majority of the design finished. Between my drawings and pictures sent to him, he was able to create the coin exactly as I envisioned it inside of my head. Jamie did an absolutely fantastic job and is so patient and fun to work with. No matter how many changes I made he was eager to help out. I couldn't be happier with the coin & the response it's received B)

Thanks everyone :)

* I have just found out that there are 3 people who lay claim to have written the Rainbow Bridge poem or a poem very similar; Paul C Dahm, William N Britton, & Dr. Wallace Sife. I guess that is why it is signed as author unknown. Sorry for any confusion. You can read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Bridge_(pets)

Edited by dorkfish

Oh good! I was watching for this coin ever since we bid on the silver one offered for a TnT benefit auction. I'm glad we could get one of the regular metals and I'm glad we helped boost the price of the auctioned one.

Thank you on behalf of Tiger, Tinkle, Maggie, Rusty........

Mrs. Car54

any thoughts for a cat version ??

Sue (for Skamp, Touf and Kheps)

I had thought about it. In fact Bryan with Groundspeak suggested I do another coin too, he actually suggested a series. My original concept for this coin was very different from what it evolved in to. I still would like to make the coin as I originally planned but with a few changes. If I do decide to make another coin it'll probably be sometime around April or May before it would be available. :)

I love this coin, I was lucky enough to receive one :( It is very large and pretty. Best part is the meaning of the coin.

I've lost alot of geokids over the years. It is never easy to deal with, the only thing that ever makes it a little better is my belief that I'll have a complete zoo waiting for me when it is my turn to leave this world.

What a wonderful, beautiful coin. I am a veterinarian, and have a copy of the "Rainbow Bridge" hanging in our Comfort Room along with "A Dog's Prayer" Both make me cry every time I read them. I also just lost (well over a year ago, but it stills seems like yesterday) a good friend, Rosco, to age and cancer. Saying goodbye to him was very hard, but I am a firm believer that your family members, including the furry ones, will be waiting for you on the other side. Here he is in his prime, while climbing James Peak.

web.jpg

I still bought these as agreed it's for any pet. When the last 2 of our cats died from FIP it was the first time I'd heard the rainbow bridge poem which is why it was so appropriate and why I asked if there was a cat version. In fact we almost did a cat one for all proceeds to go to FIP research but it was at the time so many of the same type coins were coming out that in the end we did not. Might rethink that plan one day.

Look forward to seeing these as I got the note today that they had been shipped :-) and thanks again for a great coin.

Sue

A couple things real quick...

I am very excited to announce that there is indeed an author to the Rainbow Bridge poem. There are a few who claim ownership including a man by the name of William N. Britton. After corresponding with his associate I feel comfortable in believing that Mr. Britton is in fact the author of this very touching poem. Mr. Britton has been very generous and granted me permission to use the poem. If you are interested in learning more about Mr. Britton or reading the Rainbow Bridge poem in its entirety please visit this link: http://www.legendofrainbowbridge.com/.

A portion of the sale of this coin will be donated to Senior Houndsabound which is a small rescue organization just getting started in Orlando Florida. I will be meeting with the president of the organization in two weeks to hand deliver the funds in person. I'm really excited to visit and meet all the hounds. :P

Thanks everyone who has purchased this coin so far and for all the wonderful comments and emails. I feel so good in knowing that this coin has touched so many people.

I can't wait to see the coin. For me, I'm remembering Radar a parrot I got to share 14 years with... still wasn't long enough for that neat creature!!!

One of them will be shipped to a friend of mine who lost her kitty a few days before my Radar passed away. She is brand new to Geocaching, doesn't cache much and I know it'll be her first geocoin!!!

Best of luck in all your good work!!!

OMGawsh, Karma!! It's huge and absolutely beautiful! I don't care that mine has no tracking number, it's just an incredible coin! Caitlyn immediately took it over from me, normally, due to lead content I don't let her too near them without their plastic cover, but I made an exception with this one and thought I'd share the results!

Thank you for making it possible for me to get one!

Naomi ;)

2162327983_b4e0a83f8d.jpg2162325059_cb9798c1c6.jpg

2162330699_e400a3ed84.jpg

Look how big this beauty is!

2162326103_4fe15206d1_o.jpg

Titta, puppy! (Titta is look in Swedish)

2162331317_b08c7189c1.jpg

MMMMMwahhhh!

2162323469_3dbde22742.jpg

Sooo preeedddeeee, mamma!

Edited by mousekakat

I received these coins today and they are so beautiful! They are also huge! :huh:

I have activated them in memory of my 3 pugs that have passed within the past year. "Maggie", "Sissy", and "Putty". Putty was my little Cancer dog and I hope to never have to go thru that again.

The coins reside on the shelf next to my computer with their Urns.

I really have to thank you Karma for creating such a beautiful coin with such meaning for many of us.

You are the true "Gem" of Geocoins.

Donna

Edited by Arrow One

I just ordered 2 of em! I had never heard of the Rainbow Bridge, but really like the message and the personal meaning behind the coin...

I am sure Guzzi is happily awaiting your arrival at the Rainbow Bridge! :lol: I found that cache "Katies Toybox" while in Oregon this last summer where the pic was taken, That is such a beautifull part of the Oregon Coast and boy was Katies toybox stuffed!!! :huh:

I just ordered 2 of em! I had never heard of the Rainbow Bridge, but really like the message and the personal meaning behind the coin...

I am sure Guzzi is happily awaiting your arrival at the Rainbow Bridge! :lol: I found that cache "Katies Toybox" while in Oregon this last summer where the pic was taken, That is such a beautifull part of the Oregon Coast and boy was Katies toybox stuffed!!! :huh:

I have been told that there is a Gravy Lake at the Bridge. I just know that I will find Pepper (one of my shelties) there when the time comes........

I have been told that there is a Gravy Lake at the Bridge. I just know that I will find Pepper (one of my shelties) there when the time comes........

If there are Biscuits as well, I cant wait to meet up with my dearly departed furry friends :huh: ...Id give pepper a pat and sop up his gravy puddle with my biscuit too! :lol:

If there are Biscuits as well, I cant wait to meet up with my dearly departed furry friends :laughing: ...Id give pepper a pat and sop up his gravy puddle with my biscuit too! :P

I'm sure there are a lot of dogs named Bisquit there too!! :D

Hello Karma

I absolutely love this coin.

The rainbow on the side are beautiful.

I am very happy,

Thanks for the christmas present, the seahorse is also pretty.

You have make me very happy.

Thanks for making this coin.

greetings

Btw: i think that cachers who wil found this coin get back problems :) :) :) ( the coin is so heavy)

This was one of my first coins. I think I bought it as a reject but not sure what makes it that. The coin is the largest one I have and extraordinarily beautiful. It has that it is trackable, but no numbers, so maybe that makes it a reject. It is for my collection anyway! I'll never part with this one. May have to order some more to activate.

Since I have had boxers for the past 25 years, you know I have lost many! This poem is lovely and brings tears to my eyes every time I read it. Thank you for the credit info - I am going to read it right now.

Also, mousekakat, you seem like such a nice person from your comments, and your caitlyn is an absolute doll! Youngest geocacher? I never noticed the colors in the side rainbows until you pointed that out! Makes this coin even more special than ever!

Thank you dorkfish and karma for a wonderful coin! Marilyn

Hello :D

I just had an order cancelled and have a few more coins available for those who may be interested. I currently have 10 antique bronze & 10 antique gold coins left. These are the two versions that won't be minted again.

Here are some quick links for anyone who might like to purchase some:

Antique Bronze: http://www.dorkfishcoins.com/cart/index.ph...;products_id=87

Antique Gold: http://www.dorkfishcoins.com/cart/index.ph...;products_id=89

Hello :)

I just had an order cancelled and have a few more coins available for those who may be interested. I currently have 10 antique bronze & 10 antique gold coins left. These are the two versions that won't be minted again.

Here are some quick links for anyone who might like to purchase some:

Antique Bronze: http://www.dorkfishcoins.com/cart/index.ph...;products_id=87

Antique Gold: http://www.dorkfishcoins.com/cart/index.ph...;products_id=89

Wow! I am sooooo thankful. I just ordered two of the antique gold versions! My Yellow Lab Max passed away on August 3, 2007, and I really appreciate these coins!!!! :)

3a5072f6-95db-49d9-bb29-62e65c7e9543.jpg

My Yellow Lab Max

June 1, 1994 to August 3, 2007

By the way, I finally adopted a new dog from the local animal shelter about three weeks ago. She's a Belgian Malinois mix, about 1 1/2 years old. :D

abc255c0-c3ef-4297-bca6-4eb7f5298b92.jpg

My Belgian Malinois Pepper

That's Pepper, my oldest daughter (GeoNick = Arrrgh!!) and me, tom4props. The Elizabian collar was just a temporary thing after Pepper was spayed.

Thanks again! and Happy New Year Everyone! :D:D:D