2008 Sucks!

Try and beat ours then!!

We were at some friends house celebrating the New Year. On our departure late morning we got three miles down the road for our car to start making loud banging noises. Gareth wound down the window for the electronic mechanism to break and the glass dissappears down into the door! After running to our friends and sorting the window, we tentatively start nursing the car home a different route (it was a more civilsed route if we were to have any problems). As we are going along we witness a girl about 50 metres ahead of us run out in front of a oncoming car so stop to assist and then have to wait to make a statement to the police. Eventually 2.5hours after originally leaving our feineds we get home! Oh...the repair to our car doesn't appear to be a cheap one. B)

Happy New Year! B):):)

Simply Paul wrote:

Tell me more about this thing you call insurance...

I think it's something you pay out for, then when it comes to it they don't... :)

The AA is insurance. And when out caching on Boxing Day, the AA came out to me. And they had to get a flat bed lorry to get my car onto. In sunny north Wales, the AA don't do that themselves, they sub-contract it out. I think my annual fee more than covered the cost of that call out! B)

On the way to a family New Year Eve gathering we thought that a quick cache and dash would be viable :) , so out we jumped after a short journey we reached the spot, a quick search and the treasure box was found :) . Hubby leant round the tree to retrieve it and did his back in :antenna: . We then had to move the car as close to the cache as possible, physically drag him to the car B) and unceremoniously sit him in it . Stop off at supermarket before they close to purchase pain killers, heat packs etc. We continued on our way but needless to say caching is off the todo list for a while.

The worse bit according to hubby was allowing ME to drive his car! B)

Tell me more about this thing you call insurance... :)

Normal house contents insurance will cover your camera. If you don't have contents insurance, then your up the proverbial creek without a paddle.
The excess would be more than the camera would cost to replace. However, Currys.digital are offering me a two year extended warrantee for £47, and that includes accidental damage... I'll see what Fuji say first.

The worse bit according to hubby was allowing ME to drive his car! :laughing:

I hope you bashed it over every speed hump for comments like that! :( (oops, sorry about your back dear!)

Since when have footpaths had speed humps? :D

call me old fashioned, but I kinda assumed that they had driven home on the road :(

A battery terminal in my GPS broke. It's a Garmin GPSMap 76Csx.

Is it OK to cry?

That's easy to sort. Just send it back to Garmin who have excellent Customer Service and will often replace with a new unit for free. :unsure:

My mate, Les, broke one of the battery terminals in his GPSMap196. A quick phonecall to Garmin and two new terminals (easy to fit, just a small screw) arrived in an envelope the next morning. Sorted!!

Tell me more about this thing you call insurance... :unsure:

Normal house contents insurance will cover your camera. If you don't have contents insurance, then your up the proverbial creek without a paddle.
The excess would be more than the camera would cost to replace. However, Currys.digital are offering me a two year extended warrantee for £47, and that includes accidental damage... I'll see what Fuji say first.

WOW that is some excess or it's a cheap camera? My household excess is only £50. I've also never had any problems with claims!

Tell me more about this thing you call insurance... :unsure:
WOW that is some excess or it's a cheap camera? My household excess is only £50. I've also never had any problems with claims!
Ah, you misunderstand me. I could sell the camera as-is (the viewfinder screen is fine, so it's still perfectly usable) and replace it with a similar model. I'd lose about £50 that way - but my premium wouldn't rise because I'd made a claim on insurance. Anyway, a friend at the shop where I bought it has come up with a cunning plan, so I'm on top of the situation now :lol:

Anyway, I think bikermel76 has 'won' this thread. Sorry to hear about that :D

Almost a tale of woe, in that geocaching almost cost me ₤150+ this morning as I dropped my car keys. :drama: After over an hour of retracing my steps searchinng the towpath of the Grand Union canal at Greenford I finally gave up and contacted the AA, who were going to get a locksmith out for me. Fortunately just before they rang back with this quote I found my keys about 50m from the car, by the gate leading down to the canal :ph34r: . I had actually spent less time caching than either travelling or searching for my keys/ contacting the AA/finding my keys. :anicute:

Lucky or what?

Is it OK to cry?

That's easy to sort. Just send it back to Garmin who have excellent Customer Service and will often replace with a new unit for free. :laughing:

My mate, Les, broke one of the battery terminals in his GPSMap196. A quick phonecall to Garmin and two new terminals (easy to fit, just a small screw) arrived in an envelope the next morning. Sorted!!

Exactly the same thing happened on my 76CSx, and judging by other forums it is a coomon fault - at least on earlier ones

After one phone call and posting off the old one - almost by return a completely new boxed one

Is it OK to cry?

That's easy to sort. Just send it back to Garmin who have excellent Customer Service and will often replace with a new unit for free. :laughing:

Exactly the same thing happened on my 76CSx, and judging by other forums it is a coomon fault - at least on earlier ones

After one phone call and posting off the old one - almost by return a completely new boxed one