Could we BE any more vague?

foxtrot_xray

Not much description, is there? But it does give precise coordinates which, although they apparently didn't have enough data to declare as ADJUSTED, are undoubtedly pretty good. With that and the stamping, you might be in good shape.

31 44 37.81199(N) 081 37 12.02307(W)

I personally love it, and am really tempted to drive 180 miles just to go find the thing. :P

And, perhaps, I'll even add some useful directions. :P

How 'bout I save you the cost of gas and go get it myself? I live in Hinesville (just NE of Ludowici). Stay tuned seekers! We ain't the only ones who're nuts! :unsure:

The designation 7 KEM just looked like a USGS designation and so it is. I don't know why a description of the mark was never submitted. The USGS description reads:

50 ft NW. and 37 ft SW. of, and 0.2 ft higher than T-rd. NW; 8 ft NE. of underground telephone connection; 3 ft SW. of corner fencepost; 1 ft E. of witness post; in concrete post projecting 0.2 ft; standard table stamped "& KEM 1973 77". I will forward the USGS info on to the NGS database team and have them add this description.

The designation 7 KEM just looked like a USGS designation and so it is. I don't know why a description of the mark was never submitted. The USGS description reads:

50 ft NW. and 37 ft SW. of, and 0.2 ft higher than T-rd. NW; 8 ft NE. of underground telephone connection; 3 ft SW. of corner fencepost; 1 ft E. of witness post; in concrete post projecting 0.2 ft; standard table stamped "& KEM 1973 77". I will forward the USGS info on to the NGS database team and have them add this description.

Oh no, but that's no fun then! :huh:

I personally love it, and am really tempted to drive 180 miles just to go find the thing. :(

And, perhaps, I'll even add some useful directions. :D

How 'bout I save you the cost of gas and go get it myself? I live in Hinesville (just NE of Ludowici). Stay tuned seekers! We ain't the only ones who're nuts! :rolleyes:

Hey, while I'd love to be the one to find it and offer directions, I can't tell you rightly not to. :D Go for it. And be sure to give better directions for your recovery. Then, when I eventually DO make it down there, I'll use your notes. :(

Oh, dang. I seem to be the 'descriptive source' on this one! KV4204 But it's a chimney, rather than a disk. Nice vague description!

I'd have given a better description if I'd known that!

I drove by one on my way to colorado that was a chimney, and if I remember right, it had no description either. I wasn't able to locate it as by the time I got to that area, it was night and I was anxious to get home. However, now that you got me thinking of it, I'll have to dig it up again. :rolleyes:

Edited by foxtrot_xray