SLO Trekker Geocoin Update

SLO Trekker

All coins have been reserved! Sorry for those of you who missed out. I guess next time I will have to consider a larger minting!

Rats- Just put in my order!!! These are very nice and no doubt that they sold out that quickly. Just put me in line for any that come up- Thanks

I need a boot for walkin! and that tread pattern looks like it would do the trick nicely!

Well, the coins are here! Unfortunately there were some problems with a number of the coins, so it will be another few weeks before I can start invoicing/shipping. A batch of the antique silver coins had enamel problems and need to be replaced.

Also, ALL of the antique copper coins were made with one color incorrect. :anicute: Somehow the color correction from PMS467 to PMS497 was overlooked, so they all have the yellowish color instead of the deep burgandy/brownish color as shown in the art work. It was an honst mistake, and Rusty offered to eat the cost of replacements since the error was not mine but I just coudn't stomach destroying 100 coins that are perfectly fine except for a color issue.

As a result, there will be 350 coins now instead of 250 as originally planned. The additional finish is the antique copper "mistake", which I will designate as ACL (L for the lighter color). Since there were a lot of you interested in these coins who missed out, 40 of the ACL finish will be available for purchase later.

Just to be clear, here are the numbers once again:

Antique Gold - 25 (not available)

Black Nickel - 50 (not available)

Antique Silver (AS) - 75 (sold out)

Antique Copper (AC) - 100 (sold out)

Antique Copper (ACL) - 100 (40 available soon)

Here are photos of the AS and ACL editions:

AS.jpg

ACL.jpg

For those of you who have coins reserved, I apologize for the last-minute change. It seemed like the best thing to do given the circumstances. I completely understand, though, that this may affect your original reservation. So, send me an e-mail (slotrekker@charter.net) if you would like to release your reservation or change the finishes you want. (After all, some of you may like the ACL better!) To be fair to others, no ADDITIONAL coins may be reserved yet. That is, the TOTAL number of coins reserved must stay the same or be less. Please submit any changes to me within one week. If any Antique Silver become available, I will give those of you currently on the waiting list first chance at them. Your reservation will remain the same unless I hear from you. Any switches involving the ACL edition will be first come, first served.

Once the dust has settled, I will start a new thread for the additional 40 coins that will be available for purchase. It will be first come, first served. If you missed out earlier, this will be your opportunity to get in on these coins.

I regret this may make a few of you unhappy, but please keep in mind this is my very first coin, and I am doing the best I can given NO prior experience!

Yeah...That'l make some of us who missed out on the OG's happy!!!

I got my reservation in at the last minute and missed out on em all, but I got on a reservation waiting list...Good thing is I just got an email from SLO saying that I got 2 of the coppers!!! :anibad:

Happy day!!! :anicute:

Sorry there were errors :P

I know it must happen here and there, but given how long this project has already been in development, it would have been nice for this part of it to have gone smoothly. Fortunately Rusty has been very responsive with the issue and is getting it taken care of. He really has been great through this and has stood behind his work fully. Now if only the invoicing and shipping goes smoothly... :P

I'll stick with my original order, even with the error in color, it still looks great. If you need to switch old color for new or mix and match, thats ok too as long as the original number of copper coins remains the same I'm ok with that.

Edited by mrjiffy

If anyone has ordered extras of these I am interested in trading for 2 of these.

For trade we have the following personal geocoins:

Team Sand Dollar V2.5 (Trackable with icon) in:

Misty Gold, Misty Silver, Matte Black

Buffalo Wings V3 2007 - NAVY (Trackable with icon) in:

Ant Silver

Team Sand Dollar 2007 (Trackable with icon) in:

Misty Gold, Black Nickel, Ant.Copper

Team Sand Dollar - MWGB (Numbered, NON-Trackable) in:

Silver

Hockey Jersey #3 - Team Sand Dollar (Trackable with Group icon)

Also check out my trade list at http://cointracking.com/public/TeamSandDollar

Thanks

Team Sand Dollar

Finally! The replacement coins have arrived. Here are pictures of the Antique Copper (AC) done with the correct colors.

AC.jpg

I will also now take reservations for the ACL coins, which are Antique Copper with the lighter color. For reference, here is the picture for the ACL:

ACL.jpg

There are 40 ACL available. Anyone may place a reservation, even if you have an existing reservation for the other finishes. Once the 40 are gone I will start sending out invoices.

Price: $8.50 each (Antique Copper Light)

Send to: slotrekker@charter.net

INFORMATION NEEDED FOR RESERVATION:

Your Name:

Your Geocaching Name:

Your Country:

Paypal e-mail for billing:

Contact e-mail (one you check often):

# of ACL coins you would like to reserve:

Edited by SLO Trekker

Invoices are going out today for most people. Some of you are on a waiting list for AS or AC, so I will hold off a little on your orders to see if anything frees up.

I still have plenty of the ACL finish available for those of you who missed out on the AC and AS finish. If you get your invoice and want to add any ACL, send me a message and I can revise your invoice.

Invoices for international deliveries will go out later this week. I've got orders from Canada, UK, Norway, Germany, Sweden, and Netherlands. For those of you from these countries, is there anything special (forms or information) that needs to accompany the package other than the customs form?

No other forms to Norway, but it's nice if you call them game tokens instead of coins on the customs form and set the value to just a few $...

Invoices for international deliveries will go out later this week. I've got orders from Canada, UK, Norway, Germany, Sweden, and Netherlands. For those of you from these countries, is there anything special (forms or information) that needs to accompany the package other than the customs form?

No other forms to Norway, but it's nice if you call them game tokens instead of coins on the customs form and set the value to just a few $...

Same applies for Sweden.

For Canada all that is needed is that green customs form on the package. And yes it is better to mark it as a novelty game token or just game token with a low dollar value.

Thanks!!

Same applies for Sweden.

Same also applies for Canada :mad:

For those of you from these countries, is there anything special (forms or information) that needs to accompany the package other than the customs form?
Same applies for Sweden.
Same also applies for Canada :mad:

I'd say that "Game Token" is the best bet for every international geocoin shipment. And, best of all, IT'S TRUE!