Premium Membership "Required"?

Fly4Free

I have been away for a while.. 8 months to be exact, and I can not get any coorodinates without a a premium membership.... when I log onto a cache, there is a message that shows the coordinates as ????? and propmpts you to purchase a premium membership.

What blows my mind is I am not even able to see my own cache that I set out! LOL, I know where it is, hell I set it out there, but the site is telling me I need to purchase a premium membership to see the coordinates?

WHEN DID THIS START?

DOES ALL GEOCACHING COST MONEY?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BASIC FREE MEMBERSHIP?

HOW CAN I MAKE MY CACHE ACCESSABLE TO FREE BASIC MEMBERS?

Since your cache is not a Members Only Cache, the diagnosis is that you are not logged in.

Basic members can see cache details, including coordinates, IF they are logged in under their account.

For quite some time now, it's not been possible to see cache details until you sign up for an account.

So chill out, stop cussing and login.

Since your cache is not a Members Only Cache, the diagnosis is that you are not logged in.

Basic members can see cache details, including coordinates, IF they are logged in under their account.

For quite some time now, it's not been possible to see cache details until you sign up for an account.

So chill out, stop cussing and login.

Did not cuss,

Did figure out the problem... for some reason I had to validate my account.. I found the original email sent to me a year ago and clicked the link for validation....

all fixed!

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Your post included a gratuitous four-letter word. Don't do that. Also, typing in all capital letters is considered SHOUTING on a forum. I was just advising you to calm down, and I see you've done that. I'm glad you're validated and logged in again, and also that you've returned to enjoy geocaching after a long absence.

Your post included a gratuitous four-letter word. Don't do that. Also, typing in all capital letters is considered SHOUTING on a forum. I was just advising you to calm down, and I see you've done that. I'm glad you're validated and logged in again, and also that you've returned to enjoy geocaching after a long absence.

Achem... after reading every word in this topic, I wonder what four letter word you were referring to? As far as I(and many others are concerned), " a gratuitous four-letter word" refers to F***, S***, D*** , and T*** are the only words that could be referred to. As those words weren't used here(and the post was not edited) I wonder what your eyes were blurring?

*no offince intended, but just a realization*

The Steaks

I have been away for a while.. 8 months to be exact, and I can not get any coorodinates without a a premium membership.... when I log onto a cache, there is a message that shows the coordinates as ????? and propmpts you to purchase a premium membership.

What blows my mind is I am not even able to see my own cache that I set out! LOL, I know where it is, hell I set it out there, but the site is telling me I need to purchase a premium membership to see the coordinates?

WHEN DID THIS START?

:( I think the one in red

WHEN DID THIS START?

:( I think the one in red

Really... I thought that hell would be considered a " a gratuitous four-letter word" if and only if the H was capitalized. Even then, if you are referring to the place, it is not a " a gratuitous four-letter word" unless you included Heaven in the same sentance... and even then, that is only in Some(not all..or even tha majority) of religous interpretations.

On another Point... I don't really see the issue with it seemings that a search for the word "hell" gives us over 1000 results just here in the forums... and 985 cache pages with the same word in it.

The Steaks

Actually, a gratuitous four-letter word can be any four-letter word one is not charged to use or see.

As the forums are available for no charge, I submit most of the posts in this forum are filled with gratuitous four-letter words.

boat

sofa

shoe

milk

so, THERE!

:unsure:

(no disrespect intended...just my stupid humor)