Taking over an existing Cache

belle610

:blink: I assume I am not he first to have this problem and hopefully there is an existing procedure. The specifics are as follows Kirby's Cache (GC2408) was hidden back in Oct. 2001 and is still out there and being visited. It is in a great spot and I hike the trails with my kids frequently. Un fortunately it needs maintenance and it looks like the owner Kirby and Sam (kjfcnc) is no longer an active cacher (last visit june 2005). I have posted a maintenance log and sent a message to Kirby to volunteer but have heard nothing.

Is there a way to get this cache deactivated, transfered to me, or should I just take it over myself??

Please see the post about adoption procedures in the FAQ thread that's pinned at the top of the "Getting Started" forum. Voluntary adoptions are always preferred, but in certain cases an involuntary adoption is possible. From your summary it appears that the cache in question may be eligible, because the owner is inactive and the cache needs help from an owner.

Thanks that is just the info I was looking for, I'll get to work and see how it goes.

Edited by belle610