geocacheuk.com

itchy-feet

Further to gushoneybun's post above, you can see your user number if you hover your mouse over your user name at the start of your post then look at your browser's status bar - daytribe, yours is 392449.

Thanks Bill D (wwh), for the last bit; i never though to say that bit :o

Great site. I actually prefer the "my stats" map to a shaded county map, as it shows a truer picture (I get the whole of london shaded for a quick find at Heathrow). I have both, and you can clearly see a large cluster near home, but then you can also see quite clearly a line of cache and dashes on the M1/M6/M42/M40.

However, I'm still waiting for at least one of my placed caches to be recognised after a couple of weeks.

GC1BZJY

any help appreciated.

Paul

Edited by uk89camaro
Great site. I actually prefer the "my stats" map to a shaded county map, as it shows a truer picture (I get the whole of london shaded for a quick find at Heathrow). I have both, and you can clearly see a large cluster near home, but then you can also see quite clearly a line of cache and dashes on the M1/M6/M42/M40.

However, I'm still waiting for at least one of my placed caches to be recognised after a couple of weeks.

GC1BZJY

any help appreciated.

Paul

That must be Dave - Looking out for his Brother . The reason it does not appear is it a member only cache. Only caches open to all appear on gcuk.com, this is to comply with GS requirements that member only caches are only available to paying members. If you want it to appear you will need to change the status.

GC1BZJY

any help appreciated.

Paul

That must be Dave - Looking out for his Brother . The reason it does not appear is it a member only cache. Only caches open to all appear on gcuk.com, this is to comply with GS requirements that member only caches are only available to paying members. If you want it to appear you will need to change the status.

I didn't know that, thank you.

Is there a problem with GCUK? I've been getting this sort of error fro the past day now:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /home/geocache/public_html/stats/connect.php on line 25

I cannot connect to the database.

Likewise and same question?

Is there a problem with GCUK? I've been getting this sort of error fro the past day now:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /home/geocache/public_html/stats/connect.php on line 25

same here ? :)

same here ? :)

Ditto.

Hopefully its just off-line while some maintenance is taking place,

It's back! It's back! OK, so it's slow as it probably has some catching up to do, but hey, at least I can see a few red dots for some of my Scottish finds from last week now.

Thank you to the admin guys, whichever combination of you it is (Ian?) - much appreciated!

It's back! It's back! OK, so it's slow as it probably has some catching up to do, but hey, at least I can see a few red dots for some of my Scottish finds from last week now.

Thank you to the admin guys, whichever combination of you it is (Ian?) - much appreciated!

...and its gone again....oh dear! :)

Mark

...and its gone again....oh dear! :D

Mark

getting withdrawal symptons.

:D

Although the main site is working the database seems to have a problem which is preventing it displaying, maps, stats, etc.

The error I'm seeing is:

Couldn't insert caches into sresult - insert into sresult (query_id, type, cache_id) select 1066364, 'G',cache.id from cache where cache.uk_ind = 'Y' and cache.problem_ind = 'N' and cache.archived_ind = 'N' and cache.available_ind = 'Y' and cache.archived_ind = 'N' and cache.available_ind = 'Y' - Table './stats/cache' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

Excellent news. Just in case it goes down again, here are all the event caches. I really miss this list when I can't get it!

Forthcoming Event Caches

Sat 5th Jul Axton Drop-in Barbecue GC1CK9N PRESTATYN, Clwyd

Sun 6th Jul A Racy Little Event (Silverstone, F1 GP weekend) GC1BQZE BUCKINGHAM, Buckinghamshire

Sat 12th Jul Let's Go Camping in Wiltshire GC1CNHY BATH, Wiltshire

Sun 13th Jul Picnic in the Park 2008 GC19WWK TROWBRIDGE, Wiltshire

Sat 19th Jul Commando Ramble #2 GC1D7DR BRISTOL, Avon

Sat 19th Jul Welcome to Geocaching! GC1AV0E RIPPONDEN, West Yorkshire

Sat 19th Jul 2008 Summer Event GC1B5C9 ,

Sat 19th Jul You won't get 'Snowd-on' in the new café! GC19QP5 BLAENAU FFESTINIOG, Gwynedd

Sat 19th Jul Carry Yer Own Camping 08 GC1CNTC BUCKFASTLEIGH, Devon

Sat 19th Jul Dusk 'til Dawn - Through The Night 'Caching Event GC18T51 HENLEY-ON-THAMES, Buckinghamshire

Sat 26th Jul PIRATEMANIA 2008 GC1812B WHALEY BRIDGE, Derbyshire

Sat 26th Jul Froyle Cache Bash GC1CEEP ALTON, Hampshire

Fri 1st Aug They came from the North GC18ZZE HARROGATE, North Yorkshire

Fri 1st Aug Let's Go Mega Camping in Ripon GC19394 RIPON, North Yorkshire

Fri 8th Aug Pub Meet and Greet. GC1D450 YEOVIL, Somerset

Sat 9th Aug The Wye Valley and Forest of Dean Camping Event GC1AGWK MONMOUTH, Gloucestershire

Sat 16th Aug Mid Summer Madness 2008 (Dereham) GC1BG6H EAST DEREHAM, Norfolk

Sun 17th Aug The Allotment Bash Replanted GC19ZXP NORTHAMPTON, Northamptonshire

Sun 17th Aug Burley Bar B Bash GC1CG1F LAUNCESTON, Cornwall

Sat 23rd Aug Kernow Kachers 2nd All Weather BBQ GC19TFP PADSTOW, Cornwall

Sat 23rd Aug Gathering In The Glens 2008 GC1B7MA BALLATER, Grampian Region

Fri 29th Aug Somerset & Bristol quarterly get-together #4 GC1CJBB WESTON-SUPER-MARE, Avon

Sat 30th Aug Going For A Burton (gFAB 2008) GC1CNMC SWADLINCOTE, Derbyshire

Sat 30th Aug Cerney Wick 2008 GC19VJN CIRENCESTER, Wiltshire

Sat 6th Sep Mourne Rambler GC1D1Z6 , Co Down

Excellent news. Just in case it goes down again, here are all the event caches. I really miss this list when I can't get it!

There seems to be quite a few events missing off this list (I suppose they may have been published whilst the site was down - so may be updated soon).

I find the easiest way to look at the forthcoming events is to click on 'Newest in... Uk' on 'My Account' page. Because all events are in the future they are all listed first (although you have to go forward a couple of pages to find the next event)

:(

Down again.

Too many people checking the site! :P

Next time it's back, dont look! :P

Who looked?! :P

It's down again :(

I have just had a shock its working so DO NOT LOOK at gcuk.com :P

...I'm not B)...whooooa...

PLEASE.

Can we take it in turns to check the site?

I baggsy 10.30pn tonight for 5 minutes!

:(

Down again.

Too many people checking the site! :P

Next time it's back, dont look! :P

Who looked?! :P

It's down again :(

I have just had a shock its working so DO NOT LOOK at gcuk.com :P

...I'm not B)...whooooa...

PLEASE.

Can we take it in turns to check the site?

I baggsy 10.30pm tonight for 5 minutes!

I stopped my PQ's going to it a while back, as there seemed no point, when it did reappear it was then so far out of date with a backlog of PQ's, so I stopped them to reduce the backlog. I know Deci tried to contact the owner, a few weeks back any news on that? as I do have an old email address for Ian (Teasel) if required.

I stopped my PQ's going to it a while back, as there seemed no point, when it did reappear it was then so far out of date with a backlog of PQ's, so I stopped them to reduce the backlog. I know Deci tried to contact the owner, a few weeks back any news on that? as I do have an old email address for Ian (Teasel) if required.

Sorry I've not yet received a reply, but do have a different avenue of approach to try. Especially as there is a offer of help from a very experienced source.

Sorry I've not yet received a reply, but do have a different avenue of approach to try. Especially as there is a offer of help from a very experienced source.

*Fingers crossed*

Any news on if/when geocacheuk will be returning.

I currently donate a PQ to the site - Is it still worth running it on a daily basis?

I suspended all mine, as when it did come back a while back it was slowly churning through them, so though best it just had one of each that I gave rather than dozens of them.

Been keeping an eye out for postings on the health of our favourite caching site. Is it time to accept that it is now likened unto the dodo gone never to return? Or is there anyone who could give us a sign of hope that it may one day be resurrected.

I've pretty much given up on it now it's been down for so long, and when it has come back it has only lasted a few hours :)

Philip